ADVERTISEMENT

LSU-Bama game - my thoughts from being there

majormadrid

Winners 4get theyre in a race, they just luv2run
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2021
Went to the game last night in Baton Rogue. A good buddy of mine is an LSU grad and gave me the grand tour.

1) DKR noise very comparable to Death Valley noise. This whole SEC atmosphere is simply on another level thing is pure baloney. And while the “L-S-U” chant is pretty cool, it pales to “Texas Fight.”

2) LSU’s pregame traditions are eerily similar to ours. The band and cheerleaders and players all walk down the street in parade fashion a few hours before the game. They have live music across the stadium before kickoff. Before the players come out of the tunnel they do a montage of LSU greats and historic big plays. I will say that Bevo Blvd clearly outclasses all the fanfare and pageantry of LSU’s pregame.

3) LSU tailgating (as expected) was intensively seafood and Cajun-fare driven. Superb stuff.

4) They have 3 mini Jumbotrons around the stadium. I’d take our 1 Jumbotron over their 3 seven days a week. Very hard to see and comically small for 105k capacity.

5) The city of Baton Rouge itself made me miss the Austin of yesterday. A “college town” in the truest sense of the concept.

6) Harold Perkins is an absolute freak. Seeing him explode and maneuver at field level as a true fosh was a treat. Future nfl lottery pick no question.

7) Wore my Texas gear and many Tigers said many nice things to me unsolicited. The main vibe was they’re super excited to start playing us on the regular.

8) Seeing their live tiger in their den across the stadium was pretty amazing.

9) The LSU campus is eerily similar to the 40 acres in terms of aesthetics and layout and the natural landscape. They also have a tower but it’s a blip compared to ours. Their bookstore was pretty incredible.

10) Can’t wait to go back when Texas is in the conference. Elite game day experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News