ADVERTISEMENT

I've had time to cool off, and yes, we got robbed.

Metcalf #2

Feb 23, 2011
Normally I'll scream about poor officiating when it happens, then cool off later and realize, yeah ok that call wasn't so bad, or yeah that was a penalty. Not so in this case. That is by far the most one sided officiating job I've ever seen. I don't know if money changed hands, this crew had an axe to grind, or what, but there was definitely something wrong.

TD run by D'Onta, called back for holding. There's nothing that even looks like it could be holding anywhere on the field. Pure made up call to take away a TD.

Fumble by OSU QB #4. All Horns in the pile, except for one Cowboy, who NEVER demonstrated he had the ball. Refs see him and find the perfect excuse to let OSU keep the ball, without confirming he had it. Obviously, because he never did.

Roughing the passer taking away a Texas INT. Iffy call at best. Again, uh oh, big play for Texas we can't have that, throw a flag.

Defensive holding on a run play. F*cking absolute, unabashed statement of, "the team I'm supposed to be protecting needs a hand here, so I better throw a flag and call it on an interior lineman, since that's the safest place to make a phantom call." There was nothing, absolutely nothing, that could have made even somebody that hates Texas think there might have been something there. If anything it was holding on OSU, who was bear hugging our DT that called for the f*cking penalty!

Then of course, this leads to Charlie Strong blowing his top, rightfully so, and I'll be damned if the ref is not following Charlie and getting in his face trying to provoke him even further, THEN THE GODDAMN REF LEANS INTO THE COACH, and immediately throws a flag. I mean, can you get any more blatant and obvious?

These goddamm refs were hell bent on making sure Texas loses. Idgaf what anybody says. I'm not sure why, but there needs to be an investigation. In the history of sport, if the fix was ever in, it was in this game.

Yeah OU got completely screwed on the Oregon game, but that was one call. This was an entire game where the officials seemed to have a gameplan of wiping out anything big that Texas did. I didn't even bring up all the calls, just the ones that stuck out the most, that's how bad it was.

Almost enough to make you want to have Clint Hurtt on the sidelines. That said, I'm glad we lost this way, this team needs to be forged in fire.

512x.jpg

Hook 'em

Yeah but I just can't stand gettin screwed. This could've been a season changer as far as confidence and momentum goes. Horrible to have it stolen like that. Hope the kids don't give up, and instead it pisses them off and they use it as motivation.

That screw job on the fumble recovery took away field position around midfield and gave it to us deep inside the 10 after the punt.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I agree on the others but not the fumble recovery. I don't know who got it because the pile but i know Duke never had it before the pile. It may have changed hands 10 times in the pile but that is the whole point of having a dogpile.

I agree on the others but not the fumble recovery. I don't know who got it because the pile but i know Duke never had it before the pile. It may have changed hands 10 times in the pile but that is the whole point of having a dogpile.

Exactly. There were like 8 Longhorn hands in that pile. One cowboy hand. Really? What are those odds?

Exactly. There were like 8 Longhorn hands in that pile. One cowboy hand. Really? What are those odds?

That's a dogpile. If a ref sees it in whites hands he rules. He doesn't try to ascertain who probably had it or who should have had it

I agree that Texas got robbed of a win. By Charlie Strong. Going for it on 4th and 10 and giving the ball to OSU at midfield in a field position game was even more ridiculous than his 15 yard penalty minutes later. He went full retard and lost the game. A game that Texas could have easily stolen thanks to a banged up Rudolph.

That's a dogpile. If a ref sees it in whites hands he rules. He doesn't try to ascertain who probably had it or who should have had it

That's the problem. He never saw it in whites hands, because it never was. At best he got one hand on it, while somebody else was holding it.

That was the craziest play of the game and a very embarrassing moment for the Texas defense.

No I'd say the craziest were the phantom defensive holding and the phantom holding that took away a Texas TD. Those two calls alone scream, "the fix is in". Guess your boy T Boone thinks he can buy a championship now.

Reactions: tummer
I agree that Texas got robbed of a win. By Charlie Strong. Going for it on 4th and 10 and giving the ball to OSU at midfield in a field position game was even more ridiculous than his 15 yard penalty minutes later. He went full retard and lost the game. A game that Texas could have easily stolen thanks to a banged up Rudolph.

Rudolph wasn't hurt. He's just not that good.

I admit I was a little surprised at this call too. I guess Strong figured he was too close to punt, too far to attempt a field goal so he went for it?

... and it's stuff like this that I find most interesting about the questionable calls. It's not just UT fans, players, or coaches who are making a big deal about this. King is from Florida and went to Tulane before the NFL. He has no reason to care particularly about whether or not Texas won a game. Max Olson has covered Texas and the Big 12 for a bit, but he went to Nebraska. The announcers for the game who gave the refs the benefit of the doubt on some of the 50/50 calls but took issue with several of them are from West Virginia and attended George Washington, from Washington DC and went to University of Washington, and from North Carolina and went to NC State. None of them have any reason to take UT's side on this, and most announcers or sports writers move on pretty quick after a game, even if there was a bad call or two. And in this case, it's still being discussed by people who include those who don't have any connection with UT, not just fans.

At this point it doesn't matter for the game itself. But it was pretty exceptional in how strange it played out.

Walt Anderson can go **** himself, he did not help things today covering for his crooked crew. He knows something was going on. **** the Big 12.

And why are there 75 year old refs doing these games, get these old ****s in a retirement home and off the field.

Yeah but I just can't stand gettin screwed. This could've been a season changer as far as confidence and momentum goes. Horrible to have it stolen like that. Hope the kids don't give up, and instead it pisses them off and they use it as motivation.

So what's your view on certain teams that have been screwed by the refs while playing the horns?

And I don't wanna hear any bullshit about one call here, or one call there. Find me a whole game with made up phantom calls at seemingly every crucial moment. And if you're still dumb enough to bring up Nebraska....

GTFO-avengers-iron-man-kicks-thor.gif

So what's your view on certain teams that have been screwed by the refs while playing the horns?

Bad calls happen

Last year we had a bad call in our favor vs. ISU. It was a single call. We got the benefit of a missed call against Vince in the national championship game that gave us a TD. It actually worked out against us as if they had made the right call we probably still score but USC would not have had time to go down the other way and score again like they did. I know bad calls happen.

This was a whole game of bad calls, around 4 or 5 bad calls that impacted the game. I'm talking a 13 point swing in the game due to bad calls. That is bigger than the point spread so you better believe something was fishy.

People who know me know I hate it when someone uses the race card, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if this was race motivated. Mostly white coaching staff vs. a mostly black coaching staff. I know it sounds crazy, and okay if you call me out on it. Truth is I have no idea why these refs did what they did, I just know the results were pretty damn fishy.

You know, it reminded me of "Remember the Titans". That playoff game when the racist refs tried to cheat coach Boone.

However, as I pointed out it another thread, I don't this had anything to do with Oklahoma State. This officiating crew has a 12 game history of lopsided calling against Texas.

Walt Anderson can go **** himself, he did not help things today covering for his crooked crew. He knows something was going on. **** the Big 12.

Everytime there's controversial officiating the league office always congratulates the refs in question. When Pete Rozelle was NFL commissioner he was notorious for doing this. Actually the NFL still does it. But this man has got to realize that Alan Eck and his crew actually call twice as many penalties on TX as the other Big XII zebras do. Hopefully this guy Anderson will finally do something about it.

We need to get over the "ref's screwed us". We don't want to come off like Baylor or aggy. Texas is above that.

We had a chance to win the game and we didn't. Time to move on and figure out a way to beat TCU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT