ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorns problem isnt YOUTH !! Tcu plays an entire defense of freshmen and walk-ons !!

TechPlayah

Jun 8, 2006
Longhorns problem isnt YOUTH ladies and gentlemen !! Not hardly !! Tcu plays an entire 11 man defense with all kiddies who were all playing 2A and 3A High School football this time last year. 8 of the Tcu starters yesterday were 3rd string true freshman coming out of Tcu Fall Football Camp just a few short months ago, but due to massive numbers of injuries on defense, they were thrown into starting positions. 2 of the starters yesterday were walk-ons and non-scholarship players. One 168 pound walk-on safety (who was a starter in the UT game but had quit the team because he was 4th string) quit the team and was asked to come back after one week due to injuries.

The Tcu defense is the youngest bunch of High Schoolers and scrubs Tcu has ever had and the worst talent level ever on defense since Patterson has been there as Head Coach. And yet they held a UT offense to just 7 points in a 50-7 rout. And the 7 points that UT scored (with just 5 minutes left in the game) came against the current 3rd string defense who were in the game in garbage time to relieve the starters. The defense in the game when Texas scored their TD were all 4th and 5th stringers coming out of Tcu Fall Football Camp a few months ago.

Seriously, folks, there is something horribly wrong with UT football. I think it is the fact that CS cant coach at this level. The UT special teams prove it. They are a complete and utter joke and clearly the UT Coaching Staff has ignored that very important facet of the game. Foolish and incompetent are the words I would use to describe the UT Coaching Staff.

Take a good look at what incredibly inferior talentTcu used to beat (horsewhip) far superior UT talent, with.

TCU FOOTBALL STARTERS LOST SO FAR THIS SEASON
DEFENSE

1) DE Taua (1st string All Conf senior coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
2) DE McFarland (All Conf senior and Big 12 sack leader and alternating starter coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON - WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
(3rd string true freshman who played 1A football this time last yr is now the starter)

4) LB Freeze (1st string coming out of Fall Camp) - QUIT TEAM AND OUT FOR SEASON
5) LB Douglas (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON - WIOLL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
(4rd string true freshman safety who played 2A football this time last yr is now the starter, and he is a converted safety who has never played LB before - his 2nd string backup is now a 190 lb walkon who runs a 4.9 forty and played rugby in High School)

6) S Iloka (1st string senior coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON AND WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
7) S Orr (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
(168 lb 4th string walk-on soph who didnt play HS football is now the starting free safety)

8) DT Pierson (1st string senior All Conf DT coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
9) DT Lathan (2nd string senior Hon Mention Preseason All Conf DT coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED
(248 pound 3rd string DT is now the starter)

10) CB Texada (1st string All Conf CB coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON
11) CB Mosely (highly touted 2nd string soph CB coming out of Fall Camp) INJURED AND OUT 3 GAMES
(starter is alternating between 2 true freshman who never played college football before and a JC transfer - all of whom were 3rd or 4th string coming out of Tcu Fall Football Camp this yr)

12) LB Summers (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - BENCHED AFTER SMU GAME
13) LB Whitmill (3rd string coming out of Fall Camp) - MOVED TO FULLBACK DUE TO INJURY AT FB
(starter is now a 188 lb true freshman who is playing LB at a shocking low weight and is the lightest LB in the entire Big 12. He was 4th string coming out of Fall Camp. His 2nd string backup was 6th string true freshman walk on coming out of Fall Camp)

14) CB Orr (1st string coming out of Fall Camp - moved to Safety in emergency move) - INJURED
15) CB OMeally (2nd string coming out of Fall camp) - INJURED AND OUT 3 GAMES
(starter is now a true freshman who had offers only from PRARIE VIEW and TCU and was 4th string out of Fall Camp, and was converted to CB from WR and has never played CB before)

OFFENSE
1) WR Gray (Preseason All Conf senior Slot receiver who was ranked the 10th fastest player in all of college football by ESPN) - OUT FOR SEASON AND WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
2) WR Porter (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
(replacement is 156 lb true freshman)

3) WR Slanina (1st string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON - WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT YR
4) WR Pettis-Wilson (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - OUT DISCPLINARY REASONS FOR 4 GAMES
(starter is true freshman who had no other offers except Tcu and Sul Ross State)

5) WR Listenbee (1st string out of Fall Camp and senior All Conf WR who is currently the #1 fastest player in all of college football (by ESPN) and is the current 100 meter NCAA track champion) - OUT FOR 5 GAMES
6) WR McBride (2nd string WR out of Fall Camp) - OUT FOR SEASON
(starter is true freshman who was 4th string in Fall Camp and played QB in High School)

Reactions: ifpk454
and this collection of Tcu total SCRUBS...........not only beat.....but.......dominated .......the Longhorns, and made UT a laughingstock.

How ? Seriously. How is it even possible for undersized true freshmen who novody wanted.......to humiliate so many 4 and 5 star elite Longhorn players ? I honesty dont get this.

The Safety who knocked the poop out of highly touted 4 star UT WR Daje Johnson and hit him so hard he fumbled and knocked him unconscious was a 2 star recruit who had offers from just Tcu and Austin Peay College. As I recall, Johnson got his buttt clocked so hard he never returned to the game and he may be out for the next 2-3 games besides. Wow. Just wow.

Daje Johnson as you may recall, during his recruitment, he originally committed to Tcu then switched to UT at the last second before signing day. You may also recall that he was incredibly rude to Tcu Coach Patterson when Patterson tried to visit him at his home the day prior to signing day. As I recall Johnson told Patterson to get lost, (in an extremely rude manner and then laughed about it on his Twitter) and it was a big story at the time. I wonder what Johnson's thoughts are now and if he is still laughing today ?

Last edited:
The TCU defense got lit up last week. Youth is a problem for them. Difference is they have a vet offense to cover. Texas doesn't

Longhorns problem isnt YOUTH ladies and gentlemen !! Not hardly !! Tcu plays an entire 11 man defense with all kiddies who were all playing 2A and 3A High School football this time last year. 8 of the Tcu starters yesterday were 3rd string true freshman coming out of Tcu Fall Football Camp just a few short months ago, but due to massive numbers of injuries on defense, they were thrown into starting positions. 2 of the starters yesterday were walk-ons and non-scholarship players. One 168 pound walk-on safety (who was a starter in the UT game but had quit the team because he was 4th string) quit the team and was asked to come back after one week due to injuries.

The Tcu defense is the youngest bunch of High Schoolers and scrubs Tcu has ever had and the worst talent level ever on defense since Patterson has been there as Head Coach. And yet they held a UT offense to just 7 points in a 50-7 rout. And the 7 points that UT scored (with just 5 minutes left in the game) came against the current 3rd string defense who were in the game in garbage time to relieve the starters. The defense in the game when Texas scored their TD were all 4th and 5th stringers coming out of Tcu Fall Football Camp a few months ago.

Seriously, folks, there is something horribly wrong with UT football. I think it is the fact that CS cant coach at this level. The UT special teams prove it. They are a complete and utter joke and clearly the UT Coaching Staff has ignored that very important facet of the game. Foolish and incompetent are the words I would use to describe the UT Coaching Staff.

Take a good look at what incredibly inferior talentTcu used to beat (horsewhip) far superior UT talent, with.

TCU FOOTBALL STARTERS LOST SO FAR THIS SEASON
DEFENSE

1) DE Taua (1st string All Conf senior coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
2) DE McFarland (All Conf senior and Big 12 sack leader and alternating starter coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON - WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
(3rd string true freshman who played 1A football this time last yr is now the starter)

4) LB Freeze (1st string coming out of Fall Camp) - QUIT TEAM AND OUT FOR SEASON
5) LB Douglas (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON - WIOLL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
(4rd string true freshman safety who played 2A football this time last yr is now the starter, and he is a converted safety who has never played LB before - his 2nd string backup is now a 190 lb walkon who runs a 4.9 forty and played rugby in High School)

6) S Iloka (1st string senior coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON AND WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
7) S Orr (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
(168 lb 4th string walk-on soph who didnt play HS football is now the starting free safety)

8) DT Pierson (1st string senior All Conf DT coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
9) DT Lathan (2nd string senior Hon Mention Preseason All Conf DT coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED
(248 pound 3rd string DT is now the starter)

10) CB Texada (1st string All Conf CB coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON
11) CB Mosely (highly touted 2nd string soph CB coming out of Fall Camp) INJURED AND OUT 3 GAMES
(starter is alternating between 2 true freshman who never played college football before and a JC transfer - all of whom were 3rd or 4th string coming out of Tcu Fall Football Camp this yr)

12) LB Summers (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - BENCHED AFTER SMU GAME
13) LB Whitmill (3rd string coming out of Fall Camp) - MOVED TO FULLBACK DUE TO INJURY AT FB
(starter is now a 188 lb true freshman who is playing LB at a shocking low weight and is the lightest LB in the entire Big 12. He was 4th string coming out of Fall Camp. His 2nd string backup was 6th string true freshman walk on coming out of Fall Camp)

14) CB Orr (1st string coming out of Fall Camp - moved to Safety in emergency move) - INJURED
15) CB OMeally (2nd string coming out of Fall camp) - INJURED AND OUT 3 GAMES
(starter is now a true freshman who had offers only from PRARIE VIEW and TCU and was 4th string out of Fall Camp, and was converted to CB from WR and has never played CB before)

OFFENSE
1) WR Gray (Preseason All Conf senior Slot receiver who was ranked the 10th fastest player in all of college football by ESPN) - OUT FOR SEASON AND WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT SEASON
2) WR Porter (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT 4 GAMES
(replacement is 156 lb true freshman)

3) WR Slanina (1st string coming out of Fall Camp) - INJURED AND OUT FOR SEASON - WILL REDSHIRT AND RETURN NEXT YR
4) WR Pettis-Wilson (2nd string coming out of Fall Camp) - OUT DISCPLINARY REASONS FOR 4 GAMES
(starter is true freshman who had no other offers except Tcu and Sul Ross State)

5) WR Listenbee (1st string out of Fall Camp and senior All Conf WR who is currently the #1 fastest player in all of college football (by ESPN) and is the current 100 meter NCAA track champion) - OUT FOR 5 GAMES
6) WR McBride (2nd string WR out of Fall Camp) - OUT FOR SEASON
(starter is true freshman who was 4th string in Fall Camp and played QB in High School)
Interesting info,since you have few postings,where is your source of information??You sound like A TCU fan who just wants to show how great TCU is this year.Please just gloat about yesterday,I will take the 62-22-1 record between the schools,favoring Texas.

Last edited:
Look Mack went 9-4 and 8-5 his last 2 years. Strong has gone 6-7 and is more than likely 1-5 after this weekend. Your team is in total disarray. Strong demoted his OC's after the 3rd game of the year and replaced them with a guy who proved the last couple of years that he has no business callin plays in this league. If UT gets throttled this weekend, Strong may be forced to demote his DC who has a done horrible job. I was assured by many on here that Strong is the guy in charge of the defense and is having all the say so. Well Strong needs to act then. At this point Strong is Muschamp. A good DC when surrounded with great talent. A DC in way over his head as a head coach and it is very apparent.

Look Mack went 9-4 and 8-5 his last 2 years. Strong has gone 6-7 and is more than likely 1-5 after this weekend. Your team is in total disarray. Strong demoted his OC's after the 3rd game of the year and replaced them with a guy who proved the last couple of years that he has no business callin plays in this league. If UT gets throttled this weekend, Strong may be forced to demote his DC who has a done horrible job. I was assured by many on here that Strong is the guy in charge of the defense and is having all the say so. Well Strong needs to act then. At this point Strong is Muschamp. A good DC when surrounded with great talent. A DC in way over his head as a head coach and it is very apparent.

I agree

I just confirmed this roster info with my younger cousin who is a freshman baseball player at tcu. He said "why do you think I called you before the game telling you how thin we were on defense?".

Now this is embarrassing.

Reactions: Belldozer1
The TCU defense got lit up last week. Youth is a problem for them. Difference is they have a vet offense to cover. Texas doesn't

The point is that UTs 4 and 5 star offensive players couldnt beat a ragtag selection of freshmen just out of High School kiddies who are 3rd and 4th string total scrubs. In other words, the UT offense couldnt score against Tcu's 4th string players. That my friend is a very serious serious problem, no matter how you choose to spin it in illogical and excuse-making ways.

And the Texas Tech game has no bearing on UTs inept coaching, total and complete offensive failure, special team execution, and defensive foolishness.

I really hate to say this because I love Charlie Strong and I love everything he stands for, but the guy is just a terrible Coach. He doesnt know how to teach fundamentals, and he doesnt have the technical expertise to compete against STOOPS, PATTERSON, and BRILES. He just doesnt.

Prime example #1 : Everyone on planet Earth who knows anything about football knew that STRONG had to find a way to contain Tcu's All American WR Josh Doctson. Not only did they not do that, but Doctson singlehandedly put this game out of reach in the first QTR with 2 TD catches and two other big gainers that broke the back of UT and essentially ended the game after QTR # 1. What kind of Coach doesnt double cover Doctson !!?? I mean Geeezzz !! Even the announcers on the national TV telecast said laughingly about the Longhorns (after Doctson's second TD and after the umpteenth time Doctson got loose and was wide open for yet another big gain) "Hey Charlie, you might want to actually cover # 9, the All American, who has been wide open all day" (as they both then laughed and chuckled out loud, on the air, about the utter foolishness and stupidty of the Longhorns defense).

Prime example #2 : All observers and even all the talking heads also knew that Tcu's Kevonte Turpin is a game breaker and cannot be covered by a slow LB or DE, yet that is exactly what UT did, which resulted in an avalanche of 4 TDs for true freshman Turpin which is now the # 1 national record for TDs for a true freshman, in all of college football. Turpin made the 5 star LB (Jefferson) look completely inept in pass coverage and Turpin made numerous 4 and 5 star UT DBs and LBs look really stupid. PJ LOCKE (a UT defensive back) got so turned inside out by Turpin on a TD catch and run that Turpin made, that the foolishness and ineptitude of LOCKE on that TD run is now a video on YouTube. (the 152 pound Turpin by the way, had no other offers from any college out of HS and he played 1A football this time last year in a very small town in Louisiana)

Conclusion: STRONGs game planning is highly questionable and his ability to coach even the most basic fundamentals is highly suspect.

With this kind of team performance and this kind of horrid play on both sides of the ball, every team in the Big 12 not named Kansas will be favored to win vs Longhorns this season. And..........the answer isnt in your QB, Heard. Tcu easily nullified everything he tried to do. The answer is in coaching and you aint got none right now.

Last edited:
I just confirmed this roster info with my younger cousin who is a freshman baseball player at tcu. He said "why do you think I called you before the game telling you how thin we were on defense?".

Now this is embarrassing.

Yeab Clob i had posted on another thread saying what Patterson said at halftime about how many freshman they play. He said its not an excuse and its his job to get them ready to play.

Patterson stated privately after the game yesterday to a small group of fans and family, that he not only just beat the 4 and 5 star recruit Longhorns, but he beat them with his 1 star recruit, 4th string, freshman, scout team, scrub defense. He will never say that publicly though, and he told everyone there (laughingly) to not quote him, or he will deny it.

Patterson stated privately after the game yesterday to a small group of fans and family, that he not only just beat the 4 and 5 star recruit Longhorns, but he beat them with his 1 star recruit, 4th string, freshman, scout team, scrub defense. He will never say that publicly though, and he told everyone there (laughingly) to not quote him, or he will deny it.

Troll enough?

and this collection of Tcu total SCRUBS...........not only beat.....but.......dominated .......the Longhorns, and made UT a laughingstock.

How ? Seriously. How is it even possible for undersized true freshmen who novody wanted.......to humiliate so many 4 and 5 star elite Longhorn players ? I honesty dont get this.

The Safety who knocked the poop out of highly touted 4 star UT WR Daje Johnson and hit him so hard he fumbled and knocked him unconscious was a 2 star recruit who had offers from just Tcu and Austin Peay College. As I recall, Johnson got his buttt clocked so hard he never returned to the game and he may be out for the next 2-3 games besides. Wow. Just wow.

Daje Johnson as you may recall, during his recruitment, he originally committed to Tcu then switched to UT at the last second before signing day. You may also recall that he was incredibly rude to Tcu Coach Patterson when Patterson tried to visit him at his home the day prior to signing day. As I recall Johnson told Patterson to get lost, (in an extremely rude manner and then laughed about it on his Twitter) and it was a big story at the time. I wonder what Johnson's thoughts are now and if he is still laughing today ?
So all this info you are blessing us with about Tcu having 2nd string and 3rd string all over the field vs the big mighty UT who had nothing but sr veterans? What the hell are you smoking? UT had a Fr covering Dotson, advantage Tcu. QB, advantage Tcu. I can go down the list if you want to. Let's look at the Defense. UT has 3 Fr corners, a Fr saf. 2 Fr LB's starting and not including the ones that played in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Offense, Fr QB, So RB, Fr WR and 2 FR OL. Don't come on here talking about Dotson balling out of control against a Fr CB who started his first game. For you to come here talking about Johnson getting hurt is sad. Anybody can get hurt on that play. Let you get on the field and get pop like that. You probably still be in the stadium right now. I don't down on kids who get hurt no matter what school they go to even if it's aggy but i do talk down on those who talk like they can do better and they make fun of kids injuries. Now, go run back to your site and finish jerking some more

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT