ADVERTISEMENT

Maalik Murphy

The trend seems to be declaring transfer portal but they still stay until the season ends. So I’m ignorant on this. Does he stay as QB2 in the CFP or does he leave? My assumption is he stays because who in their world gives up and moves on when a ring and history is at hand?

ESPN reported that he won’t be with the team for the CFP.

Duke, Baylor and Oregon State will be Maalik’s first visits reportedly. All 3 places where he would be THE guy

Duke, Baylor and Oregon State will be Maalik’s first visits reportedly. All 3 places where he would be THE guy
Oregon St is without a conference..he should go to Baylor and win the big 12 for them next year.

Going into the SEC the first year with a 3rd year starting QB and returning 4 of our 5 offensive lineman is about as good of a scenario as we could have hoped fo

Oregon St is without a conference..he should go to Baylor and win the big 12 for them next year.
He could win at Baylor but it's hard for qb to be good when the receivers can't catch and the rbs can't run.

How does Manny Diaz get so many chances. I am seeing he is the new Duke coach. Good grief. Rick Neuheisal now has company in being the worst retread coaches that kept getting opportunities. Very dumb of Maalik to go to a Diaz coached team.

Reactions: diadevic
Diaz wasn't great at Miami but If you go back and look at his record he was probably one of the better coaches they have had since Butch Davis. Coker had a few good years, Randy Shannon wasn't great, Al Golden was a bit better, Richt had like one good year and Cristobal is like. 500. If Diaz repeats what he did at Miami and wins 7-8 games a year at Duke he can stay as long as he wants to.

Reactions: Etlonghorn
How does Manny Diaz get so many chances. I am seeing he is the new Duke coach. Good grief. Rick Neuheisal now has company in being the worst retread coaches that kept getting opportunities. Very dumb of Maalik to go to a Diaz coached team.
I don't give a damn where he goes I want him to be good. You know most of our transfers didn't do well. Utah had a couple I want him to be an exception.

I really liked Malik and always thought he might be one of the greats.......but then time went by...He was here two or was it three years and he was still considered a project in need of further development. I know he had that huge arm, but my goodness. If he was working with Sark (yeah, that same Sark that is thought of around college football as a QB whisperer) for all that time and he was still a project I have to think he simply did not have what it took. I wish him well, but I am glad he is no longer clogging our roster.

I think MM’s biggest issue was that he wasn’t healthy for a big chunk of his time here. He came in with an ankle injury that took almost 2 years to heal. Then he was banged up along the way from practices. I feel bad for the kid because the talent is there. He just seems to be injury prone. Maybe a change of scenery will help shake that bad juju he seems to be carrying around.

I just saw that Casey Cain is in the transfer portal. He made some plays when he got the ball and I think he can play. But this is his 4th year coming up and he's behind 2 very good te's. This really is the best thing for him and I hope he goes to a good team and a coach that can maximize his skills. Best of luck Casey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT