ADVERTISEMENT

I will give $10,000 and an autographed Earl & Ricky helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
To anyone that can show me on Hunter Biden's curriculum vitae where he was qualified to serve on the Board of directors for a Ukrainian natural gas company.

Being Joe Biden's son is not an acceptable answer. Neither is having a law degree from Yale. I don't care if he was hired on the Board to help with "best practices"--- and the job MBNA gave him out of college was only because they were a HUGE donor to daddy.

Any takers?

To anyone that can show me on Hunter Biden's curriculum vitae where he was qualified to serve on the Board of directors for a Ukrainian natural gas company.

Being Joe Biden's son is not an acceptable answer. Neither is having a law degree from Yale. I don't care if he was hired on the Board to help with "best practices"--- and the job MBNA gave him out of college was only because they were a HUGE donor to daddy.

Any takers?
His qualifications consisted of being social director and knowing how to line up the ladies in Kiev, the UAE, and Beijing for the parties.

Natural Gas Company? Come on Dems! Evil fossil fuels, the horror!

I will add a free covid test to the cash and helmet and a Trump pill to get rid of the covid.

Well, he said he was and everyone agreed! Now send me the damn helmet and the dough!

119556892-10220627400847357-7300339368778851365-n.jpg

Any takers?

All TRUE! Now let's see how this post would fare on facebook or twitter...

Reactions: horn wild
I think that there is a video of Hunter saying in an interview that his only qualification was Daddy Joe.

All TRUE! Now let's see how this post would fare on facebook or twitter...
I was hoping some of the 9.95ers would come down from their ivory tower and try to mansplain to me how he was---- but it appears nobody wants any part of this.

And that speaks volumes.

Any takers?

I assume you are a stakeholder in Burisma? Cause that's the only reason i can see why anyone would care about the qualifications of people they employ. I've worked with plenty of underqualified idiots. They probably thought having a person with a famous last name on their board would be helpful for them. Makes sense.

I assume you are a stakeholder in Burisma? Cause that's the only reason i can see why anyone would care about the qualifications of people they employ. I've worked with plenty of underqualified idiots. They probably thought having a person with a famous last name on their board would be helpful for them. Makes sense.
Hmm. Sooo he was brought on because his dad was Vice President of the US. My point exactly.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Hmm. Sooo he was brought on because his dad was Vice President of the US. My point exactly.
So funny we have to walk you in to this...why does this hypothesis intrigue you so much to the point of public display?

So funny we have to walk you in to this...why does this hypothesis intrigue you so much to the point of public display?
Because I've been pounded for the last four years about how I'm somehow privileged because I'm white---- though I played for my college education by playing a sport that is dominated by non-whites. Yet those same people seem to be giving a hall pass to a white person who was given everything in life simply because of who his white father was.

It's called "selective hypocrisy". And I'm fed up with it.

Because I've been pounded for the last four years about how I'm somehow privileged because I'm white---- though I played for my college education by playing a sport that is dominated by non-whites. Yet those same people seem to be giving a hall pass to a white person who was given everything in life simply because of who his white father was.

It's called "selective hypocrisy". And I'm fed up with it.
Okay, fair enough, that’s not where I thought you were going with this.

Last edited:
Speaking of hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy argument cuts both ways, Clob. Yes, we're all convinced :rolleyes: that GOP people really care about Burisma's board, and selective entitlement of privileged whites, and private emails (when Trump's family and administration keeps using private emails), and a couple deaths in a Libyan embassy, and abortion, and ...

I'll give all the things you promised, plus a billion dollars and a hearty handshake, to anyone who can show that the USA is performing anywhere in the top 25 against Coronavirus, compared to other wealthy nations, as long as there are 35 nations in your comparison, and it is a reasonably representative sample. Compare for rate of infection and deaths per capita.

We have 4.23% of the world's population, yet about 25% of the coronavirus cases. I thought Trump said it was under control, and would be gone by Easter! Then by the summer months, it would just POOF, disappear! He told Sean Hannity that we don't need 30,000 or 40,000 ventilators. That it was just a liberal hoax!

Well, liberal hoaxes--and it seems like right-wingers are the ones big on conspiracy theories, not the libs so much--don't kill more Americans than soldiers who died in the Civil War.

Unlike Burisma and emails and so many things that the supposedly pro-life GOP finds reason to rage against, Coronavirus is something that affects us all. If it hasn't hit your family yet, *as far as you know*, consider yourself fortunate. It 's probably hit your company, even if you work for a small-to-medium size employer like mine. It's hit your city or town. And you could catch it next time you shop, get gas, go to church, etc. And Trump has done p!$$ poor against it, and in a way, that was intentional on his part. What a shock that he got caught lying about it.

--From an independent evangelical

Last edited:
Speaking of hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy argument cuts both ways, Clob. Yes, we're all convinced :rolleyes: that GOP people really care about Burisma's board, and selective entitlement of privileged whites, and private emails (when Trump's family and administration keeps using private emails), and a couple deaths in a Libyan embassy, and abortion, and ...

I'll give all the things you promised, plus a billion dollars and a hearty handshake, to anyone who can show that the USA is performing anywhere in the top 25 against Coronavirus, compared to other wealthy nations, as long as there are 35 nations in your comparison, and it is a reasonably representative sample. Compare for rate of infection and deaths per capita.

We have 4.23% of the world's population, yet about 25% of the coronavirus cases. I thought Trump said it was under control, and would be gone by Easter! Then by the summer months, it would just POOF, disappear! He told Sean Hannity that we don't need 30,000 or 40,000 ventilators. That it was just a liberal hoax!

Well, liberal hoaxes--and it seems like right-wingers are the ones big on conspiracy theories, not the libs so much--don't kill more Americans than soldiers who died in the Civil War.

Unlike Burisma and emails and so many things that the supposedly pro-life GOP finds reason to rage against, Coronavirus is something that affects us all. If it hasn't hit your family yet, *as far as you know*, consider yourself fortunate. It 's probably hit your company, even if you work for a small-to-medium size employer like mine. It's hit your city or town. And you could catch it next time you shop, get gas, go to church, etc. And Trump has done p!$$ poor against it, and in a way, that was intentional on his part. What a shock that he got caught lying about it.

One of the problems I have with the mortality rate argument has to do with testing and reporting methodology. I believe many people die in other countries while having the virus during surgery, from injuries received in auto accidents, from terminal cancer, and other causes and their deaths are Not From Covid. Here on the other hand, those same folks would have been tested, the presence of the virus noted, and those same deaths would have been classified as From Covid, and inflating the mortality rateand in the US.

Just my 2 cents...

there is a difference between hypocracy and fraud. Corona had nothing to do with the OP message.....nothing.
Deflection is not a valid argument.

One of the problems I have with the mortality rate argument has to do with testing and reporting methodology. I believe many people die in other countries while having the virus during surgery, from injuries received in auto accidents, from terminal cancer, and other causes and their deaths are Not From Covid. Here on the other hand, those same folks would have been tested, the presence of the virus noted, and those same deaths would have been classified as From Covid, and inflating the mortality rateand in the US.

Just my 2 cents...
Your 2 cents are accurate. Mortality “from Covid” is inflated in this country. Financial reimbursements from the fed govt to health care systems based on Covid cases and deaths have everything to do with the overstated numbers.

I can name a lot of people who aren’t qualified for the job they are in. Including the current head coach or Texas football, and a couple White House advisors.
A lot of seats on corporate boards are given to people based on who they are not necessarily their qualifications. So weather he was qualified or not is largely irrelevant.

with that said this is such a non story. The government is paying the presidents daughter and son in law to “advise” him. I don’t think anyone would argue they are qualified and it certainly flies in the face of the spirit of federal nepotism laws

As far as the Biden’s regardless of the circumstances behind the selection was it smart for him to take the job? Yeah probably not. The reality is though he’s a grown ass man and Joe Biden can’t stop him from taking the job. Did he get the job because of who his dad is? Yeah he did, but so did a lot of people. The Republican controlled senate committee even issued a report and found no evidence of wrong doing, and if they found anything they could use they would of

I can name a lot of people who aren’t qualified for the job they are in. Including the current head coach or Texas football, and a couple White House advisors.
A lot of seats on corporate boards are given to people based on who they are not necessarily their qualifications. So weather he was qualified or not is largely irrelevant.

with that said this is such a non story. The government is paying the presidents daughter and son in law to “advise” him. I don’t think anyone would argue they are qualified and it certainly flies in the face of the spirit of federal nepotism laws

As far as the Biden’s regardless of the circumstances behind the selection was it smart for him to take the job? Yeah probably not. The reality is though he’s a grown ass man and Joe Biden can’t stop him from taking the job. Did he get the job because of who his dad is? Yeah he did, but so did a lot of people. The Republican controlled senate committee even issued a report and found no evidence of wrong doing, and if they found anything they could use they would of

OK, I can understand your comparison about relatives of elected officials benefitting from their position, although I do believe it's not accurate. Jared Kushner certainly demonstrates value to the President and the nation that pays him (the recent peace accords in the mid east come to mind). I have not seen anything of value that Hunter provided his employer other than "access" and topcover.

One final note. Which foreign governments will have leverage over elected officials as a result of the Presindent's relatives efforts?
(None come to mind).
Likewise which could have leverage over a Biden administration as a result of Hunters efforts? (Hint: Ukraine, China come to mind).

OK, I can understand your comparison about relatives of elected officials benefitting from their position, although I do believe it's not accurate. Jared Kushner certainly demonstrates value to the President and the nation that pays him (the recent peace accords in the mid east come to mind). I have not seen anything of value that Hunter provided his employer other than "access" and topcover.

One final note. Which foreign governments will have leverage over elected officials as a result of the Presindent's relatives efforts?
(None come to mind).
Likewise which could have leverage over a Biden administration as a result of Hunters efforts? (Hint: Ukraine, China come to mind).
Weather he has value is irrelevant. Point is he is only in that position because of who he is married to. If Trump wasn’t president he wouldn’t be working in the White House. That’s my point. There are a lot of people in this world who are in their positions because of who they know or who they are related to. Many of them may be quite good at their job. Doesn’t change that who they knew gave them a leg up on getting in the door. I’m not necessarily knocking that either. We’ve all probably used a connection to get a job

One could argue though that Kushner is making a sacrifice by serving as a senior advisor. I have little doubt that he could make significantly more money back in his "real" job in NYC. Hunter not so much.

One could argue though that Kushner is making a sacrifice by serving as a senior advisor. I have little doubt that he could make significantly more money back in his "real" job in NYC. Hunter not so much.
He never stopped making money. The Trumps(kushner included) are still making plenty of money outside the whitehouse. Even the most hardcore trump supporter has to see that.

Speaking of hypocrisy.

So you are giving a pass to the democratic governors of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut for the horrible COVID death tolls in their states and blaming Trump? World and US Health experts have had no clue how to stop the transmission of COVID and somehow Trump needed to do something different. I call bu!!shit. California has locked down the whole state for the last 6 months versus Texas being more open and they have a similar number of cases and deaths. The US case mortality rate is low compared to most of the rest of the world. Saying that Biden would have reduced the number of total fatalities given the same info at the same time is a load of crap.

I do not believe that China would ever tell us their true numbers of dead they have. If you believe they would, we have a fundamental disagreement that I don't think can be bridged.

If you think that Europe and Asia and South America and Africa are testing as vigorously per capita as we are-- I'm sorry but you're incorrect. If you look at continental testing-- not nation testing-- not province testing--- we Americans are testing more than anyone. And we are reporting more than anyone because there are federal funds given to any hospital that reports a covid death. It's a money grab. Can't be disputed.

Bad for old people.
Bad for the sick.
Bad for the weak.
Darwinism and science do exist.

You see, there's two parts of science.

There's the part that says that the earth is warming and fossil fuels and humans contribute to that.

And then there's long term science. That science says that the earth cycles and has cycled for 4 billion years. And though man be affecting the climate on a short term basis-- over a longer term basis of 10,000 to 25,000 years-- what we do doesn't won't mean shit. Mother earth will invade us with ice cubes and destroy everything we have built.

And of course there's the sun expanding into a red giant in about 900 million years that will melt our planet. So we are all ash anyway.

So how far do we follow the "science"?

Do we follow it for 8 months? Covid
Do we follow it for 30 years? Global warming
Do well follow it for 10,000 years? Ice age
Do we follow it for 900 million years? Sun exploding
Or do we follow it for the X Factor. You know-- where a meteor or Sun spots or solar rays kill all of us but 1% and those people eventually die bringing an era of the insects to the planet. Fish failed. Reptiles failed. Quap-pedal animals failed. But we bi-pedal won't?

If we are going to have a discussion about science, then we must carry science, all science, out to its end.

Darwinism.

Speaking of hypocrisy.

You know what they say:

Figures lie and Liar figure.

Liberals keep running that BS about 4% of the population, and 25% of the cases.

There are 14 countries in the world with populations over 100M. They have a combined population approximately 5B people. Only 1 of those countries has test more people than the US and if you believe the numbers reported by China, I have a bridge I want to sell you. The US has tested 125M or 38% of their population. There is only 1 other country in the top 14 that has tested over 12% and 9 of them have tested less than 5.

7% of the 125M people tested in the US have been positive. 9 of the top 14 countries have a higher ratio of tests to positives to include:

Egypt 78%
Mexico 39%
Brazil 29%
Bangladesh 18%
Nigeria 11%

If you were to extrapolate the data for the top 14, 6 of them would have more cases than the US.

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
You know what they say:

Figures lie and Liar figure.

Liberals keep running that BS about 4% of the population, and 25% of the cases.

There are 14 countries in the world with populations over 100M. They have a combined population approximately 5B people. Only 1 of those countries has test more people than the US and if you believe the numbers reported by China, I have a bridge I want to sell you. The US has tested 125M or 38% of their population. There is only 1 other country in the top 14 that has tested over 12% and 9 of them have tested less than 5.

7% of the 125M people tested in the US have been positive. 9 of the top 14 countries have a higher ratio of tests to positives to include:

Egypt 78%
Mexico 39%
Brazil 29%
Bangladesh 18%
Nigeria 11%

If you were to extrapolate the data for the top 14, 6 of them would have more cases than the US.
You think the figures from Florida are any better? Plenty of states are lying about how many Covid cases and Covid deaths there are. Every city or town, state or province, and nation has a

Covid cases are underreported, since many of us are asymptomatic, and so many don't seek medical attention.

Covid deaths are underreported for the same reason, plus cause of death can be complicated. Even when Covid is the cause of death, or played a major role, it often doesn't get reported that way. Or so I've read by reputable sources.

You think the figures from Florida are any better? Plenty of states are lying about how many Covid cases and Covid deaths there are. Every city or town, state or province, and nation has a

Covid cases are underreported, since many of us are asymptomatic, and so many don't seek medical attention.

Covid deaths are underreported for the same reason, plus cause of death can be complicated. Even when Covid is the cause of death, or played a major role, it often doesn't get reported that way. Or so I've read by reputable sources.

Link?

So you are giving a pass to the democratic governors of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut for the horrible COVID death tolls in their states and blaming Trump? World and US Health experts have had no clue how to stop the transmission of COVID and somehow Trump needed to do something different. I call bu!!shit. California has locked down the whole state for the last 6 months versus Texas being more open and they have a similar number of cases and deaths. The US case mortality rate is low compared to most of the rest of the world. Saying that Biden would have reduced the number of total fatalities given the same info at the same time is a load of crap.
You seem to have selective memory. You've forgotten everything Trump did to sabotage the USA effort to fight Covid. He dismantled Obama's pandemics team in China, prior to the disease. He brought Americans in China home (on a single jet, I believe), which likely spread the disease in the USA. He poo-pooed it for MONTHS, in every way possible, including ridiculing the use of masks or the need to shut anything down. He spread rumors of various "cures" (including ones he didn't use when he caught it himself--no surprise). He even suggested, without hint of sarcasm, that people inject bleach (and some Trump supporters did).

I could go on.

This disease is FAR worse due to Trump being in the Oval Office. Far, far worse. You're kidding yourself if you can't see that.

Ditto for the Republican governor of Florida, and possibly other Republican governors, although just being Republican governor of a state that has a "bad case of Covid" doesn't make you culpable in my eyes, as being Democrat governor seems to, in yours and Longhorn MM's. Specious thinking.

I've voted for Republican governor candidates several times, and ditto for POTUS (George HW, twice, Bob Dole, Dubya twice, and John McCain). You can't exactly pin me as a liberal. I'm trying to call them like I see them. I suspect most of those reacting to my post are partisans, having only ever voted for Republicans, or close to it.

Do I think that Florida's numbers are more accurate than China's? Yes

China is the most heavily populated country in the world and a majority of their work force lives in abject poverty. And although China is the epicenter of Covid-19, they have only had 86K cases out of 160M test.

Bullshite

Based on your assertion, we are underreporting our cases to downplay the impact of Covid-19. Yet in you earlier post, you stated that the US makes up 4% of the population and has 25% of the cases.

Man we suck at underreporting Covid-19 cases.

My assertion is that we have test 20 - 40 more times the people. Of course, we have more reported cases.

Don't get me started on how much lower our mortality rate is than countries with nationalized healthcare.

Reactions: Lampasas
He brought Americans in China home (on a single jet, I believe),

Lol, I guess we should have left our citizens there? Did you see what the Chinese did to all foreigners there? Every foreigner in China was denied medical supplies and masks. The fact they came to America and were immediately put in quarantine was a huge factor in slowing down the disease.

He poo-pooed it for MONTHS, in every way possible, including ridiculing the use of masks or the need to shut anything down.

Well according to your precious WHO, the shutdown was the wrong thing to do. It's a virus, masks don't help stop a virus. It's an organism the size of a germ to a germ. It's like saying a chain link fence can stop mosquitos.

This is not an airborne virus, effective to stopping the virus is social distancing and washing your hands often.

Here is an interesting statistic, pneumonia has killed more people this year under 24 than Covid has. Yet we have shut down schools, again, I ask why?

Don't get me started on how much lower our mortality rate is than countries with nationalized healthcare.
This is the one thing that has helped Americans, and keeps our deaths per capita from blowing up. Our healthcare system, including so many dedicated professionals who have learned from being on the front lines how to fight this virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT