ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Wiley entering the transfer portal

Classic “look like Tarzan, play like Jane” situation. Sark wants physical players at every position, and Wiley is soft. I had high hopes for him, too, but it is what it is.

This one bothers me. I still think Casey can be a great college QB with a decent offensive line.
Great QBs make plays even with average offensive lines like Sam used to make. I don’t know if it was the thumb injury that was bothering him as the season went on but I was not impressed with his play in the games after the RRS. If he just makes a couple of plays in the 2nd half of the OSU, Baylor, and WV games we go 8-4 instead of 5-7.

Great QBs make plays even with average offensive lines like Sam used to make. I don’t know if it was the thumb injury that was bothering him as the season went on but I was not impressed with his play in the games after the RRS. If he just makes a couple of plays in the 2nd half of the OSU, Baylor, and WV games we go 8-4 instead of 5-7.
I just have one question. Where was this average offensive line you speak of? Because ours was terrible.

He’s gone. His dad’s quote of going to a place that appreciates Casey’s work ethic and some other things.
I hoped he’d stay and compete but I totally get it.

He’s gone. His dad’s quote of going to a place that appreciates Casey’s work ethic and some other things.

I can’t stand the sour grapes bullshit. He played like shit more than he didn’t. Blame OL all you want but he missed on a bunch of throws. And plenty of deep balls.

Wish the kid well, but don’t play that game dad smh

What's his DAD supposed to say publicly? Besides, I think he waited his turn... Was passed over anyway... Won the job back... Played great... Then got hurt and wasn't about to step aside and give them a chance to replace him again. I respect Casey. Hope he does great wherever he chooses to go.

What's his DAD supposed to say publicly? Besides, I think he waited his turn... Was passed over anyway... Won the job back... Played great... Then got hurt and wasn't about to step aside and give them a chance to replace him again. I respect Casey. Hope he does great wherever he chooses to go.

Lots of things to say that aren’t petty and inaccurate

Casey had every chance in the world to lock the job up long term. He had a couple of great quarters after the OU game but was way to inconsistent. Credit to Sark for going out and getting Ewers.

Casey had every chance in the world to lock the job up long term. He had a couple of great quarters after the OU game but was way to inconsistent. Credit to Sark for going out and getting Ewers.
The couple of quarters you keep saying is BS

I can’t stand the sour grapes bullshit. He played like shit more than he didn’t. Blame OL all you want but he missed on a bunch of throws. And plenty of deep balls.

Wish the kid well, but don’t play that game dad smh
I don't think that Casey has a good deep throw.

The couple of quarters you keep saying is BS
How is it BS? Casey is an average division 1 QB. That’s just a fact. He’s just not good enough to take this team to next level from what I saw from him this season.

Last edited:
How is it BS? Casey is an average division 1 QB. That’s just a fact. He’s just not good enough to take this team to next level from what I saw from him this season.
You have a desire to make him out to be worse than he is, that is your business. The fact is, none of us really know what kind of QB he is because we have seen flashes of outstanding quarterback play where he led scores on every single drive and putting up points Texas hasn't seen even with a 4 year starter in Ehlinger. He put two scoring drives against Arkansas in a very short period of time and then Rice, Tech and ou were simply outstanding. Then he gets hurt and can no longer do what he was doing. There is a lot to consider in that we don't know how much the injury really affected him or was he just being defended better by opponents. He gave this university a pretty damn good effort. My biggest disappointment with Casey was that he had the chance to lead this team as an upper classman and he didn't. The team really needed somebody on the sidelines rallying the troops. He missed his chance and as I have said, that is on him. Texas really needed that vocal leader and he didn't come through. Time to move on. I liked Card as well, but didn't feel he was ready. Card would be a decent Div 1 QB by the time he is a junior. If he wants to transfer because a major university like Texas doesn't want to give him the nod as a freshman, then "see ya". I love the Ewers acquisition and I imagine Casey made the right choice to transfer.

Reactions: freeper
You have a desire to make him out to be worse than he is, that is your business. The fact is, none of us really know what kind of QB he is because we have seen flashes of outstanding quarterback play where he led scores on every single drive and putting up points Texas hasn't seen even with a 4 year starter in Ehlinger. He put two scoring drives against Arkansas in a very short period of time and then Rice, Tech and ou were simply outstanding. Then he gets hurt and can no longer do what he was doing. There is a lot to consider in that we don't know how much the injury really affected him or was he just being defended better by opponents. He gave this university a pretty damn good effort. My biggest disappointment with Casey was that he had the chance to lead this team as an upper classman and he didn't. The team really needed somebody on the sidelines rallying the troops. He missed his chance and as I have said, that is on him. Texas really needed that vocal leader and he didn't come through. Time to move on. I liked Card as well, but didn't feel he was ready. Card would be a decent Div 1 QB by the time he is a junior. If he wants to transfer because a major university like Texas doesn't want to give him the nod as a freshman, then "see ya". I love the Ewers acquisition and I imagine Casey made the right choice to transfer.
I have a desire to make him out to be exactly what he was this year, an average QB at best. It’s really that simple.

Reactions: maggimae
Casey had the same opportunity to be the starter next year as all the other QBs. But transferring after graduation, can bring a new fresh start like Shane and Garrett had.

Pretty nice farewell letter by Casey. Great to see he got his UT degree. I wish that young man well.​

Dear Texas,

Thank you for everything. We've been through a lot. These past few years have been an amazing journey, the ups, the downs, everything - I'm thankful for it all. I'm thankful for all the relationships. The experiences and lessons I've learned will help me in life. They shaped me to become the man I am today and I wouldn't have grown without adversity. From different coaching staffs, to uncertainty, waiting for an opportunity, to competing. It’s been a lot, but it’s all a part of a greater plan. Thank you to the QBs I got to compete with and build relationships with: Sam, Shane, Cam, Hud, JJ, Ben, Charles, Cole. It’s all love!

Thank you to the staff, the former staff, and academics. I'd like to thank Coach Sark and Milwee for the opportunity this year. I thank Tom Herman and Tim Beck for offering me, and Mike Yurcich for being a great coach as well. I thank my strength coaches, Yancy McKnight and Torre Becton, for building great relationships and pushing me. I'm thankful I was able to receive a degree and graduate in 3 years from such a prestigious university and start on my Masters. I thank Stan Drayton, Larry Fedora, and Kevin Washington for being great men of faith. Texas has the facilities, support and resources. It always has been and will be a top program — a blue blood.

To all the former greats, players and coaches, nothing but love and respect. You set the standard.

To the fans, thank you. Longhorn nation is a big part of what makes Texas a great university, and I'm grateful for the support I received while In Austin.

To my teammates, my best friends, thank you. We went through a lot and only you guys know everything. We fought and competed. We had each other's back no matter what, through thick and thin. We had special moments that I'll cherish forever. College football is a grind, and most of our time is spent with each other. Thank you for allowing me to be your quarterback and your teammate. I believe things are coming together and I wish you all the best of luck. Everything will play out how it's supposed to, just keep working hard and have faith. Push each other. Enjoy the game, it's fun. I'm disappointed that I won't be with you guys anymore and this has been the toughest decision because of you. I truly didn't want to just leave what we have built. Its hard. However, I feel like this is what's best for me at this point in my career. A number of things led to this decision, and everything matters. I'll always be here if you need me, and you all know that I love you guys. Be great.

At heart I'm just a kid from Oklahoma City and I'm thankful I still get to play this game. I trust in God and faith. Anything is possible.

After a lot of thought and prayer, I have decided to enter the transfer portal. I have complete confidence in myself and love to compete. I will continue to work on myself as a player and as a person. I'm excited for the rest of my career.

“Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due time you will reap a harvest if you don't give up. - Galatians 6:9”

THANK YOU,

Casey Thompson

No Casey had a terrible ol maybe the worst in school history.

Reactions: weevilcatch
No Casey had a terrible ol maybe the worst in school history.

I addressed this in another thread. That piece of crap OL beat the pocket presence out of him. Casey in the bowl game last year and early on this year had a very good presence. That was beaten out of him.

With that said, there is a reason some QBs never get sacked. They process things pre-snap and know a coverage before snap. I don't think Casey was very good at this yet.

I think Casey will be successful if he chooses Nebraska. If he chooses OU I think that will be a mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT