ADVERTISEMENT

Just read

Other than maybe Fitzgerald, I don't see the upside in USC over those coaches current situations.

If I'm ranking the best college football jobs I'm putting Texas 1A and USC 1B. Actually USC has more to offer than Texas has. You get to play in Southern Cal (weather), you get to hang with Hollywood crowd, you are apart of the premier school in the state of California, USC education is elite, and they are traditionally a better program than Texas.

Can't argue that USC is a better job for any of those coaches than their current gig.

Reactions: Dogged Horn
Agree with Son, USC as much as I HATE the school/team is a place any coach would be stupid to turn down. Along with everything Wasatch listed as an advantage I'd add the fact that USC doesn't really recruit they choose.

That's where I think the disconnect is for most fans. We rank everything and assume that it all falls in line naturally when it doesn't. Just because one company is more prestigious than your current employer doesn't mean you leave your current job for that company. Especially when you are already being paid top dollar by your current employer. That's why when these jobs open up (USC or Texas) they just can't go grab whoever they want because Sports Illustrated or ESPN says they are the best job. That's why Patterson is not leaving TCU even though they are way down on your list most likely.

If we are talking about making millions of dollars a year weather is not influencing my decision. I can afford a heater or an air conditioner with that salary. As Cush would say "I'll either surf or ski". Coaching at an elite academic university? Do they care about that?

I guy like Stoops is already making top dollar he's not leaving OU for the same pay because of the weather, or to be part of an elite academic institution, or because ESPN says that USC is the number 2 job and OU is only 22.

I think it depends on the ambition of the coach. I'd put USC only slightly better than Alabama, but I could see Saban leaving Alabama for USC if only because change makes him hungrier and keeps his competitive juices flowing.

That might not be the case for Bob Stoops and he likely wouldn't consider himself for the job.

BTW I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff Fisher seriously consider that job. As a SC guy he is a coach that makes a lot of sense.

OU and ND are both tier 1 football programs. Despite all the early rumors whenever a big time job opens up you just don't see tier 1 coaches change jobs to go to another tier 1 program. It just doesn't happen often enough for me to think that coaches feel any of that stuff you listed is really that important. It's important when ranking the jobs, but not important when you have to factor in the cost of changing jobs, and that cost completely depends on the coach and it's something that we will never know.

If I'm ranking the best college football jobs I'm putting Texas 1A and USC 1B. Actually USC has more to offer than Texas has. You get to play in Southern Cal (weather), you get to hang with Hollywood crowd, you are apart of the premier school in the state of California, USC education is elite, and they are traditionally a better program than Texas.

Can't argue that USC is a better job for any of those coaches than their current gig.
Wasatch--

You forgot one VERY important thing-----

USC, much like UCLA is full of asian girls--------- I'm not saying..........I'm just saying....

I'm not sure USC wants another drunk running that program.......Stumblin can be crossed off that list of hires.

I'm not sure USC wants another drunk running that program.......Stumblin can be crossed off that list of hires.

Can you provide proof that he's a drunk??? I can provide proof that a certain coach is at your school.

For those who are clueless, who currently is the drunk at Texas?
Back to topic,
If recent history gives a clue we will not know until later what kind of skeletons in a program's closet are too close for comfort leading to one of the candidates giving sudden strong interest in a seemingly lateral move to an environment not attractive (you will work for Hadden) to all observers.

:) You guys will spin anything. I hear midget tossing is a new victory tradition now.

National titles aren't spin, they are THE end game. They are where any conversation starts and finishes.

Spin, my dear Aggie, is what you do. Because you don't want to talk about things you have never seen and know nothing about......and only your great grandparents have seen Aggie accomplish. Back when they didn't wear helmets and no one even dreamed up a forward pass.

"At a popular bar with a very young crowd with coworkers, noticed Kevin Sumlin, coach of TAMU, standing at the bar, surveying the crowd. I approached, shook his hand and congratulated him on his season. He immediately told me he was taking pictures and my girlfriend shouldnt have ever asked him earlier. "Excuse me, my girlfriend? I dont have a girlfriend". Since I'm weirded out, I step to the side and look at my phone, slightly out of embarassment. As I look up, he is staring right at me and says, "better not be tweeting anything either." Me: "Sir, I'm not tweeting anything. I dont even know how". KS: "I saw you doing it right now". Me: (holding up my phone screen) "No just sending a text. I went to Notre Dame, I understand how twitter can cause problems". He shakes my hand and I walk away. He didn't seem drunk, but there was something incredibly odd about this guy, as in I wouldn't trust this guy in my house. A bunch of people thought he looked like he was on cocaine. idk. I realize this may be judgmental but why is 50 year old man with a wife and 4 children hanging out at a bar/club full of early-20 somethings at 1 am in Houston on a Monday night? I can't imagine Brian Kelly doing the same."

Thought this was pretty funny Mikey

Reactions: Dogged Horn
"At a popular bar with a very young crowd with coworkers, noticed Kevin Sumlin, coach of TAMU, standing at the bar, surveying the crowd. I approached, shook his hand and congratulated him on his season. He immediately told me he was taking pictures and my girlfriend shouldnt have ever asked him earlier. "Excuse me, my girlfriend? I dont have a girlfriend". Since I'm weirded out, I step to the side and look at my phone, slightly out of embarassment. As I look up, he is staring right at me and says, "better not be tweeting anything either." Me: "Sir, I'm not tweeting anything. I dont even know how". KS: "I saw you doing it right now". Me: (holding up my phone screen) "No just sending a text. I went to Notre Dame, I understand how twitter can cause problems". He shakes my hand and I walk away. He didn't seem drunk, but there was something incredibly odd about this guy, as in I wouldn't trust this guy in my house. A bunch of people thought he looked like he was on cocaine. idk. I realize this may be judgmental but why is 50 year old man with a wife and 4 children hanging out at a bar/club full of early-20 somethings at 1 am in Houston on a Monday night? I can't imagine Brian Kelly doing the same."

Thought this was pretty funny Mikey

LOL you're quoting some dude that went to Notre Dame or "said" he went to Notre Dame? Any news reports of him getting a DWI? You guys are just liars (Sholz's favorite comeback). If you can't prove it then you really don't have any leg to stand on.

You guys spin how bad of a coach he is, but then turn right around and say he is going to USC. Why would USC want to hire a bad coach. The truth is that you guys feel threatened by what he is trying to build at A&M. You're just praying he leaves and goes to another school or the NFL. If he's such a bad coach and drunk why are you guys so worried if he stays at A&M or not.

Spin away...................

If you can't prove it then you really don't have any leg to stand on.
Proof is in his fat bitch tits. And the public sightings of him drunk.

And no, I don't have an independently audited BAC report on Kevin Rumlin Stumblin. But he's a drunkard.

LOL you're quoting some dude that went to Notre Dame or "said" he went to Notre Dame? Any news reports of him getting a DWI? You guys are just liars (Sholz's favorite comeback). If you can't prove it then you really don't have any leg to stand on.

You guys spin how bad of a coach he is, but then turn right around and say he is going to USC. Why would USC want to hire a bad coach. The truth is that you guys feel threatened by what he is trying to build at A&M. You're just praying he leaves and goes to another school or the NFL. If he's such a bad coach and drunk why are you guys so worried if he stays at A&M or not.

Spin away...................
but...but....but he's never won anything!

Mind you, Mack Brown won his first conference title in year #21.

I'm sure this is all false, right, mikey?

Rapper Stalley says Johnny Manziel, Kevin Sumlin partied with Rick Ross

Most people operate under the assumption that Johnny Manziel must have been a handful for Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin. Manziel was always making headlines for partying and having a good time, which is enough to spike any coach’s anxiety level. Unless, of course, the coach is partying with the player.

Rapper Stalley was a guest on “Highly Questionable” with Dan Le Batard and Bomani Jones on Wednesday. He shared an interesting story about a time Manziel and Sumlin showed up together at one of Rick Ross’s parties.

“When he was still at Texas A&M — I don’t know if I should say this — Ross had a party in Miami. Johnny Manziel and his coach came to the party, and they were just hanging out basically,” Stalley explained. “It was a good time. That’s all I can really say.”

While Stalley didn’t get into whether Manziel and Sumlin were drinking, he did reveal that Sumlin was “the life of the party.” Stalley, who is signed to Ross’s Maybach Music Group, made it sound like Sumlin fit right in.

“Kevin was like, ‘Yo, I’m a big fan of you guys, MMG. I’m a big fan of Ross,'” Stalley said. “He was having a good time. We were all having a good time. On a scale of 1-10, I would say it was a 15. (Sumlin) was pretty much the life of the party for me. He was the one that made me like, ‘OK, it’s time to turn up in here.'”

Talk about a phenomenal recruiting plug for Sumlin. We have to assume this was after Manziel’s last game with the Aggies. Johnny Football didn’t turn 21 until the very end of the 2013 season. There’s no way Sumlin would have been at a party — where there was probably alcohol and all that good stuff — with Manziel while Manziel was still underage, right?

No wonder Sumlin always defended Manziel when he did stuff like this. They were just a couple of bros winning games and partying it up together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT