ADVERTISEMENT

Lost to Navy and SMU

Houston's 2 losses are overshadowed by beating every ranked team on the schedule in a dominating fashion, including the Heisman front runner. Has Strong ever done that?
playing well in the big games hasn't really been Strongs issue. It's been letting games he should win slip away. I mean if he would of beaten cal and KSU his future wouldn't be in doubt.

playing well in the big games hasn't really been Strongs issue. It's been letting games he should win slip away. I mean if he would of beaten cal and KSU his future wouldn't be in doubt.
Over 7 seasons, Strong is 7-11 vs ranked teams (as a head coach). That is a 39% winning percentage in "big games."

Reactions: hookem3434
Over 7 seasons, Strong is 7-11 vs ranked teams (as a head coach). That is a 39% winning percentage in "big games."
That's not all coaching though. Sometimes the ranked team is just more talented. Especially in Strongs first year. I know people don't beleive this but sometimes your roster has more to do with how good you are than coaching.

Bama and Ohio state are consistently #1 and #2 the last 5-6 years. It's not a coincidence that they are also #1 and #2 on signing day in February to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT