ADVERTISEMENT

I swear to god...

Akina Matata

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
...I’m not making this post to bash or troll or poke fun. I’m seriously asking for help to understand. I am a self-admittied anti-trumper and tend to look at everything he does thru a biased lense but for the love of god...what the hell is this passage from his recent rally? I understand his base likes straight, simple talk rather than Ivy League prose but this has to be the most confusing, stroke symptom sequence of words ever put together by someone with so much power to influence our day-to-day lives.
I get the ‘president likes to troll his base’ theory (e.g. ‘Putin’s fine. He’s fine. We’re all fine’) but this is not trolling this is just gibberish. I also swear I would ask the same if Reagan, Bush, Obama, Lincoln, Jefferson or anyone else said the same thing.

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News