ADVERTISEMENT

If I Was Coach

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
At a University like Tech Kansas ...etc I would hire a Coach like Armys and put the bone back in, I would hure 14 recruiters to recruit every Jr College in the US and find me a 300lb line and some big fast backs and some Tall assWR and a Jumbo TE and some switch off fast little guys like Strolres and a QB like Sam and a 300 lb defense line with some fast ass LB and fast moving 6 ft5 or 6 ft DFB nad saftety

I wouldn't give a shit how much we won the 1st yr, I would just train and clockwork them to play the Wishbone and then the second yr I would win the Big 12 and maybe play for the big one, But, I would cut threw the Big 12 like butter, teach my D to stop that Spread offense to nothing course the other team wouldn't get the ball much as I would eating it up like Royal did...in days of Big Yards yds rushing and such...just eat that clock

Army has taught me this yr that it can't be stopped if ya got the right reads and people, I have watched them for yrs, but, this yr after the OU Game, OU was very lucky, hell if Army woulda beat them then the midget would have lost points..who knows

But, Looks like Ole Herman will have to get us there!

I watched Army too,teams do not see that offense much and recruit players to stop the spread not the army offense.OU defense was a poor group this past year.I like it but it needs a good dual QB to run it.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
FB I love the option offense as much as anyone but athletes have changed. The option would work when you had linebackers that ran a 4.9 and defensive lineman that ran a 5.2.

Now you have 285lbs defensive ends running a 4.5 and linebackers that run a 4.4.

There's too much speed on defense to run the option effectively. Sure, you could run it against rice or Tulane or whomever, but the Bama or Clemson D would eat your freaking breakfast. Just too much of a size and speed difference than even 3 decades ago.

FB I love the option offense as much as anyone but athletes have changed. The option would work when you had linebackers that ran a 4.9 and defensive lineman that ran a 5.2.

Now you have 285lbs defensive ends running a 4.5 and linebackers that run a 4.4.

There's too much speed on defense to run the option effectively. Sure, you could run it against rice or Tulane or whomever, but the Bama or Clemson D would eat your freaking breakfast. Just too much of a size and speed difference than even 3 decades ago.

OU couldn't shut it down, they just got lucky in OT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT