ADVERTISEMENT

Horns will not lose more than 2 games next season

I can't imagine how good this team will look with one more offseason under their belt. I mean look at the transformation so far. We will be locks for the Alamo bowl for sure.
There is good and then there is Big 12 good. At some point all of the Big 12 coaches succumb to the fact that their teams are only Big 12 good or they strive to become Big 12 good. That's the state of Big 12 football in my opinion.

I agree with OP... if Tom Herman, John Harbaugh, Art Briles, Les Miles, Mike Gundy, Larry Fedora, Gus Malzahn,or any other football man with a pulse is the coach.

I think 9-10 would be hard not to get to next year regardless who the coach is.

Maryland
San Jose State
KU
Iowa state
Baylor

All those should be near locks next year. So that means you need 5 wins out of

USC
Tech
K State
OU
Ok State
West Virginia
TCU

If Snyder retires K State is probably a lock game. I could see 9-10 fairly easily

Teams I would give the edge to (1-2)
USC
TCU
OU

Too close to call (1-1)
OSU
WVU

Teams we should beat (we'll go 6-1)
KSU
Tech
Baylor
ISU
San Jose
Maryland
KU

I haven't seen anything from this coaching staff that shows they can win all the games they should. We will steal one from USC, TCU, or OU. Probably lose one of WVU or OSU.

8-4

Oh good grief crazy don't start this again. Oklahoma state fans always do the " wait til next year" thing. Be better than that man lol

This isn't Petes' program anymore. Reggie, Matt & Lyndale are all gone......but so is Vince. Buchele with a yr under his belt, we win.
Lemme break it down for you my brudda.....

USC will get 7 back on offense
USC will get 10 back on defense

USC would drop 5 tds on us tomorrow.

I think 9-10 would be hard not to get to next year regardless who the coach is.

Maryland
San Jose State
KU
Iowa state
Baylor

All those should be near locks next year. So that means you need 5 wins out of

USC
Tech
K State
OU
Ok State
West Virginia
TCU

If Snyder retires K State is probably a lock game. I could see 9-10 fairly easily

And don't we get the Tortilla Flats Gang, K-State and Okie Lite at home next year? Should get us to 8 wins without too much trouble....except we actually have to play the games....

Buechele as a sophmore with guys like duverney and burt could be pretty good. If Foreman is back, thats a season changer

I've resigned myself to the fact that Foreman ain't coming back. If Strong is the coach Texas will win about 8 games next year. If we get another coach, then it's a wait and see. This team will be good enough to beat everyone on our schedule, but not with our current coaching staff.

Lemme break it down for you my brudda.....

USC will get 7 back on offense
USC will get 10 back on defense

USC would drop 5 tds on us tomorrow.
I hear ya loud and clear brudda but this Texas team ain't quite normal either. They beat heavily favored teams, mostly, and lose to the College of the Blind. Just sticking with trends. Lol

I've resigned myself to the fact that Foreman ain't coming back. If Strong is the coach Texas will win about 8 games next year. If we get another coach, then it's a wait and see. This team will be good enough to beat everyone on our schedule, but not with our current coaching staff.
This. This staff is just not good enough to be at a school like Texas.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
USC - loss
OU - loss
OSU - loss
TCU - loss
WVU - ? Toss up
KSU - ? Toss up
Maryland - ? Toss up (2nd year for coach DJ Durkin - named head coach in December 2015)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT