ADVERTISEMENT

It's happening.....

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
The Ruffin touch:

At the end of Sept (not including the Texas Game or TCU)
OU was ranked 91st in total defense.
OU was ranked 111th in first downs allowed
OU was ranked 105th in pass yards allowed (not per game -- may not exactly measure)
OU was ranked 71st in rush yards allowed (again overall, not per game)
OU was ranked 51st in scoring defense (has gone up probably because Texas put up 48 -- average at the time was 23.2 so even TCU pushed that from where it was)
OU was ranked 126th in Red Zone Defense.

OU is now ranked 77th in total defense
OU is now ranked 86th in first downs allowed
OU is now ranked 95th in passing yards allowed per game
OU is now ranked 59th in rushing yards allowed per game
OU is now ranked 71st in scoring defense
OU is now ranked 125th in Red Zone Defense

Prepare thine keisters

Reactions: freeper
I like the fact that they went from 51st in scoring defense under baby stoops, to 71 under Ruffin.

Give that man a raise.

Reactions: Scholz
To the credit of OU's defense, they did only give up 2 touchdowns all game. One of those drives started on their 47 yard line. The other started at OU's 33.

They gave up 2 field goals all game. 1 fg was the only score tcu had in the 2nd half. Both possessions had great field position too. One started on the OU 49 and the other drive started at the tcu 45. Tcu scored zero points, count 'em, zero when starting field position was worse than their own 35 yd line. That's the first time that happened all year.

So a promising start for Mcneil's defense if you really look at it. The worst field position tcu had on a scoring drive was their own 37. The rest were their own 47, their own 45 and Ou's 33. When the defense only has half the field to work with, it makes it harder to keep them from scoring.

Reactions: theSeanDon
To the credit of OU's defense, they did only give up 2 touchdowns all game. One of those drives started on their 47 yard line. The other started at OU's 33.

They gave up 2 field goals all game. 1 fg was the only score tcu had in the 2nd half. Both possessions had great field position too. One started on the OU 49 and the other drive started at the tcu 45. Tcu scored zero points, count 'em, zero when starting field position was worse than their own 35 yd line. That's the first time that happened all year.

So a promising start for Mcneil's defense if you really look at it. The worst field position tcu had on a scoring drive was their own 37. The rest were their own 47, their own 45 and Ou's 33. When the defense only has half the field to work with, it makes it harder to keep them from scoring.

TCU scored 14 on Texas Tech...at home
TCU benched their starting QB

If this were Texas I was talking about I would curb my enthusiasm, but I can understand your excitement.

I'll throw in the fact that they have a Strength and Conditioning Coach that is more skilled in aesthetics or cross fit games!

We remember his 'conditioning' well

TCU scored 14 on Texas Tech...at home
TCU benched their starting QB

If this were Texas I was talking about I would curb my enthusiasm, but I can understand your excitement.

I'm simply noticing an improvement on that side of the ball. It was the 2nd lowest point total given up on defense all year. Held them to 220 yards below their average. So it's a nice start for a new DC. Also really liked how he put different players in different positions more suited to their skillset. And playing 4 down linemen throughout the game was promising.

I'm simply noticing an improvement on that side of the ball. It was the 2nd lowest point total given up on defense all year. Held them to 220 yards below their average. So it's a nice start for a new DC. Also really liked how he put different players in different positions more suited to their skillset. And playing 4 down linemen throughout the game was promising.

No, I get where you're coming from and I understand your excitement. One that that will help Ruffin is the fact OU has a ridiculous offense and that'll ease some of the pressure to be perfect.

However, if it was Texas in this scenario I would be a bit hesitant just because TCU offensively is not very good...at all.

No, I get where you're coming from and I understand your excitement. One that that will help Ruffin is the fact OU has a ridiculous offense and that'll ease some of the pressure to be perfect.

However, if it was Texas in this scenario I would be a bit hesitant just because TCU offensively is not very good...at all.

Well some yes, but if they are still scoring on 3 play drives, its just as bad as 3 & outs. Yeah tcu isnt very good at all, but i have a feeling that mike stoops would just have said 'hold my beer' and watch their backup have a career day. But if your defense was as bad as OU's all season, this is a nice step in the right direction for that D

Reactions: weevilcatch
D line still fat and slow? kthanxbai
Scholz, in his press conference today when asked what defensive strategy he would use against KState, Ruff said, and I quote “ I’m going to go out there and let my tits hang out, and turn my defense loose, it’s Ruffin time, baby!”

Reactions: freeper
Scholz, in his press conference today when asked what defensive strategy he would use against KState, Ruff said, and I quote “ I’m going to go out there and let my tits hang out, and turn my defense loose, it’s Ruffin time, baby!”

Here are some random gooners waiting for their turn to fondle Ruffin's tits after hearing this news.
59c27543f0c40.image.jpg

Here are some random gooners waiting for their turn to fondle Ruffin's tits after hearing this news.
59c27543f0c40.image.jpg
Or did he say he was going to let his udders hang out? Either way he’s fixing to get nasty. All I can hope for is a top 60 defense instead of a top 100. I’m easy to please

Reactions: freeper and westx
DamagedJoyfulIbadanmalimbe-small.gif

Oklahoma’s defense is gonna have to show me more than they did against TCU to prove they have “improved”. We shall know more after the Tech and West Virginia games. They have an offense that is gonna score 40+ points a game so that is gonna take some pressure off the defense. I just think in a high scoring shootout like the RRS their defense is gonna have a hard time getting stops against the better offensive teams in the Big 12.

The Ruffin touch:

At the end of Sept (not including the Texas Game or TCU)
OU was ranked 91st in total defense.
OU was ranked 111th in first downs allowed
OU was ranked 105th in pass yards allowed (not per game -- may not exactly measure)
OU was ranked 71st in rush yards allowed (again overall, not per game)
OU was ranked 51st in scoring defense (has gone up probably because Texas put up 48 -- average at the time was 23.2 so even TCU pushed that from where it was)
OU was ranked 126th in Red Zone Defense.

OU is now ranked 77th in total defense
OU is now ranked 86th in first downs allowed
OU is now ranked 95th in passing yards allowed per game
OU is now ranked 59th in rushing yards allowed per game
OU is now ranked 71st in scoring defense
OU is now ranked 125th in Red Zone Defense

Prepare thine keisters

OU is also ranked #2...... In the Big 12..... Behind Texas. ;) Bwahahah

Bro u are like the only OU fan I have respect for. Don’t screw that up by sounding like an aggy

Bro u are like the only OU fan I have respect for. Don’t screw that up by sounding like an aggy
Our defense is ranked around 100, my comments are definitely tongue in cheek. Having said that, when your D is ranked 100, any improvement is something to celebrate. Am I saying our defense is good now, no

The only quality wins in $ec are bama, l$u, and jawja.
Hmmm, leave this website and view the national perception and there might be a different opinion. Name me your other quality wins? USC will have 4-5 losses like I said earlier. TCU sucks, Kstate sucks, Tulsa sucks, OU has the defense that is discussed here. Still a quality win though.

at least we have one
Meh, Kentucky still serves as that currently. They beat Florida who beat LSU who murdered Georgia. However, I do think Missouri might beat Kentucky today. We will see. You beat OU who took overtime to get by Army.

Dont bash ou too much? SMFH.... Just go away.... Not joking.... Just leave. Ou sucks various phallic representations as well as testicle filled scrotum sack and approved substitutes...... IN ALL orifices....

And they suck whether Texas wins or loses.... Just like our retarded little bros in the SEC....

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle! GO JOE!!!!!

Dont bash ou too much? SMFH.... Just go away.... Not joking.... Just leave. Ou sucks various phallic representations as well as testicle filled scrotum sack and approved substitutes...... IN ALL orifices....

And they suck whether Texas wins or loses.... Just like our retarded little bros in the SEC....

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle! GO JOE!!!!!

Well now!!! Tell me how you really feel!! Get it out brother!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT