ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs OU

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
OU Really gonna get their asses kicked now, LSU D is Bad! Burrows will win that trophy in Style now and shut Bell's ass up!

Peach Bowl: No. 1 LSU (13-0) vs. No. 4 Oklahoma (12-1)
It’s a meeting of the offensive minds in the Peach Bowl. No. 1 LSU’s offense has been transformed thanks to the flexibility of offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger after the arrival of passing game coordinator Joe Brady. Oklahoma’s offense has been one of the most explosive in college football since coach Lincoln Riley came to Norman to be an offensive coordinator for former coach Bob Stoops.

Burrow has thrown for 4,366 yards and 44 touchdowns while completing over 78 percent of his passes. Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire has rushed for 1,233 yards on nearly seven yards a carry and has scored 16 touchdowns. Both Justin Jefferson and Ja’Marr Chase have over 1,000 yards receiving.

The Tigers are averaging nearly 45 points per game, the third-highest mark in the country.

Oklahoma is the lowest-scoring playoff team. Though that’s relative. Oklahoma comes in at No. 7 in scoring offense in 2019 and is averaging 41 points per game. The Sooners are led by former Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts, who transferred to Norman as a grad transfer after the 2018 season. Hurts has completed 72 percent of his passes for 3.347 yards and 31 touchdowns while also rushing for 1,217 yards and 18 touchdowns. He’s got a chance to finish second to Burrow in the Heisman voting, though a spate of late-season turnovers may derail his chances at finishing as the runner-up.

LSU has the defensive edge, though Oklahoma’s unit has improved from where it was a year ago. The Sooners are giving up 10 fewer points per game in 2019 than they did in 2018. But the mark of 23 points allowed per game ranks outside the top 40.

The Tigers are giving up just over 20 points per game, a number that’s come down over the last two weeks. LSU allowed just seven points in the regular season finale against Texas A&M and 10 points to Georgia.

Reactions: Lampasas
Yep FB we are probably going to lose our bowl game as would the horns. However it has been a great season for Sooner fans! How has y’all’s season been. Cheers to you and Stranger. Looking forward to next year when we both have total resets.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
OU matches up well FB. It’ll be a good game

Well, LSU QB's gonna be your test! Ya'll not playing Baylor ya know..and their Rb's are fast and the D is 5 times better than Baylors or TCU..and they don't quit last Quarter like the rest, ya'll got ya work cut out but, I doubt you will win, it will be close game or they gonna teach ya to Fuvk with Cajuns..LOL

Yep FB we are probably going to lose our bowl game as would the horns. However it has been a great season for Sooner fans! How has y’all’s season been. Cheers to you and Stranger. Looking forward to next year when we both have total resets.

Well, we'll see what happens, been a bad yr for the Horns and the future uncertain, we did good till after LSU, we got to find that what we lost and move on..me and Sranger drank more beer this yr than we did with Strong...LOL!

This will be the best offense LSU has seen all year. Had Tua been healthy, Alabama could have made a case for that-- alas, Tua wasn't a 100%. But regardless, OU and their offense should be healthy and should put some P's on the B. I will caution you--- prior to the Texas v LSU game I warned everybody to keep an eye on LSU's freshman DB----#24. That kid is a full grown man now. Whatever you do, don't throw it at that kid. He's a fvcking freak.

It'll be an interesting game. I will say I'd like our chance much better with Mayfield or Murray under center with our improved defense but Hurts is the guy and hopefully he can play a heck of a game and no pick 6's and no turnovers. If that happens we have a chance but Burrow is damn good.

One thing I'll say about Riley's teams compared to some of Stoops, Riley's team continue to fight and play so I don't think you'll see any kind of a Stoops blowout bowl game.

Last edited:
LSU is a 13 point favorite. The over under is 72. So a 42-29 or 43-30 is the predicted score. I do see OU putting points on the board but LSU just has so many weapons. The OU D will have to play the game of their lives just to stay in it. LSU has world class speed. They have done nothing but improve since Texas played them in September. Texas has done nothing but regress since then. Had Texas buil off that LSU loss and continued to push forward as a team, we'd be 10-2 right now and looking at a sugar Bowl rematch with Georgia. But we are a rudderless ship, staring into the abyss and probably going to replace our coach next year. Best we can hope for is for the defense to get our walking wounded ready to go and give them a run for their money.

Well, LSU QB's gonna be your test! Ya'll not playing Baylor ya know..and their Rb's are fast and the D is 5 times better than Baylors or TCU..and they don't quit last Quarter like the rest, ya'll got ya work cut out but, I doubt you will win, it will be close game or they gonna teach ya to Fuvk with Cajuns..LOL

How many Shiners FB? lol. I'm not an OU fan for goodness sakes.

This will be the best offense LSU has seen all year. Had Tua been healthy, Alabama could have made a case for that-- alas, Tua wasn't a 100%. But regardless, OU and their offense should be healthy and should put some P's on the B. I will caution you--- prior to the Texas v LSU game I warned everybody to keep an eye on LSU's freshman DB----#24. That kid is a full grown man now. Whatever you do, don't throw it at that kid. He's a fvcking freak.
I fully believe he could play in the NFL right now.

LSU will beat the spread. The way the LSU defense played in the past two games, gave up 7 to Aggies and 10 to Georgia. OU should score at most 27 and LSU will be well above 40.

Not sure why Texas isn't going after Emsinger from LSU. Everyone is talking about Joe Brady, he's not calling the plays. He has even made the comment that Emsinger is the one that deserves the credit for his success.

I think Burrow being as good of a passer as he is(accuracy, good decisions), is making their staff look better than they are. Granted I'll give Brady his just due but I'm not sold on him being as good as advertised with just one year under his belt. Expect a big drop-off next year from LSU imo.

If you look at his resume, it's really not impressive. He obviously knew someone to get on with a pro team. Here's his coaching resume: Coached Linebackers at Williams & Mary, 2013-14; Grad Assistant at Penn State 2015-16; Offensive Assistant for New Orleans Saints 2017-18; Passing game Coordinator/Wr's coach LSU 2019.

Based on how they played the Horns, looks to me like Baylor's D is 5 x better than LSU's. But LSU offense much better. Don't expect OU to win but didn't when OU played Alabama as a 16 point dog in the Sugar Bowl some years ago. OU D gives us some hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT