ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Lacey Looking Good at Elite 11

Bobble-Head Bevo

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2002
Texas QB

Texas QB Commit KJ Lacey Shines in Day 1 of Elite 11 Finals

Story by Matt Galatzan

Texas QB Commit KJ Lacey Shines in Day 1 of Elite 11 Finals (msn.com)

Lacey not only displayed great zip and power behind his throws, but his accuracy - outside of one or two missed throws - was as good as he could have possibly hoped for coming into the competition. Outside of that, he was also extremely light on his feet and displayed top-notch mechanics both in that footwork and in his throwing motion.

That said, Lacey knows he can still improve and get better, and he is embracing the advice of the Elite 11 coaches and counselors along the way.

"I was just learning as it went, because you have the five-step, seven-step drops, all that stuff," Lacey said. "Most of my stuff is like three steps from the gun, or three and a hitch or something like that. But I'm coming out here and learning what the coaches have to tell us and fix about our footwork, so that's what I'm doing. The main thing was my base, keeping it wider. Sometimes I tend to get a little tall at the top of my drop. Just staying low to the ground and my base right."

Now, Lacey heads into Day 2 in the thick of the conversation for the camp's MVP award, and if he can continue to improve off of an already impressive Day 1, he should be there right until the end.

This article was originally published on www.si.com/college/texas as Texas QB Commit KJ Lacey Shines in Day 1 of Elite 11 Finals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News