ADVERTISEMENT

I'm ready for this season to be over

The fun's just beginning. Now it's time to spoil some records and ruin the Big12 chance's at a playoff spot. Baylor, TCU, I'm talking to you. Then, when the time is right, blow up the conference.

Hook 'em

I do think Texas is getting better but just like the cal defense made Texas's offense look much improved the okie state offense did the same for your defense. You'll know more about your defense after next week.

Maybe, but leading up to this game all we heard was how great the OSU passing game was, and Texas did very well at shutting the down in the 2nd half.

Maybe, but leading up to this game all we heard was how great the OSU passing game was, and Texas did very well at shutting the down in the 2nd half.

Texas does deserve credit for that. I just don't know how the OSU passing game became so revered because that QB is terrible.

We really won't know more about OSU until they play a few more conference games as their non-conference games were terrible. That's when we will find out about their passing game.

JoeAg, a&m has fair weather fans, just like any school does. aggys boo and leave early when things aren't going their way. a&m fans are no better or different than any other fan base.
This. I wish the Aggie network would show the 1980 Baylor/A&M game at Kyle Field. During the driving rain storm, with Baylor delivering a 46-7 beat down, in the 2nd half there was no 12th man. Seriously - there weren't 12 Aggie fans in the stands. If the Aggies would admit they are just another big state school, they might be tolerable.

There were LOTS of empty seats during the Fran and Sherm years and aggy fans left early in droves during some of the blowout home losses they got. I, like other football fans, have heard aggy fans booing, just like all fan bases do from time to time. The self anointed, "best fans in America", need to be honest with themselves. They are no better than any other fan base.

Reactions: Scholz
the bad thing for me is these loses just do not bother me much anymore. I think the last few years have just made me numb and we have lost so many games that I have lost my passion for this team but I am still a horn...no matter how bad it gets.
i feel you,but they still bother the hell out of me.

So if Chip Kelly is fired in Philly do we go after him?

I think Chip takes a year off and sort things out and then finds the right landing spot. If nothing changes with Texas you can be sure one of our big money men will reach out to him and let him know the situation if he doesn't already.

As pissed as I am at Strong, I'm still pretty sure he gets another year beyond this year (not sure at this point he deserves it). It is the right thing to do. The only way he doesn't is if the AD gets the message from the players of a lack of confidence. I highly doubt that will happen.

Wasatch, seriously, how doesn't Strong deserve it. You said yourself you love this freshman class he brought in. Aren't you curious to see what happens when he brings in another one just like it? Then another after that? When these badass youngsters become the veteran team leaders? When an experienced, veteran Heard is running the show, with Kai, Shane, and Sam backing him up?

Almost everybody said, and I'm pretty sure you did too, coming into this season, that the record didn't matter. That we just needed to see improvement, and see this team compete and not give up. We just lost two games by a combined 4 whole points, even with our own blunders and horribly one sided officiating. Guess what, they refuse to quit, are competing, and have improved. All these freshmen that are playing now, and then some, will take over and be even better next season. They will be veteran leaders, as sophomores. They're going to be hell to deal with.

Wasatch, seriously, how doesn't Strong deserve it. You said yourself you love this freshman class he brought in. Aren't you curious to see what happens when he brings in another one just like it? Then another after that? When these badass youngsters become the veteran team leaders? When an experienced, veteran Heard is running the show, with Kai, Shane, and Sam backing him up?

Almost everybody said, and I'm pretty sure you did too, coming into this season, that the record didn't matter. That we just needed to see improvement, and see this team compete and not give up. We just lost two games by a combined 4 whole points, even with our own blunders and horribly one sided officiating. Guess what, they refuse to quit, are competing, and have improved. All these freshmen that are playing now, and then some, will take over and be even better next season. They will be veteran leaders, as sophomores. They're going to be hell to deal with.

My personal feelings aside.

Strong will get at lease one more season. The only way he doesn't is if the team and the AD get together and they tell the AD they have lost confidence in him.

As a recruiter, I could not be happier with the job he is doing. As a developer I could not be happier with the job he is doing. As a molder of character, I could not be happier with the job he is doing. As the face of the football program I could not be happier with the job he is doing.

But he is a terrible game day coach. He has no clue about the offense, I could live with that except he is also terrible at picking a staff. I expect us to lose 1 to 3 more staff members at the end of this year after replacing two members of his original staff from last year. He held over one guy from the previous staff (Chambers), and that guy was probably the worst of the bunch.
He is not a coach that pays attention to details and thus you see so many mistakes on game day like screwing up a coin toss. The worst thing to me is out of every game he has coached at Texas, we have only managed to score in the 3rd quarter in one game. ONE GAME! That tells me that when other coaching staffs are doing half time adjustments he isn't. Or if he is, they don't work.

Granted, I don't think our AD has done very well in supporting him. I blame the AD for the whole Wickline BS, the University should be covering the legal costs of wickline as well as the cost of his buyout. We hired him as the offensive line coach not the OC, it's dishonest to try and hide it.

Charlie Strong will eventually put a good product on the field, I have no doubt of this. Charlie Strong will never win a national title. He will bring us back to prominence we will win some games and even a few conference titles but when it comes to getting us over the hump, he just isn't going to do it. He is a terrible game day coach, and you can't be that way when you are facing a team with equal talent.

I hate to admit it, because it pissed me off when he said it, but I think Red was right. Charlie Strong would be a hell of a DC hire but he was a terrible HC hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT