ADVERTISEMENT

How do the Dems and MSM pivot from here now that it appears Biden isn't dropping out?

Pho King Master

Inside the Yakk
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2004
I think after Thursday's epic disaster there was legitimate hope that he would drop out. It was very much out of character for the MSM to be critical of Biden. Not only were they critical of him, they crucified him. I kept waiting for the spin or the sugar coating, but outside of Maddow and a couple others, there wasn't any.

That brings us to now. How do they pivot back to Biden and back him again?

It seemed prior to Thursday there were 3 approaches:

1. Ignore and deny - Anytime Biden had a Biden moment, it wouldn't air on MSM and even if it did, it would just be brushed to the side. They would claim he was sharp as a tac.

2. Claim he has had some decline, but Trump is just as bad. Again, anytime Biden had a Biden moment, the media would then scour all footage of Trump to find a mistake he made. They'd find some footage of a speech where Trump would mistakenly call someone Jim Jones instead of Jack Jones and then claim that was a clear sign he was just as bad, if not worse than Biden.

3. Claim all the footage of Biden having Biden moments were deep fakes.

Do they continue to use the approaches noted above or try something new? I mean, there couldn't have been a more stark contrast between Trump and Biden in the debate, so option 2 seems to be off the table as is #1. Unless the entire debate was orchestrated and faked by Trump's camp, then option 3 is off the table as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News