ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris Policy Platform

UT Big Daddy

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2001
I think it is likely that Harris will now tack to toward the center (she has historically been far left) when discussing policy specifics. Is there any data available out there on Harris' tax ideas? Is she going to reaffirm Biden's promise not to allow taxes to increase on folks making under $400K? Where does she stand on corporate tax rates and the individual tax brackets? During her short 2020 Presidential run did she ever publish anything on taxes? Has she ever commented on the 1039 exchange for example?

Taxes - A couple of years ago she seemed to imply support for a 70% tax bracket, anything different now? Presumably she shifts away from this.
Trade - Seems like she is less likely to increase tariffs and perhaps might not even stick with the Trump China tariff that Biden adopted. Has she commented on this?
Israel & Gaza - While I think she shifts a little on this, she is definitely likely to be tougher on Israel than Biden. That said, I have a long history on the board of explaining why I think the President is relatively powerless and doesn't have the option of changing current policy due to nuclear risks.
Russia - I don't expect anything novel here. She will continue giving money to Ukraine. Let's hope she doesn't boot boots on the ground.
Fracking - Kamala has said in no uncertain terms that she would support a Federal ban on fracking. Does that remain the case? Was she tricked in to saying it because she couldn't handle the moment in the spotlight?
Immigration - Kamala has said that she would decriminalize illegal immigration. Does she stand by that or was the moment too big for her when she said it?

I think a President Harris would try to drive abortion and gun related legislation and she will continue the student loan forgiveness efforts. We would see continued efforts to expand clean energy and EV's. I'm not sure what her position is on nuclear power.

Last edited:
Reactions: sb76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News