Liberal Rep. Ritchie Torres speaks truth about Israel . . .

HllCountryHorn

Unofficial history mod
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2010
Gets it. Preach it far and wide brother:

“Homophobic haters like Mehdi Hasan will attempt to define me in the hopes of defaming me. Let me take a moment to define who I am in relation to Israel.

I am a liberal Zionist to the core. I believe Israel should exist as a Jewish State and should be strong enough to defend itself from threats like the Islamic Republic of Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Houthis and secure enough to prevent repeats of terror attacks like October 7th and the Second Intifada. I want Israel to survive and thrive as both a Jewish and a democratic state, overcoming challenges from the far left who threaten the former and from the far right who threaten the latter. I want there to be an abiding peace between Israelis and Palestinians, and I want the Palestinians to ultimately have a demilitarized state of their own that lives nonviolently with the Jewish State. I dream of an Abrahamic world where Jews, Christians, and Muslims coexist in peace and prosperity, embracing our common heritage as the children of Abraham.

I am a critic of the modern Free Palestine movement insofar as it seeks the destruction of Israel as a Jewish State; insofar as it embraces violence as a means of achieving that end; insofar as Free Palestine shows no interest in freeing Palestinians from Hamas. I am clear-eyed enough to see the need for not only for a demilitarization of Gaza, with Hamas removed from power and brought to justice, but also the need for a deeper de-radicalization that sets the stage for a sustainable Israeli-Palestinian peace.

That, in a nutshell, is what I believe.”

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.