ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrett Allen #22

I always thought he looked like a player. But soooo thin. He'll get shoved around until he puts on weight/gets physically stronger. Good luck, but I wish he had come back. On a related Big 12 note - Jonathan Motley of Baylor skipped his senior year and got passed over. Bad decision Mr. Motley.

I always thought he looked like a player. But soooo thin. He'll get shoved around until he puts on weight/gets physically stronger. Good luck, but I wish he had come back. On a related Big 12 note - Jonathan Motley of Baylor skipped his senior year and got passed over. Bad decision Mr. Motley.

If you saw Baylor play Texas last season, you'd never guess Allen is a first rounder and Motley goes undrafted. Strange.

Exactly. There is no identity for teams anymore in CBB with the one and done thing. I wish kids had to stay three years like they do in football and baseball.
So, kids shouldn't be allowed to take a chance to make a living and make their own decision?

So he stays at Texas one year and gone.I would hope some day this would change in Ncaa basketball.

I was listening to talk radio the other day and the conversation was on this subject. On of the ideas I kinda of liked was, allow the player to go pro right out of HS if he and the pro teams thinks he is good enough. If he elects to go to college, make it a minimum 2 year stay.

This would give the pro ready HS players a chance to get drafted and at the same time give the colleges a little more time with the players they sign. Also it would require the player to make grades to play the 2nd year.

I was listening to talk radio the other day and the conversation was on this subject. On of the ideas I kinda of liked was, allow the player to go pro right out of HS if he and the pro teams thinks he is good enough. If he elects to go to college, make it a minimum 2 year stay.

This would give the pro ready HS players a chance to get drafted and at the same time give the colleges a little more time with the players they sign. Also it would require the player to make grades to play the 2nd year.
What if he doesn't make grades? Then to NBA after flunking out? Wait a year with nothing going on? Do you remember Wilt Chamberlain?

What if he doesn't make grades? Then to NBA after flunking out? Wait a year with nothing going on? Do you remember Wilt Chamberlain?

Probably not an issue.

I think these programs that can attract the 2 & out players can keep them eligible for 2 years.

Probably not an issue.

I think these programs that can attract the 2 & out players can keep them eligible for 2 years.
The mark of a good chess player is that he can see his opponent's options. Instead of one and done, it'll be none and done. Now that college athletics have become semi-pro, they prevent the growth of minor league sports.

Think about the kids who went to the NBA, it was exciting but the kids wasn't educated at all. Then the kids were forced to do one year. Some kids still avoided the college by going overseas for a year. What the NBA needs to do is force the kids to do a 2 year minimum in college, if they go overseas, then it will be 3 years. I look at the draft and it's only like what, 30 teams with 2 rounds. That's like 60 players to be taken. Then you have an influx of foreign players to go along with our college kids. That's how you get the Baylor kid not getting drafted. He's a baller but no room. Take out all of the one year players and he would've been drafted.
This needs to get fix

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT