ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Texas Football factoid

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Going back to 1989 with the heisman winner Andre Ware, of the last 30 heisman winners, Ricky being on our roster of course, Texas has faced 15 teams with a Heisman winner or eventual Heisman winner, on their roster. I'm counting 2005 Reggie Bush of course even though he had to return his.

Fact for the day that could win you free beers every now and then.

I'm going to take a guess...

Andre Ware
Eric Crouch
Jason White
Matt Leinart
Reggie Bush
Sam Bradford
Troy Smith (maybe? tOSU QB)
RGIII
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Mark Ingram

Those I'm for sure about

Maybe list...(not even sure if all these guys won the Heisman)

Kordell Stewart
Gino Torreta
Gino Smith

Going back to 1989 with the heisman winner Andre Ware, of the last 30 heisman winners, Ricky being on our roster of course, Texas has faced 15 teams with a Heisman winner or eventual Heisman winner, on their roster. I'm counting 2005 Reggie Bush of course even though he had to return his.

Fact for the day that could win you free beers every now and then.
Does that list include the 2019 Sooners since there’s a good chance Hurts wraps it up in the next couple weeks. How about the 2018 Sooners ? You played them twice, that ought to count for something. Going forward you’ve got a couple more to look forward to with Rattler being unleashed starting next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Is that list include the 2019 Sooners since there’s a good chance wraps it up in the next couple weeks. How about the 2018 Sooners ? You played them twice, that ought to count for something. Going forward you’ve got a couple more to look forward to with Rattler being unleashed starting next year.

Tired of hearing about Rattler! F Him!

Rattler!....no sure thing in sports. The biggest favorite in Derby history was Devil's Bag....a shoe in for the triple Crown. Turns out he had a short tank and finished dead last in the Derby and was never heard from again.....and never forget our own Bill Bradley....He was so certain of getting a Heisman that he made the cover of SI before ever playing a game.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I'm going to take a guess...

Andre Ware
Eric Crouch
Jason White
Matt Leinart
Reggie Bush
Sam Bradford
Troy Smith (maybe? tOSU QB)
RGIII
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Mark Ingram

Those I'm for sure about

Maybe list...(not even sure if all these guys won the Heisman)

Kordell Stewart
Gino Torreta
Gino Smith
Gino was on the roster in the cotton Bowl of 1990. Johnny manziel was on aggy roster in 2011. Marcus Marriotta was in the Alamo Bowl. And rashaam salaam for Colorado.

Also, how many current NFL QB’s have we faced since winning the championship...

Mariota
Goff
Darnold
Mayfield
Murray
Rudolph

Thats off the top of my head this early in the morning without coffee but there may be others not playing, benched, or backups. Maybe other CFB teams are in the same boat but I don’t follow them to know...

Rattler!....no sure thing in sports. The biggest favorite in Derby history was Devil's Bag....a shoe in for the triple Crown. Turns out he had a short tank and finished dead last in the Derby and was never heard from again.....and never forget our own Bill Bradley....He was so certain of getting a Heisman that he made the cover of SI before ever playing a game.
Yeah but Devil’s Bag did have some notable racres and wins, including breaking some track records including winning the Belmont by 6 lengths, breaking Seattle Slews record

Does that list include the 2019 Sooners since there’s a good chance Hurts wraps it up in the next couple weeks. How about the 2018 Sooners ? You played them twice, that ought to count for something. Going forward you’ve got a couple more to look forward to with Rattler being unleashed starting next year.
I think people are catching onto "systems" vs "player" in determining this year's Heisman. Spanker not doing well and Kyler is pretty average considering he has a pass friendly air raid coach in Ryan Gosling. Hurts's 5 yard outs then watching CeeDee take it the length of the field over and over again should be taken into consideration. I mean yes, give him credit of course, but, good grief, he gets to add 70 yards to his passing plus a TD pass to the stat sheet and CeeDee is the one breaking tackles and making moves to the pay dirt. However, if it is window dressing and no substance that the voters want, then by all means, Hurts may win it.

Last edited:
Reactions: weevilcatch
Also, how many current NFL QB’s have we faced since winning the championship...

Mariota
Goff
Darnold
Mayfield
Murray
Rudolph

Thats off the top of my head this early in the morning without coffee but there may be others not playing, benched, or backups. Maybe other CFB teams are in the same boat but I don’t follow them to know...

Mahomes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT