ADVERTISEMENT

Is Charlie over his head?

BigHookem

Dec 7, 2003
It is getting worse - not better. We are absolutely not prepared and we are TEXAS. We deserve a better product on the field than what has been seen during his tenure. He needs to show us something soon or UT just needs to understand it made a hiring error. I feel like this may be our John Blake era. I am disgusted at seeing such poor quality on the field. We literally look like the scrub scout team out there right now.

Reactions: longhornbill224
Right now there are a lot of people in over their head, starting with Patterson, He needs to give some of that money back, the product is not worth the price of admission.

Charlie is not doing his job because he is not keeping his staff accountable for the level of play.

The two biggest in this are Watson and Wickline. If things don't improve bigtime, then both them need to go. Especially Wickline, for all his BS, his line has blocked a soul in 2 seasons. And officially now it is his fault.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Guys, you are going to rip me for this but so be it. Yes, I agree that Strong wasn't the right hire. I said it back when you hired him, but your biggest problem is where you are. You guys have GOT to get out of that conference. You have got to generate some excitement with your program. Even if you went through the conference and dominated, there would be a certain criticism of whether or not Texas deserved to be where they are. Once Texas leaves for greener pastures there will be a surge in your program like you have never had. I know you don't agree but guys would you want to play with the likes of Kansas, Iowa St, Kansas St, Tech, West Virginia, Ok St, and even the Baylor's of the world? Those teams don't draw interest no matter how good they are. You guys joining the Big 10 or Pac 12 would be HUGE for you. That is what you need IMO.

Guys, you are going to rip me for this but so be it. Yes, I agree that Strong wasn't the right hire. I said it back when you hired him, but your biggest problem is where you are. You guys have GOT to get out of that conference. You have got to generate some excitement with your program. Even if you went through the conference and dominated, there would be a certain criticism of whether or not Texas deserved to be where they are. Once Texas leaves for greener pastures there will be a surge in your program like you have never had. I know you don't agree but guys would you want to play with the likes of Kansas, Iowa St, Kansas St, Tech, West Virginia, Ok St, and even the Baylor's of the world? Those teams don't draw interest no matter how good they are. You guys joining the Big 10 or Pac 12 would be HUGE for you. That is what you need IMO.

We aren't ready for a better conference. Did you not see any of our game?

Yes, BIGTIME! He looked like he didn'tknow what to do several times in that game last night, and the play reflected it. It looked to me the players mailed it in the last quarter. You guys need a sunshine pumper on a Mack truck to get past that nightmare.

You cannot read too much into lid lifters.
Charlie S. will get it done.

KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Reactions: hornfaninbama
It is getting worse - not better. We are absolutely not prepared and we are TEXAS. We deserve a better product on the field than what has been seen during his tenure. He needs to show us something soon or UT just needs to understand it made a hiring error. I feel like this may be our John Blake era. I am disgusted at seeing such poor quality on the field. We literally look like the scrub scout team out there right now.
That "we are Texas" entitlement mentality is part and parcel of the problem....we are seeing what we deserve

As of now, I think hiring CCS was a mistake. The reason I say this is because a coach doesn't go from a decent mid-major to a blue-blood. CCS should have gone somewhere like maybe N.C. State for a few years, competed for the ACC title and then come to Texas.

It's too early to know. Christ I'm going to have to ignore a lot stupidity around here. If this team turns it around next year, LIKE IT SHOULD IN YEAR 3 of a major rebuilding job, a whole lotta you mother f*clers better cancel your accounts and run and hide, because I'm taking names and screenshots and I'm gonna dog a bunch of you nancies to no end when you try to jump back on the bandwagon. I mean I will be f*ckin merciless.

He has had 2 Springs, 2 falls and 1 season and there has been zero upgrade to QB. He is still using Macks QB. Yes....he is in over his head when it comes to offense. I would compare him to muschamp at florida.

He has had 2 Springs, 2 falls and 1 season and there has been zero upgrade to QB. He is still using Macks QB. Yes....he is in over his head when it comes to offense. I would compare him to muschamp at florida.

He's had ONE full recruiting class, moron, and does have a QB who could be special in that class. It will just take time to get him on the field. Goddammit we have a bunch of instant gratification crybabies in this fan base.

The "we are Texas" mindset is as much of your problem as anything else. You don't deserve success just because you're Texas. This same mindset caused our football program to struggle during the early 2000s. Success is not something you deserve, it's something you earn. Programs like Alabama and Texas, and others of course, are always at risk of having an entitled we deserve everything attitude. That attitude can bring down a program. We went through it from 2000-2004 and Texas is going through it now. And Michigan may never come out of it if Harbaugh can't save them.

Metcalf #2, why be merciless, next year? Are people doing those things to you now? Will you cancel your account if CS doesn't turn it around in year 3? BTW, "next year never seems to come."

There is no reason we should get our ass handed to us like that. I don't care who's recruits are playing. Many teams with a lot less talent would have put up a better fight. We got dominated on both fronts by a better team which is understandable, but if there is no improvement throughout the season you have to start questioning the staff starting at the top.

Reactions: BigHookem
It's too early to know. Christ I'm going to have to ignore a lot stupidity around here. If this team turns it around next year, LIKE IT SHOULD IN YEAR 3 of a major rebuilding job, a whole lotta you mother f*clers better cancel your accounts and run and hide, because I'm taking names and screenshots and I'm gonna dog a bunch of you nancies to no end when you try to jump back on the bandwagon. I mean I will be f*ckin merciless.

I was on board with your thought process last year. Last night caused me to move off of that position. CS has done little to upgrade the offense and has stuck with Shawn Watson which will utimately cost him his job. He's uninvolved on that side of the ball and SW and Swoops will be his downfall.

I question how Wickline was a stud O-line coach at OK State & why his O-line looks so awful at Texas. I did see 2 freshmen starting, however. But, there were some senior O-linemen getting beat too. Is it talent? Is it the leaders/coaches over him creating the schemes/game plans? Is it strength & conditioning? Is Wickline overrated-is someone else to be credited for OK States great O-linemen?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT