ADVERTISEMENT

Mack Brown

Hookedonit

Mar 21, 2018
His last 4 years was 30-23 and in conference was 18-17 . His overall record against top 20 teams was barely above .500 and against Top 10 had a losing record. Luckily had two of the greatest 4th quarter comeback artists in Vince and Colt or he would have been fired much sooner . He constantly out talented teams but rarely out coached any with and now we have Mack 2.0 aka Tommy Herman !

• Haha
Reactions: LongfellowDrew
Mack knew how to steer this big ass ship and hire good assistants which is 3/4 of the battle. The talent did the rest. Herman can't keep his team focused long enough to beat TCU.

now we have Mack 2.0 aka Tommy Herman !
Tom Herman is no Mack Brown. I don't get the Mack Brown disrespect. He was a very good coach, an absolute elite recruiter, and a decent enough guy. I just think you guys should be praying for another Mack Brown to come to Austin. Sure, he got old and tired at the end, but what a great run he had.

Just 2 cents from an Aggie, who hated it when Mack absolutely ran the state of Texas. And I never could even hate the guy as I should have. He seemed like a decent man, while he kicked my teams ass annually. He deserves a ton of respect imo.

Texas has a ton of advantages (not just $), but nearly as many egos that need handled properly. Which I always thought was Brown's gift. He made all the rich guys feel important for years and still won a lot. Not an easy thing to do.

How many Big 12 championships with the best talent in Texas ? Case closed !

Look at Texas's record since DKR left. If you take Mack Brown's tenure away, it looks like pretty much like any other middle of the road school. Seriously, go look. Akers was good for a few years, but was living off DKR's legend - but Akers had a couple real good teams before it got away from him. McWilliams was horrible. Mackovic had a couple good years, but he was nothing special. Strong was a joke. Hermam is perfectly meh. Mack was the man.

Last edited:
His last 4 years was 30-23 and in conference was 18-17 . His overall record against top 20 teams was barely above .500 and against Top 10 had a losing record. Luckily had two of the greatest 4th quarter comeback artists in Vince and Colt or he would have been fired much sooner . He constantly out talented teams but rarely out coached any with and now we have Mack 2.0 aka Tommy Herman !
You’re way off comparing Mack to TH. They aren’t even in the same stratosphere.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I abhor the Mack hate. Mack pulled us out of the doldrums of the 70's and 80s and made us a perinnial top 10 team and national title contender. we arent the most valuable cfb in the country without him. we can never pay mack back for what he did for this program and university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT