ADVERTISEMENT

K. Durant was a proud Horn tonight!

Durant was a hall of fame in the waiting before tonight. After tonight he's punched his first ballot ticket for sure.

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
The more Longhorns with a world championship ring in any sport is a great thing. KD got a lot of flack, even on these very Orangeblood boards for making the change to GS. I understand why some were not happy, but, these athletes want a ring. It completes their career, so I didn't fault him for doing so. Hook'em KD.

The more Longhorns with a world championship ring in any sport is a great thing. KD got a lot of flack, even on these very Orangeblood boards for making the change to GS. I understand why some were not happy, but, these athletes want a ring. It completes their career, so I didn't fault him for doing so. Hook'em KD.

Haters gonna hate. KD did what most if not all athletes always want to do. Play for a winning team, organization or university. Congrats to KD because championships are hard especially at the pro level.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
Those same haters would love to move to bigger name firms in their own industry, get a pay raise (I'm assuming he did), more selfless co-workers, etc.

Haters are mostly fans of other teams, that don't like seeing another team look dominant. Their team's chances diminished to near-zero when KD joined Curry, Klay T. and Draymond Green. They felt the same way with the Miami Heat, I'm sure.

Had to enjoy the hugs from Cavs that KD got, particularly Tristan Thompson & LBJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Those same haters would love to move to bigger name in their own industry, get a pay raise (I'm assuming he did), more selfless co-workers, etc.

Haters are mostly fans of other teams, that don't like seeing another team look dominant. Their team's chances diminished to near-zero when KD joined Curry, Klay T. and Draymond Green. They felt the same way with the Miami Heat, I'm sure.

Had to enjoy the hugs from Cavs that KD got, particularly Tristan Thompson & LBJ.

The reason I was given from some angry fan was that he joined the team that beat him in the playoffs. LOL! I don't even understand why fans of neither team are upset and calling him a snake. All those fans would take him in a heartbeat if he was going to their team they'd be idiots if they didn't. EVERY pro athlete wants a ring I'd be surprised if one didn't.

The reason I was given from some angry fan was that he joined the team that beat him in the playoffs. LOL! I don't even understand why fans of neither team are upset and calling him a snake. All those fans would take him in a heartbeat if he was going to their team they'd be idiots if they didn't. EVERY pro athlete wants a ring I'd be surprised if one didn't.
This happens on the high school level, too. One of the RBs I blocked for moved from Clear Creek HS area to Dickinson HS, merely to improve his scholarship odds by playing for a winning team. It worked for him. He ended up getting a Sports Illustrated cover.

This happens on the high school level, too. One of the RBs I blocked for moved from Clear Creek HS area to Dickinson HS, merely to improve his scholarship odds by playing for a winning team. It worked for him. He ended up getting a Sports Illustrated cover.

It happens to every elite athlete. You think some bad ass RB that has a choice of Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, OU etc.. will pick a DII school because he wants to be loyal or perhaps be the only star on the whole team. Every elite athlete wants to be around other elite athletes and great programs period if not more than likely they're not elite.

Random thoughts

Last year former UT center Tristan Thompson won a ring as the starting center on the Cleveland Cavaliers. It was the first time since 1958 that Texas Longhorn won a ring. Ftr the man's name was Slater Martin.

But now Kevin Durant makes it two in a row. There's more to come.

Each team in the conference finals had at least one Texas Longhorn in their starting lineup.

Avery Bradley is a perfect example of the work ethic. When he was drafted by the Celtics seven years ago he was drafted for his defense. But he was worked hard on his offense and is now a positive two way player. He played very well for the Celtics in their playoff run. He saved them from being swept by the Cavs when he hit on a 3 pointer at the buzzer.

Tristan played as well as can be expected. A mediocre free throw shooter, he raised his game in the playoffs. He played ok in the Finals but as I said before the Cavs have no depth and like the others he ran out of gas. As far as I'm concerned he deserves his contract.

I was very disappointed in the way LaMarcus Aldridge played against the Warriors. He's got the contract that calls on you to be a difference maker. When Kawhi Leonard went down he did not step up. He holds on to the ball two long which is the opposite the Spur style of constantly passing the ball.

KD need I say anything more?

Hookem

Reactions: westx
It happens to every elite athlete. You think some bad ass RB that has a choice of Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, OU etc.. will pick a DII school because he wants to be loyal or perhaps be the only star on the whole team. Every elite athlete wants to be around other elite athletes and great programs period if not more than likely they're not elite.
Sure, my friend could have gotten the attention and "made it" despite playing for a crappy team, but there would have been questions like Ty Swoopes faced. It's much easier to get the major program offers with no questions, when you're surrounded by good coaching and players... when you play for a winner.

So KD got the ring that he wouldn't have gotten had he stayed with Russell Westbrook and a bunch of nobodies (who are never going anywhere as long as they play with RW).

KD wouldn't be demonstrating basketball as it can be played, and he wouldn't be playing with a PG who has the same spirit as he does.

Random thoughts

Last year former UT center Tristan Thompson won a ring as the starting center on the Cleveland Cavaliers. It was the first time since 1958 that Texas Longhorn won a ring. Ftr the man's name was Slater Martin.

But now Kevin Durant makes it two in a row. There's more to come.

Each team in the conference finals had at least one Texas Longhorn in their starting lineup.

Avery Bradley is a perfect example of the work ethic. When he was drafted by the Celtics seven years ago he was drafted for his defense. But he was worked hard on his offense and is now a positive two way player. He played very well for the Celtics in their playoff run. He saved them from being swept by the Cavs when he hit on a 3 pointer at the buzzer.

Tristan played as well as can be expected. A mediocre free throw shooter, he raised his game in the playoffs. He played ok in the Finals but as I said before the Cavs have no depth and like the others he ran out of gas. As far as I'm concerned he deserves his contract.

I was very disappointed in the way LaMarcus Aldridge played against the Warriors. He's got the contract that calls on you to be a difference maker. When Kawhi Leonard went down he did not step up. He holds on to the ball two long which is the opposite the Spur style of constantly passing the ball.

KD need I say anything more?

Hookem

wtf are you talking about? cory joseph and dexter pittman both have rings.

Those same haters would love to move to bigger name in their own industry, get a pay raise (I'm assuming he did), more selfless co-workers, etc.

it's warm under the dragon's wing.

but don't forget that the heat had serious competition and were pushed to 7 game series/lost to spurs. 4 all stars on one team is unbeatable. the era of the super teams is ruining the league. these playoffs were an absolute snoozer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT