ADVERTISEMENT

I'm ready for this season to be over

TX in WA, as a former letterman, we are always asked by our athletic director for our opinions, sometimes publicly but mostly privately. This was not the case under the brief tenure of jet pack patterson. Now that there is a former letterman in the interim position, I can tell you first hand that emails have already been sent out from his office to a number of us that has stepped back from the program due to our disagreement with many jet pack patterson's choices. I agree, we should not bash our kids. Sometimes pointing out mistakes can be blown up into more than just constructive criticism. But for you to think that the pulse of the general public isn't somewhat taken into consideration, you're mistaken. The pecking order usually goes

Big donors
Former players
Other donors
Fans

Many times the big donors rely on opinions of former players for their insight. I can attest to that first hand on at least two of our billionaire backers.

F the Big 12. I hate all those joker schools that can't pull their own weight, I'm sick of Texas carrying your asses, even you Oklahoma.

Texas needs to dump the LHN and move to the Big 10. At lease we will be in a conference with schools that are worth watching.

Your not caring OU and UT is stuck in the Big 12 until you get rid of the LHN. I think with this Baylor crap OU might be gone pretty soon

Okay clob. What has to change rapidly? The only rapid change is to have Vince Young and his team come back and win. And NOW. Our fans want NOW. We haven't won crap since DKR and that was in the 70s. And we had a taste of it in 2006 and with Colt. That Rose Bowl sucked for me because it was on my 40th birthday. But, we all bitch and now we want perfection. I am confident we can get there. Don't know when, but we can. I am just tired of the t-shirt fans.

I am in the process of moving and what did I do today? I stopped, despite my wife's objection, and watched the game to the end. To the end. I support my Longhorns. And I made sure I had LHN on my new cable channel carrie. Not for football, but for the Longhorns.

I am tired of these t-shirt fans on this site calling for coaches heads after a loss, then praising them for a win. And I assure you and those on this site, if we had won last week, and this week, Son of Wasatch would not be calling for the coaches head. It's social media. And that is where we live now.

Glad you are a letterman. Proud of you.

F the Big 12. I hate all those joker schools that can't pull their own weight, I'm sick of Texas carrying your asses, even you Oklahoma.

Texas needs to dump the LHN and move to the Big 10. At lease we will be in a conference with schools that are worth watching.

Your are a well known member and an idiot at the same time. Double bonus for you.

Reactions: blh111
What's with all the new posters coming out of the woods after this loss? I guess there was something special I missed. Honestly, I didn't think we'd even be within 2 scores by the 3rd quarter so for it to come down to the last few seconds and get choked away by yet another errant special teams fiasco is better than I had thought.

I don't think there would be such an uproar if we had been blown out. These choke jobs are a hard pill to swallow and no matter how difficult it is to watch, I truly feel this program is going to light it up with a few more tweaks to the staff and another class. We've been in a nasty retooling cycle since the loss to Alabama and as far as I'm concerned this is the season we should have had immediately after Colt left.

Keep strong and let everyone get their jabs in one last year because they're gonna hate us worse once we rocket back up where this program belongs. It isn't a new conference we need, it's consistency at key positions with a little time to mature. Trust me, we'd suck the same in any conference right now.

TX in WA, as a former letterman, we are always asked by our athletic director for our opinions, sometimes publicly but mostly privately. This was not the case under the brief tenure of jet pack patterson. Now that there is a former letterman in the interim position, I can tell you first hand that emails have already been sent out from his office to a number of us that has stepped back from the program due to our disagreement with many jet pack patterson's choices. I agree, we should not bash our kids. Sometimes pointing out mistakes can be blown up into more than just constructive criticism. But for you to think that the pulse of the general public isn't somewhat taken into consideration, you're mistaken. The pecking order usually goes

Big donors
Former players
Other donors
Fans

Many times the big donors rely on opinions of former players for their insight. I can attest to that first hand on at least two of our billionaire backers.
Are you saying that the interim AD reached out to you personally?

Your are a well known member and an idiot at the same time. Double bonus for you.

LOL, I live in reality, and Charlie Strong is not good enough to run this program, but you can talk about giving him time, I guarantee it will be wasted time.

Charlie strong doesn't know offense for shit, and he has no idea what he is doing when it comes to game management.

I've been following this team since 1977, I didn't go to Texas but that has nothing to do with this football team as most of my family did go to Texas. And the members of my family that did go feel exactly as I do, as do lots and lots of other current and former students.

I'm sure deep down you think because you graduated from Texas that it makes your opinion more valid, but the truth is your the moron.

As a guy that actually played the game in college and is friends with a few former players myself, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of this game. Charlie Strong sucks at some very important aspects of this game. But hey, when the ax does fall, I'm sure you will be here telling us how it was a long time coming.

Reactions: CFB09
Are you saying that the interim AD reached out to you personally?
There is a former player advisory committee that players are elected to. I've been fortunate enough to serve on it. The new AD served on it. Whom do you think he sent emails to after he assumed the position? Big boosters and former players.

There is a former player advisory committee that players are elected to. I've been fortunate enough to serve on it. The new AD served on it. Whom do you think he sent emails to after he assumed the position? Big boosters and former players.

Clob don't put yourself to their level

We had swoopes at qb last year and won more games.....
Yeah we did but we had Big Brown on the Dline, Hicks, Diggs, Brown at rb and others. We lost our core group and now we are running with the youngsters. You guys act like we were going to win the conference. Everyone has step up in the Big 12 except Kansas and Isu so it's expected to struggle but don't talk about last year and saying we were better. We actually were better because of the veteran players we had and now we don't. I'm looking towards the future and not so much on this season as most of you are. I would love for them to win but that's very hard for a young team. Not trying to sound all aggy but wait til next year. Everyone still needs to support this team still and if you don't then you are not a true Longhorn fan. I will support them to the END...

Clob how long were you on the team? Wasn't it thru your redshirt freshman year in 94? Or am I misremembering that?

Some of you guys are unbelievable.

You know, Texas has so far played 3 pretty damn good teams this year - and has outplayed 2 of them. So today we get some inexplicably flag-happy and shady officiating crew, defense comes up huge, but receivers have a bit of an off day with their BRAND NEW OC and BRAND NEW QB. And even after all that, it's a downright criminal defensive holding call that decides the game.

Reboot #2 is a helluva lot better than reboot #1 and I for one think its going to be the one that sticks. It's an understatement to say we're seeing improvement every week. These close f'd up heartbreakers are about to start going into the W column.

I'm not giving up on a damn thing - this is the right coach and the right staff, and they're doing the right things. Keep your panties on and quit being so embarrassed. PATIENCE.

Well said...too many chump fans around here.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
First time I've posted in years. I did not attend UT (was accepted in 1994 but life took me elsewhere) but have been a fan since birth. I think public forums are good for donor/player/alum/student/fan opinion. I certainly value all opinions as it has provided perspective from various POVs. I will not pretend I am a football guru and know the Xs/0s of coaching but I do feel I have a grasp on the mental side of things.

I believe in CS. He has made some coaching errors, but so did MB. Coaching errors are covered up by talent most of time. How many errors by coaches are made in games every Saturday that go unnoticed by fans bc of the talent on the field makes up for it??? I sat watching the game several times saying what both teams were about to run and then they did...does that make me qualified to be HC at UT. No. I have the benefit of sitting on my coach listening to announcers review/replay/evaluate each play...it's called hindsight bias.

This last two weeks flat out suck. I think ND was a wake up call/reality check for the team. They handled it well or best as can be. But the last two weeks are tough to watch. There were many variables that led to a loss. What I do feel is we now have guys on this team that will only use this as motivation. It will make them hungrier. I watched a team continue to grow up yesterday. Some of you will only see a loss, but I see something more. I saw fight, something I haven't seen in a long time. Most of these Fr haven't tasted defeat. That taste sucks and I believe those young guns are going to tolerate it much longer. They may only win another 3-4 games this year but you won't see them lay down. It reminds me a lot of the 03/04 team. They got beat too, but they remembered. These guys are remembering. The attitude is there....they just need some collegiate experience and a few bounces to go their way.

I could go on for hours but will spare you and my family...they are ready to out for the day. Be patient...good things are coming. I will be the first to say we beat TCU. Just have a feeling on this one. I think this team will correct some of the mistakes from yesterday, but will be pissed watching game film and seeing how well they sans refs.

And for us to get the hell out of the Big 12.

**** Kansas, KSU Tech baylor, TCU, OSU, ISU and WVU.

I officially want out of this bitch and into a real conference.
I don't blame you. In another thread I dubbed the B12 as a "flag football conference". I didn't coin the phrase actually, I heard Jeff Ward say it on his radio program.

TCU 55 Texas Tech 52 is flag football.

It's funny watching gameday on lhn yesterday and everyone picked ou to win the big 12 expect Vince he actually picked us to win. And he kept saying what time is it but wouldn't let him say it on the air. Vince at least has faith in us. Just didn't expect us to lose like that yesterday.....the world keeps shitting on us.....hard lessons are being learned.

Bunch of hypocrites on this thread. Period. I can't stand Longhorn fans that only support the Horns when they are winning, or the LHN, or anything Longhorns. You don't bleed orange. You are just like aggys, finding a way to blame losing on something or someone. This was a tough loss as was last week. I don't even expect us to be in a bowl this year. But I do think with this YOUNG team we are headed in the right direction. If Strong doesn't work out, Texas will make the decision to move on. But now is not the time to bail on these kids.

I spent 8 years getting two degrees from this University, and I am not a Longhorn fan just because we do or do not win a football/basketball game.

I am proud of my University, win or lose.
This is where you are wrong. Aggies are unflinchingly proud of our university win lose or draw. You are more like us if you feel this way. A lot of Texas fans are fans solely based on sports.

JoeAg, a&m has fair weather fans, just like any school does. aggys boo and leave early when things aren't going their way. a&m fans are no better or different than any other fan base.

JoeAg, a&m has fair weather fans, just like any school does. aggys boo and leave early when things aren't going their way. a&m fans are no better or different than any other fan base.
I agree with what you say, I just think that our love for our university is more rabid than most, regardless of the outcome of the game. I think that (sometimes irrational) pride is one the things that bothers some people. You are right though that we have our share of classless and fair weather fans just like everyone.

I know from an aggy student source that while she was working in an aggy concession stand at Kyle stadium, they ran out of pretzels. The working students were yelled at and demeaned by some of their grey haired maroon fans. Fair-weathered in caring about their own....

I like what I saw on Saturday from Texas. We improved from the week before & nearly beat a top 25 team. I have faith in our team to continue to improve & win more than we expect.

I get being fried about the lousy officiating but what is all the Down with the Big 12 stuff about? Fans get upset every year about bad refs. UT Passed on the Pac 12 a few years ago; can't believe Horns would want to join the Aggies in the SEC so what is the alternative? Being independent? Guess BYU hasn't done too bad but not the easy way to getting in the Final Four.

1-3 really brings out the best in Horn fans. Hang in there fella.

I do think Texas is getting better but just like the cal defense made Texas's offense look much improved the okie state offense did the same for your defense. You'll know more about your defense after next week.

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT