Kobe Black commitment - the agGy reaction

Jet Peddler

Drunk Randoke's Personal Chef
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2014
Deep in the Heart of Texas
From AggieYell:

- It's been real boys 🫡

- This has been and continues to be a dreadful end to a year.

- We are disorganized and unaligned.

- Maybe we’ll get him next year.

- And now, we enter our version of "The Charlie Strong Era"

- We were already in it.

- No, I think we just completed the John Mackovic phase.

- Maybe it’s because I was in school during the first SEC years, but I don’t feel anything when I see Texas get a player. We were never getting Kobe Black

- lemme guess...
the new staff didn't contact him
mutual decision
better players in the portal
he was a scrub anyway

- how we don’t have any corners or rb or tackles in this class is mind numbing

- I’ve already thought this very thing about this hire, and I’ve never wanted to be more wrong. Clearly, Elko was our 4th or 5th choice, but maybe we strike gold. With that being said he better get his ass in gear with recruiting elite talent. Even a 10–15 ranked class will get his ass kicked in the SEC

- Whelp bend over and grab your ankles because none of our defensive recruits are signing early

- Unless we get back to being competitive with the big dogs on NIL, it's Fran/Sherman recruiting years all over again.

- Dang, what a bunch of pussies. Y’all need to start drinking.

- We didn't have enough NIL money to get him - or many others we wanted.
But if Elko doesn't win big, the purse strings will stay closed.
Come on, BMAs. Pull your heads out quickly. This could set us back years.

- so all of a sudden we arent getting any NIL? We got kids leaving for more NIL and we are missing out on high profile recruits because we don’t have enough NIL. Talk about a reversal of fortunes. Last year we could hang with anyone. Fire an underachieving coach who was past his prime and all the money goes away.

- He wasn't coming to A&M, he was never coming to A&M and I never thought he was coming to A&M. Elko did a good job extending it this far, but it was always Texas.

- The tu NIL machine is running at 6000 rpms we appear to be sputtering along. Better be a helluva product on the field.

- Let’s refresh those quotes about how excited the recruits and current players were so pumped about elko!

- Wow. We really got some bitches here.
Here's a tidbit: Black wasn't coming to A&M even with Jimbo still here. Hope this helps soothes y'alls vaginas.

- Sling blade strikes again. Probably didn't even reach out

- Having said that, I was pissed when they took Anthony Hill from us last year. And Malik Jefferson. Those were tough

- These talking points will be used often in 2026 or so when we inevitably wonder how we didn’t see this coming.

- To be fair, we haven’t been relevant since the 90s and haven’t won a championship since the Great Depression.

- Negativity feels like the appropriate resting emotion.

- Check Ole Miss recruiting the last 4 years
Maybe had one class in the top 15 and Kiffin competes and has beat our Ass

- Mike elko generated no excitement in our current players, recruits, or boosters.
He was a fall (way) back option that checked the boxes of being not Jimbo and not stoops.
If there’s a silver lining, it’s that you’ll get very familiar with the best way to/from and things to do in/around the texas bowl by the time he’s done.

Hope this helps.

Also:

- We're idiots who have wasted a 10 year head start with jack $hit to show for it.
Right now we should be spending out the wazzoo to get great players via NIL before it gets more regulated. If we can win now (2024) we can regain momentum as a program. We are going to get punked at home by the sips next year who have a great chance at a natty now.

- I don’t know what to say anymore

- Would be nice to have old College football back-hate the control factor (of course good ole boys have screwed things up for decades). Hopefully the coaching can stand out with 3 stars.

- All of this lends credence to the narrative that there is a group of BMAs who were really looking forward to taking deep, deep breaths while sticking their noses up Stoops' ass and who are now taking their ball and going home to sulk because his hiring was torpedoed by a bunch of nobodies. I can almost hear them muttering, "Do you know who I am?"

- And Nero watched as Rome burned. A little over dramatic, but it did come to mind. Next few weeks will be telling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News