ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Jefferson says he had a 'great visit', likes Charlie Strong

Anwar Richardson

Staff
Apr 24, 2014
Poteet High linebacker Malik Jefferson spent the weekend at the University of Texas on an official visit, and there is a chance Austin can become his home next year.

I just got off the phone with Jefferson, who had nothing but positive things to say about his time on campus. He would not say how much of an impact the visit had on him, but you could tell the Longhorns left a good impression.

"It was a great visit," Jefferson said. "I enjoyed it. Just being around the coaches and players. It was fun. It was a fun experience."

Strong spent a lot of time around Jefferson during the visit, and the linebacker seemingly enjoyed the coach's personality.

"It felt like a regular visit because we always [talk]," Jefferson said. "He's always laid back, and it's that feeling where you're comfortable. The visit was fine."

That being said, Jefferson said he is working on setting up a visit with another school, but would not say which program had an interest in visiting (Jefferson is scheduled to visit UCLA next weekend).

I asked Jefferson if he was leaning in any direction after his visit, and it does not appear he is ready to throw up the Hook 'em Horns sign yet. However, Texas is still one of the school's Jefferson is considering.

"I've always been wide open," Jefferson said. "Nothing is going to change until I exactly know where I want to go."

This post was edited on 12/7 9:17 PM by Suchomel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News