ADVERTISEMENT

Maalik Murphey

hookem777

Dec 13, 2011
All you gentlemen who have been screaming/chanting for MM to take over...well here you go. Hope he does well and lights it up but for those thinking we will now be running a dual threat RPO off the option offense i have bad news for you. MM is the least mobile QB in our room and as far as passing he was a 60% passer in Highschool at best... I really hope this kid does well because that means the success for Texas Football but i truly believe we will miss QE within 2 weeks.

My question is..how short of a leash does Sark have on him before throwing Manning out there. (Which i dont want)

Unfortunately, hookem, there are more questions than answers about what lies ahead for Texas with MM at the controls. A positive spin is that MM will at the very least have the benefit of a decent OL, very good skill positions and a good defense around him. A luxury that Quinn, Card, Thompson, Ehlinger, and Buchele never had at Texas (all at once). A pretty sucky reality of our beloved program.

Reactions: hookem777
Unfortunately, hookem, there are more questions than answers about what lies ahead for Texas with MM at the controls. A positive spin is that MM will at the very least have the benefit of a decent OL, very good skill positions and a good defense around him. A luxury that Quinn, Card, Thompson, Ehlinger, and Buchele never had at Texas (all at once). A pretty sucky reality of our beloved program.
Nobody will have film on him. We can ambush people for a few weeks.

Nobody will have film on him. We can ambush people for a few weeks.
Like 2300 was saying, hopefully we’ll run the ball more. Texas actually moves the ball on the ground decently when they are patient.

Reactions: Archmadness
the problem with MM is that he is injured. I hear he would not have been used at all except for emergency. The kid is injured more than Whit the first 2 years he was here.

Manning should be getting lots of reps because he is now plan B....and may in fact be plan A if Murphy cant go.

Depth is a great thing....until you have to use it.

....and....MM will be doing no running if he is in there

Reactions: hookem777
Like the fact that Maalik could have easily flown the coup when Manning committed!

the problem with MM is that he is injured. I hear he would not have been used at all except for emergency. The kid is injured more than Whit the first 2 years he was here.

Manning should be getting lots of reps because he is now plan B....and may in fact be plan A if Murphy cant go.

Depth is a great thing....until you have to use it.

....and....MM will be doing no running if he is in there
What's Murphys latest injury? Hadn't heard.

MM was injured in practice prior to the UH game. Some insiders were surprised that he was put in the game.
I do not know what injury he has. I am getting concerned that he is made of glass.
That may limit his running, then. I just hope the byu game is under control and that Manning and/or Wright sees some quality play.
🤘🤘

Malik is perfect for play action. He has a rocket arm.... so send receivers deep and stretch the field. Go deep or run. If Malik can hit 50% deep balls off play action, we win.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Malik is perfect for play action. He has a rocket arm.... so send receivers deep and stretch the field. Go deep or run. If Malik can hit 50% deep balls off play action, we win.
yup, have to run the ball over and over with success and get teams out of the 3 deep like they did against Ewers though. Other wise we're fked

we maybe looking at a brand new offense here.

He doesn't run anyways...dudes the slowest guy in the QB room
Tebow wasn’t fast but he was a tank. MM is 6’6” and weighs around 260. NOBODY not wearing a 90 number wants to tackle that 10 to 15 times per game. He’s not gonna be VY but he doesn’t have to be. He just needs to be a threat to go to keep this offense moving on schedule.

The important thing is that everybody has to be patient in he first 3-4 series. I think our defense is good enough to keep us in the game. If anybody on the coaching staff panics or gets impatient, it will be a long ugly game. If I am the coaches, in addition to the coaches telling the team in general, I am having a meeting with my senior leadership players about making sure everybody focuses on doing their job and STAY PATIENT and to disseminate that message on down to rest of the team.

Reactions: freeper
The important thing is that everybody has to be patient in he first 3-4 series. I think our defense is good enough to keep us in the game. If anybody on the coaching staff panics or gets impatient, it will be a long ugly game. If I am the coaches, in addition to the coaches telling the team in general, I am having a meeting with my senior leadership players about making sure everybody focuses on doing their job and STAY PATIENT and to disseminate that message on down to rest of the team.
run run run run run run run run , play action run run run screen run run run run play action run screen run run run

something like that?

Reactions: freeper
run run run run run run run run , play action run run run screen run run run run play action run screen run run run

something like that?
Receivers can't loaf. They need to hit it every play, pull those safeties off the RB's.

MM will be on a short leash. They didn’t spend 750k on a Manning recruiting trip to have him sit there if a QB isn’t performing

MM will be on a short leash. They didn’t spend 750k on a Manning recruiting trip to have him sit there if a QB isn’t performing
meh Mannings want Arched redshirted...HOWEVER. After BYU im pretty sure Arch can start the rest of the year and still redshirt. So theirs that.

Run crossing routes underneath like Houston did us . Come out 5 wide they would never expect it .Get the ball out quickly to avoid getting him hit. Or a ton of Wildcat with Savion Red . Wishbone with Brooks , Baxter, Blue . Just a few ideas to protect Maalik. More than likely we will just run our backs into a stacked box because we have 0 imagination and lord forbid we do anything to surprise an opponent. Let’s see what the genius playcaller comes up with.. Hookem anyway !!

Sark will ruin Manningif he throws him in there, then he Will transfer, there’s a reason his family wants him redshirted, he’s nowhere near ready and the mouth breather fans will eat him alive first game he loses

Reactions: westx
Sark will ruin Manningif he throws him in there, then he Will transfer, there’s a reason his family wants him redshirted, he’s nowhere near ready and the mouth breather fans will eat him alive first game he loses
He'll get a hall pass for 2 games because of his last name. He didn't show up day 1 in a limo...... like somebody else did...

• Wow
Reactions: StainedOrange
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT