ADVERTISEMENT

jshorn TTFTW a/k/a Picking up Ketch’s slack

jshorn

Everyone's favorite poser
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2006
1. Program record 11 Horns drafted in NFL Draft

WOW. Truly shows what a difference Sark makes in obtaining AND developing talent. First time since 2007 (M. Griffin and A Ross) we’ve had 2 first round selections. Absolutely love that X gets to catch balls from Mahomes. Was also very happy Sweat didn’t get “punished” for his mistake.

2. More thoughts on Horns drafted

Hated that the Cowboys didn’t get Brooks (more on that below) but couldn’t be happier for Jonathan going so early and getting to join Sanders to help out Bryce Young at Carolina.

AD Mitchell may have been upset about falling a bit, but the Colts have a solid OL and a young QB that showed some talent last year in Richardson. Mitchell should make a good pairing with Pittman on the other side and J Taylor.

Lastly, a shout out for Whittington getting drafted and going to the Rams, who have shown a keen eye for WR talent. Let’s hope he’s another find for them.

3. Cowboys Picks

I was ecstatic with the move to drop back and pick up a third rounder and still get the Guyton (Rock me) you wanted. The third rounder was used to pick up Beebe who was fantastic at KSU. I read that neither Sweat nor Murphy beat Beebe in our game this year. Huge.

From there, I honestly have no idea. Not drafting a RB is insane. Don’t know anything about the other guys. Trust in McClay, I guess.

4. Other NFL draft thoughts

How do the Eagles always seem to draft so well?

Can’t wait to see which of these QBs pan out. History says some or all will underperform. I think Williams will be legit, and getting Odunze is a huge help. Drake Maye seems like he has the talent, but he also feels a bit like a Sam Darnold. JJ McCarthy? I’m gonna say average at best.

WTF were the Falcons thinking? Might be the dumbest thing ever, and I’m a big Penix fan (Rock me). I bet Cousins is livid. You think he would have like Odunze???

5. NBA Playoffs

I’m still stinging from the Mavs loss a bit ago. Absolutely ridiculous to get down by 31 no matter how good the clippers were shooting. Then to have the grit to come back and take the lead, only to lose was tough. I put the loss on Kidd. Derek Lively II was one of the biggest reasons for the comeback, and Kidd’s decision to go small and play Kleber at the end cost us the game. Harden absolutely killed the Mavs with no rim protection.

Knicks are going to close out the 76ers.

The Bucks are toast without Giannis and Dame. Although they are hanging in there ATM.

LeBron needs to hang em up.

The Thunder is ridiculously good for being so young. Holmgren went off the other night. He and Lively are clearly the two best rookies in the playoffs.

Celtics will roll through the East.

6. Houston (dis)Astros (Rock me)

What is going on down there? Has a team ever fallen off a cliff so quickly? Maybe this will be the jinx thread they need to wake the F up.

7. Rangers

Rangers are doing exactly what you hope they would while they wait for several key players to come back. Scherzer, DeGrom and Jung will be back to fortify an already strong team. They finally found a closer in Yates. This team looks like a contender to repeat.

8. Buy sell

I’m too lazy to cut and paste, so I’ll answer in that thread.

9. Caitlyn Clark and WNBA

This video of Clark draining 3s on the US Junior Men’s squad almost has me coming around. Almost.

10. Top 10 Women’s Sports

10. N/A
9. N/A
8. N/A
7. N/A
6. N/A
5. N/A
4. Gymnastics
3. Beach Volleyball
2. Mixed Martial Arts
1. Tennis

Last edited: