ADVERTISEMENT

I had an idea (airlines & luggage related)

CallawayItIs

Well-Hung Member
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2011
I don't want to pursue it. I believe in it, but simply don't have time and I'm typically a giver more than a taker (no homo).

I posted this on another social medium and wanted to get input.

-----------

Here's your idea for the week:
Problem: Your airport luggage is treated as a piece of trash. It's thrown around, it's abused, and passengers have to replace their luggage every few years (depending how much you travel with checked luggage).

They make Gyro chips, you have one in your pocket right now if you're carrying your phone or reading this post at a 15 degree angle.

Figure out how to incorporate a device that can sit in your luggage so if it's broke or damaged you can track the when/what/how it happened. Use the data towards airline handlers so the abuse stops. Do this on a large scale, you'll change the industry and how handling will change.

Everything is automated now, therefore machines are punching your bag through the belts at a 80 mph rate on impact. Thus my previous comment above.

Luggage market doesn't want you to know but it's $58 Million dollar business a year.

I'm looking at you Apple. I'm suggesting to anyone else. Do it, you'll be stacking money with the right proposal.
Develop it, commercialize it and sell it.

Hit me up once you've taken this idea and made it reality. I simply don't have time or effort to do it right now. All I need to hear is a "Thank you". Nothing else.

------------

Feel free to roast or take the idea. It's probably stupid, but it was a thought.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News