ADVERTISEMENT

I have a bad feeling about OU.

This is his 3rd full season in the program. He had the benefit of watching for a year and has a complete season under his belt as the starter. He should have a very good grasp of their system by now. That is not an excuse IMO. Some guys are just naturally leaders and I think it's either something you have or you don't. I don't see it as something that you really have to grow into.

These next couple of weeks should tell us about who he is as a player. The great players have a way to turn adversity into a motivation tool. Some of these kids are so used to being the star throughout their younger years that they never really have to deal with adversity.
No doubt Rattler could be a better leader. Riley is calling some dumbass ass calls at times as well. The blame goes in a couple different directions imo. Our run game has been struggling, i doubt that's Rattler's fault?

This is his 3rd full season in the program. He had the benefit of watching for a year and has a complete season under his belt as the starter. He should have a very good grasp of their system by now. That is not an excuse IMO. Some guys are just naturally leaders and I think it's either something you have or you don't. I don't see it as something that you really have to grow into.

These next couple of weeks should tell us about who he is as a player. The great players have a way to turn adversity into a motivation tool. Some of these kids are so used to being the star throughout their younger years that they never really have to deal with adversity.
Remember that he was yanked by Riley in last year’s RRS. He somehow thinks that he could just walk into that game and get away with just his talent alone.

My guess is that being from Arizona he probably never followed the RRS very closely and doesn’t appreciate what that game means.

I like our chances in that game. My only worry is our secondary. They need to clean up their communications on the back end. No way that TT’s backup QB should toss 3 bombs on our guys. One time I can live with but three times is just not acceptable. That must get cleaned up immediately.

Of course, our focus should be on TCU this week instead of OU. I’m even getting ahead of myself so I hope our guys don’t do the same thing.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
Remember that he was yanked by Riley in last year’s RRS. He somehow thinks that he could just walk into that game and get away with just his talent alone.

My guess is that being from Arizona he probably never followed the RRS very closely and doesn’t appreciate what that game means.

I like our chances in that game. My only worry is our secondary. They need to clean up their communications on the back end. No way that TT’s backup QB should toss 3 bombs on our guys. One time I can live with but three times is just not acceptable. That must get cleaned up immediately.

Of course, our focus should be on TCU this week instead of OU. I’m even getting ahead of myself so I hope our guys don’t do the same thing.

Unfortunately I think you have a great shot to win the RRR. All your DC really needs to do is stack the box against our shaky oline, and make our offensive one dimensional. Then turn the edge pass rushers loose against our tackles.

On offense, let the Thompson kid use his legs to help convert 3rd downs. Our defense isn't bad, but our front seven isn't quite as ferocious as everyone thought it was going to be.

Who is Sarks DC by the way? Did he bring someone with him from AL?

Reactions: clob94
Unfortunately I think you have a great shot to win the RRR. All your DC really needs to do is stack the box against our shaky oline, and make our offensive one dimensional. Then turn the edge pass rushers loose against our tackles.

On offense, let the Thompson kid use his legs to help convert 3rd downs. Our defense isn't bad, but our front seven isn't quite as ferocious as everyone thought it was going to be.

Who is Sarks DC by the way? Did he bring someone with him from AL?
It's Pete Kwiatkowski.

No doubt Rattler could be a better leader. Riley is calling some dumbass ass calls at times as well. The blame goes in a couple different directions imo. Our run game has been struggling, i doubt that's Rattler's fault?
Ginger fro talks out the side of his mouth only to say “know whut um sayin’?” This guy will not be your leader. Reminds me of Kenny “Trill”. As far as Lincoln play calling I thought he was the next coming? He really hasn’t had to deal with overcoming poor QB play. Let’s see how he adjusts to this adversity. I’ll be a believer then.

I will say that I do appreciate our Oklahoma brethren. Without OU we wouldn't have one of the best weeks of the year IMO. I can't really describe how much fun this upcoming week was when I was in school. Even though our OU posters live in Texas, I have to dedicate a classic to Oklahoma that they don't play on the radio anymore, enjoy.

I would like to hear Clob's explanation as a player coming out of the tunnel on gameday and the week leading up to it. Stories are highly encouraged.

I'll share mine next week.

Tune into kkyx, I hear it three or four times a day. Old fart. 😁

Ginger fro talks out the side of his mouth only to say “know whut um sayin’?” This guy will not be your leader. Reminds me of Kenny “Trill”. As far as Lincoln play calling I thought he was the next coming? He really hasn’t had to deal with overcoming poor QB play. Let’s see how he adjusts to this adversity. I’ll be a believer then.
I'm not doubting Riley's overall playcalling abilities, he's put up huge number against the best of them Georgia, Alabama etc. I can't name one OC that's been better at what he does over the last 5 years. Having said that Riley said himself that he could do a better job of calling plays for Rattler this year. I'm pretty sure he's overcome poor qb play since he first stepped in at OU. Mayfield, Murray and Hurts were nowhere near the players you see today when they came to OU. Mayfield made poor decisions all the time. Hurts was an absolute nightmare to watch for fans, he could fumble and throw interceptions with the best of them. You don't like Rattler, cool. He's got the talent he just needs to be consistent. .

I'm not doubting Riley's overall playcalling abilities, he's put up huge number against the best of them Georgia, Alabama etc. I can't name one OC that's been better at what he does over the last 5 years. Having said that Riley said himself that he could do a better job of calling plays for Rattler this year. I'm pretty sure he's overcome poor qb play since he first stepped in at OU. Mayfield, Murray and Hurts were nowhere near the players you see today when they came to OU. Mayfield made poor decisions all the time. Hurts was an absolute nightmare to watch for fans, he could fumble and throw interceptions with the best of them. You don't like Rattler, cool. He's got the talent he just needs to be consistent. .
Hurts only threw 12 interceptions through 3 years at Alabama. His weakness was processing defenses.

Hurts only threw 12 interceptions through 3 years at Alabama. His weakness was processing defenses.
Yes. And relying on his legs and speed to bail him out for 7-9 yards after he couldn't process said defense. Tuck and run and get 2nd and short.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Hurts threw 8 picks in his year at OU and put the ball on the ground 8 times as well. He put the ball on the ground 11 times at Bama. He was a turnover machine. Watching games with Hurts at the helm wasn’t enjoyable for OU fans, every game was a roller coaster ride culminating in that wonderful obliteration by LSU but he was able to scramble

Hurts threw 8 picks in his year at OU and put the ball on the ground 8 times as well. He put the ball on the ground 11 times at Bama. He was a turnover machine. Watching games with Hurts at the helm wasn’t enjoyable for OU fans, every game was a roller coaster ride culminating in that wonderful obliteration by LSU but he was able to scramble
All of those problems are now transferring into the NFL for him. I don't see him doing much for the Eagles this year. Unless your Lamar Jackson, your legs can only get you so far playing QB at the next level. At some point you have to have the ability to beat teams with your arm.

No, that was simply Texas just choking the game away, poor officiating and flat out luck that OU won. There is no such thing as "Sooner magic", lol.

No such thing? Okay. :)

disappointed that you lost yesterday. If we have to play O-state twice, back to back, that is going to suck horribly.

Playing you guys, our arch rival = awesome/fun/exciting and the world notices.

Playing OSU = it's like playing the special ed kid from your school. They treat it like its their superbowl, and nobody notices the game unless they beat us.

And somehow Gundy cobbles together good teams from those mediocre recruiting classes. I don't understand how the F he does it. That program with that recruiting base, fan base, tradition, playing in Stillwater which is a poop hole, etc should be 3-3, not 6-0.

Never in CFB do I recall a scenario where the Preseason Heisman favorite is benched midseason and his replacement is now a 40-1 odd to win the Heisman in the same year. Watching Riley give coach speak butthurt answers in his interviews is funny too. Riley should be butthurt at Rattler for letting him down instead of being butthurt at the fans or media for asking who the starter is etc.

