I know it's getting old...another question?

worm052179

Dec 27, 2006
Please don't take this as an argument, this is just a question I would like a reasonable answer to. I keep hearing people talk about how Strong took a 8 win team and won 6 last year and 4 possibly 5 this year. Well, has anyone noticed how Junior/senior led that team was? We had Ash/Case at QB, 3 good RB behind a very experienced OL, 2 really good and established WR (Davis & Shipley). Defensively we had vets and young talents (Jeffcoat, Reed, Whaley, Edmond, Hicks, Byndon, A. Phillips, Diggs, & M. Thompson. Our young studs were Malcom Brown, Ridgeway, & Daje (offense). Now compare that to last years roster then look at this years roster. Huge difference.

Now when I look at the schedule we played in 2013, we didn't beat one good team except OU. All other teams we beat had losing records. This years schedules is light years tougher than that one.

I by no means feel Strong has made the greatest decisions possible to succeed but he is relatively new to the head coaching gig. I don't feel 6 years as a head coach makes you a guru by no stretch of the meaning but the hire was made and I really think he can turn it around by the experience he made with all the freshmen that played quality snaps.

I know this was long for nothing, and I'm sorry I rambled on but tell me...

What can this man do?

Reactions: rich0471 and Horn19

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.