Interesting times ahead

oldhorn2

Jan 2, 2013
I saw a story on CNBC that said cable was dying. They said streaming is also headed that way. They are bumping against the willingness of the consumer to pay ever increasing prices.

The day of ever increasing payments for rights to sports is about over....

In the days of limited TV appearances, the Horns having a winning season was a guarantee of an extra TV appearance in a bowl game.

I saw a story on CNBC that said cable was dying. They said streaming is also headed that way. They are bumping against the willingness of the consumer to pay ever increasing prices.

The day of ever increasing payments for rights to sports is about over....
Doooode, it's only the olds paying for cable. The younger people quit years ago or never started. Please keep paying, I like free tv.

Last edited:
Doode....you missed the whole point. This has nothing to do with you getting free tv.... Scratch that....it has everything to do with you getting free tv....THAT is the point. TV revenue is drying up and all these super contracts these stars are getting (both sports and actors) are going to bankrupt their organizations when the revenue tap runs dry.

Doode....you missed the whole point. This has nothing to do with you getting free tv.... Scratch that....it has everything to do with you getting free tv....THAT is the point. TV revenue is drying up and all these super contracts these stars are getting (both sports and actors) are going to bankrupt their organizations when the revenue tap runs dry.
So much this.