Hudson Card

Weevil....we gt lots of penalties, but I dont remember getting even one for illegal man down field......but what do I know?

Reactions: weevilcatch
We don't have any deep ball threat imo, so it's hard to say. Plus our recievers, the supposed fast ones, struggled to create separation. Hopefully that gets better and the deep will look better
I think Worthy could be that guy and if Whittington can stay healthy he’s gonna be hell to deal with. Other than those two, Joshua Moore is meh. We need some of these guys to step up.

I thought I did, but crap man I only rewatched the defense. I thought even Huard mentioned it a few times about his progressions, but hell, did Huard even have our game? LOL
There were plenty of times I saw Card get to his 3rd read. That was one of the things that really stood out to me were his eyes and how he was able to go through his progressions even under pressure. A lot of young QBs tend to bail after their 1st or 2nd read isn't there. That was one thing that Sam always seem to struggle with and was his biggest weakness IMO. Our season will go as Hudson goes this year I believe. After what I saw from him last weekend i'm pretty optimistic about our chances of playing for a conference championship this year.

I wish that Card.....when he makes those miracle escapes in the backfield could learn to heave the ball out of bounds instead of sucumbing to the next wave of defenders.

I wish that Card.....when he makes those miracle escapes in the backfield could learn to heave the ball out of bounds instead of sucumbing to the next wave of defenders.
I don't remember him taking any sacks like this. I do remember him a couple of times escaping outside the pocket and throwing the ball away out of bounds.

I thought I counted 3 or 4 times he would get trapped....escape..only to get trapped again. LaLa got in our backfield way too often.

Honestly though, if I have an athletic QB, I don’t want him to just automatically throw the ball away every time. If he sees an opportunity, I want him to try to make a play with his legs.

Imagine if VY just threw it away every time he got in trouble. Matter of fact, he started doing that in the NFL, and it’s no coincidence that’s when his productivity severely dropped off.

Reactions: hookem777
Hudson Card stinks . . . He is not mentally inbred?

Okay so I'm replying back to your post and it says something way different then what you put lol

I didn't think Card was ready for the big stage. I don't know why I had more faith in Casey than Card. Casey is a gamer and that is the type of guy we need back there. Wait wasn't Colt a gamer?

You had more faith in Thompson because it was garbage time. Most QBs do better when the game is in hand one way or the other. Am I wrong? Just always thought that. I was a bit surprised by Card's performance because of last week. I know on the road with a hostile environment is different but the 1st time to start at home on the big stage against a perceived quality opponent is a lot of pressure too.

You had more faith in Thompson because it was garbage time. Most QBs do better when the game is in hand one way or the other. Am I wrong? Just always thought that. I was a bit surprised by Card's performance because of last week. I know on the road with a hostile environment is different but the 1st time to start at home on the big stage against a perceived quality opponent is a lot of pressure too.

I don’t think Arky changed their D scheme much. And the players certainly didn’t let up.

But, yeah I’m sure it’s a mix.

Our OL is a hot mess of goo. Gonna be a struggle this year.

Reactions: okiehorn
You had more faith in Thompson because it was garbage time. Most QBs do better when the game is in hand one way or the other. Am I wrong? Just always thought that. I was a bit surprised by Card's performance because of last week. I know on the road with a hostile environment is different but the 1st time to start at home on the big stage against a perceived quality opponent is a lot of pressure

You know @JoeAg I was just over at Texags ruffling some feathers and they were all mad about the new AP poll that shows A&M losing a couple spots, just like OU did after the Tulane game. Well when I opined that the AP is not too impressed with the A&M offense and that the A&M defense is just ok, another Aggie chimes in and couldn't believe I said A&M's defense is just ok and assured me that y'alls defense is much better than Ok, they're one of the best in the nation.

Well, at that point I had to do my due diligence and sure enough as of today A&M has the 43rd ranked defense in the country, ranked behind OU and Colo, just for reference. When I presented this little tidbit of info, they didn't want to talk football anymore they wanted to know how I was posting from my mom's basement etc? I wonder how they know that? Seems like Aggies are wanting to live off accomplishments and rankings from last year and not wanting to face the realities of this year?

Anyway, those pesky football facts can really ruin a feel good argument someone is trying to make.

You know @JoeAg I was just over at Texags ruffling some feathers and they were all mad about the new AP poll that shows A&M losing a couple spots, just like OU did after the Tulane game. Well when I opined that the AP is not too impressed with the A&M offense and that the A&M defense is just ok, another Aggie chimes in and couldn't believe I said A&M's defense is just ok and assured me that y'alls defense is much better than Ok, they're one of the best in the nation.

Well, at that point I had to do my due diligence and sure enough as of today A&M has the 43rd ranked defense in the country, ranked behind OU and Colo, just for reference. When I presented this little tidbit of info, they didn't want to talk football anymore they wanted to know how I was posting from my mom's basement etc? I wonder how they know that? Seems like Aggies are wanting to live off accomplishments and rankings from last year and not wanting to face the realities of this year?

Anyway, those pesky football facts can really ruin a feel good argument someone is trying to make.
Aggies don't base their logic off of facts. This is well known.

Reactions: LonghornMM