ADVERTISEMENT

March madness is here!

Let the games begin. I'm picking Houston
On March 19, 2003- it was a Thursday. The first day of the NCAA tourney. Me and a couple of buddies were going to spend the ENTIRE day watching basketball because that year, we believed Texas was going to win it all behind TJ Ford. So we chose our 1st day venue very carefully. It had to be a place with HUGE wide-screen TVs. They had to serve good food. And we wanted drink specials as well. We wanted to have VIP seating and we wanted there to be some eye candy.

So naturally we chose the Yellow Rose. They opened early that day because the owner of the Yellow Rose (if you know, you know) was a MASSIVE longhorns fan.
So there we are, sipping on our first beers, chowing down on steak fajitas prepared by a chef that swears he once got to cook for the Queen of England, and enjoying the pre-game show while the very impressive morning crew of girls started arriving. (Especially Rio and Jenna)
And just as that first game kicked off... every channel goes black. And up pops George W Bush to let us know that he has released the hounds in Iraq. We spent the next 2 hours watching buildings go boom and Bagdad go dark. Operation Shock and Awe was underway.

I took ISU beating Houston in my bracket. With Tenn and AZ as the other two Final four participants.

This is one of the great days of the year. I've been whistling One Shining Moment all morning. In January I went to Vegas and put $100 on the Fighting Baylor Bears to win it all at 35-1. So my pick is easy: SIC'EM BEARS!!!

I took ISU beating Houston in my bracket. With Tenn and AZ as the other two Final four participants.
Look at the end of his time here he became first round Rick. If we get that far there's no reason to think we can't take him down.

On March 19, 2003- it was a Thursday. The first day of the NCAA tourney. Me and a couple of buddies were going to spend the ENTIRE day watching basketball because that year, we believed Texas was going to win it all behind TJ Ford. So we chose our 1st day venue very carefully. It had to be a place with HUGE wide-screen TVs. They had to serve good food. And we wanted drink specials as well. We wanted to have VIP seating and we wanted there to be some eye candy.

So naturally we chose the Yellow Rose. They opened early that day because the owner of the Yellow Rose (if you know, you know) was a MASSIVE longhorns fan.
So there we are, sipping on our first beers, chowing down on steak fajitas prepared by a chef that swears he once got to cook for the Queen of England, and enjoying the pre-game show while the very impressive morning crew of girls started arriving. (Especially Rio and Jenna)
And just as that first game kicked off... every channel goes black. And up pops George W Bush to let us know that he has released the hounds in Iraq. We spent the next 2 hours watching buildings go boom and Bagdad go dark. Operation Shock and Awe was underway.
Well did your end up going out with Rio and Jenna?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT