ADVERTISEMENT

"I haven't seen anything like it" - Quinn Ewers on Ryan Wingo

Anwar Richardson

Staff
Apr 24, 2014
Quinn-Ewers-off-the-podium-SEC-Media-Days-2024.jpg

Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers addressed local media members before taking the podium during SEC Media Days.

I have reported how impressive Wingo has been throughout the offseason. On Wednesday, I asked Ewers for his thoughts on Wingo and Silas Bolden, and he praised both receivers.

" I can start with Wingo," Ewers said. "The maturity that he has at such a young age and his ability to understand what we want to do on the offensive side of the ball and his ability to go up and make plays, I haven't really seen anything like it. So, for him to come in the way that he has, I'm excited about what he's gonna do for this university.

"And then Silas, coming from Oregon State, I think he's going to be a huge contributor to our success for sure. I think he's going to do a great job. Whenever Coach (Steve Sarkisian) Sark ends up putting him, he's going to do awesome things. Surprisingly, he's a shorter guy, but he'll go catch those 50-50 balls, which was surprising to me, but it's always it's always good for me to see."

Kelvin Banks, Jahdae Barron, Sarkisian, and Ewers spoke at the local media session before addressing the entire group of reporters in Dallas. I will provide a detailed report in the War Room on Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News