Last edited:
Never in CFB do I recall a scenario where the Preseason Heisman favorite is benched midseason and his replacement is now a 40-1 odd to win the Heisman in the same year. Watching Riley give coach speak butthurt answers in his interviews is funny too. Riley should be butthurt at Rattler for letting him down instead of being butthurt at the fans or media for asking who the starter is etc.
You think we could get Rattler in the portal? We could dye his fro burnt orange? That would be great at the pre-game carnival.

Reactions: 22LR and Belldozer1
No, that was simply Texas just choking the game away, poor officiating and flat out luck that OU won. There is no such thing as "Sooner magic", lol.
So you don't remember OU-Nebraska in '76? Or '80? Or '84? or '86? Course not; you were probably too young.

I'm not "too young", but I don't recall the details of those games. I don't follow OU football, lol.
mod...to your throwaway response about sooner magic. of course theres no such thing as "sooner" magic. theres no such thing as magic. there is however a killer instinct, sounds violent and very non-pc but there it is. what is killer instinct? it's what exists within certain sports programs at some schools that until the game is over the team is going to mudstomp the opponent OR end up with the win despite what deficit the scoreboard shows. ucla baskets with wooden, football under knute, baseball under stengel. sometimes that legacy becomes engrained and passed on. ou under wilkinson saw the "play like a champion" board first go up and then stay. so did the basis of a consistent winning tradition (with notable dips in the mid 60's and mid 90's). several logic-defying victories demanded explanation, and since humans must find a reason or explanation for any mystery then ou fans and barry came up with one...."sooner magic" and it stuck. presented correctly can have a positive impact on a beleaguered 4th qtr sideline..perhaps even a negative impact for the opposing team who lets that magic BS get in their head. my point is right now i would evaluate the sports psychology in austin.. not texas, not dallas, not houston.....AUSTIN. theres just too much negative going on and consistently that defies explanation. so whats the opposite of magic....a curse? thats just another voodoo explanation. what is real is the decade long slump the texas program is mired in, and shows no sign of departing. that despite TOP ranked recruits and PROVEN winning coaching staffs. texas has depth issues and that bears out in the late game slumps. but what about killer instinct...or magic? magic may be fairy dust but killer instinct is not. right now and for several years for some reason texas lacks both

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I'm not "too young", but I don't recall the details of those games. I don't follow OU football, lol.
Just four improbable come from behind wins that caused Switzer to coin the "Sooner Magic" phrase. Think it was after the '80 game. Nebraska higher ranked on all four games which were in Lincoln. In '84 OU may not have been behind but the most improbable win. Huskers No.1 I think (BYU won it in the end); OU ahead 10-7. Nebraska fourth a goal. At the one inch line. And Dr. Tom runs wide on fourth down. Big mistake.

Sooner guys, no one cares about your "sooner magic", nor these diatribes trying to get Longhorn fans to acknowledge it. Come on, man. Take this stuff to your Sooner board.

Ha. Fair enough. So question for you since I'm fascinated by the TX football program...

If you're Sark... do you consider going back to Card? Or do you stay with Thompson?

Ha. Fair enough. So question for you since I'm fascinated by the TX football program...

If you're Sark... do you consider going back to Card? Or do you stay with Thompson?

If it were me, I would play them both. Do Thompson about 2/3 of the time and Card 1/3. This will help to get card some playing time and experience and bring him along without the pressure of being the starter.

Sooner guys, no one cares about your "sooner magic", nor these diatribes trying to get Longhorn fans to acknowledge it. Come on, man. Take this stuff to your Sooner board.
From your post a few hours ago you said there was no such thing as "sooner magic". Just trying to pass along a little college football history. You know, things that go on football fan boards.

From your post a few hours ago you said there was no such thing as "sooner magic". Just trying to pass along a little college football history. You know, things that go on football fan boards.

If you guys want to call it that, lol. Other fans don't care though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT