ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland vs TEXAS ** Game Thread **

I agree that we suck...but if you watch that Foreman TD catch again and dont say WOW!, I guess I dont know what a wow play is.
You thought that was a GREAT pass? GREAT catch? It was a good play. Not wow. Wow is going up in traffic and TAKING it.....one handed grab.......slobber knocker sack......91 yard punt return......DB tipping away the ball at the exact last second....

I thought Maryland looked faster than Texas.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
You thought that was a GREAT pass? GREAT catch? It was a good play. Not wow. Wow is going up in traffic and TAKING it.....one handed grab.......slobber knocker sack......91 yard punt return......DB tipping away the ball at the exact last second....

I thought Maryland looked faster than Texas.

We did look slow didn't we

Reactions: swVAHorn
We did look slow didn't we
Sure seemed like it to me. DB's were always a step or 4 away......the Maryland RB's and QB's would nearly always make the corner....We got NO pressure on their QB.....NO PUSH up front from our Dline....or Oline

I was very disappointed in this performance. I hope it is their worst game of the year.......I hope.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
I can take losing. I can't take POOR tackling.......busted assignments.......penalties....They didn't quit and they seemed to play hard....but not smart at all. Where was Roach? Is he still hurt? Hager was only for a few plays that I saw.........Playmakers are not making plays.

I can take losing. I can't take POOR tackling.......busted assignments.......penalties....They didn't quit and they seemed to play hard....but not smart at all. Where was Roach? Is he still hurt? Hager was only for a few plays that I saw.........Playmakers are not making plays.
Omenihu started over roach. But roach did play a little

Omenihu started over roach. But roach did play a little
I saw him once or twice....I hope it is because of injury because he made plays last year and I don't see how he could have regressed that much. Hager to. They were go getters last year as far as getting after the QB.

Let the hypocrisy begin.
I guess you thought Charlie was a good coach? He sucked and he instilled a losing stench in your program. It's one game. Charlie got 3 losing season and a 10 million buyout. Let that sink in Deej. It's one loss.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
Couple of things after a pretty shocking loss.

1. Their QB was pretty good... not Lamar Jackson good, but similar. MD will probably win a bunch of games this year, and it's not like you lost to UNT. A bad loss sure, but don't hit the panic button yet.

2. At this point, I have to think that its the player talent-level that's holding you back. That's crazy considering how easy it is for you to recruit, but I honestly think that you need more talent on the field.

and yes, I'm sure you guys will still probably beat us in the RRR game.. lol.. you always f it up for us one way or another.

I guess you thought Charlie was a good coach? He sucked and he instilled a losing stench in your program. It's one game. Charlie got 3 losing season and a 10 million buyout. Let that sink in Deej. It's one loss.

I have no problem with CS getting fired. However, you have spent the last 3 years saying that CS should be expected to win right away because he gets paid $5M.

Well guess what. If CS never for the state of the program he inherited, you can't give TH one either.

I think TH should be given time to implement his program. However, I thought CS should have gotten one as well. That's why I argued with people that wanted CS fired after his 1st game and would make the same argument with anyone calling for TH head now.

I have no problem with CS getting fired. However, you have spent the last 3 years saying that CS should be expected to win right away because he gets paid $5M.

Well guess what. If CS never for the state of the program he inherited, you can't give TH one either.

I think TH should be given time to implement his program. However, I thought CS should have gotten one as well. That's why I argued with people that wanted CS fired after his 1st game and would make the same argument with anyone calling for TH head now.
Correct all of us if we are wrong but didn't Texas give Strong 3 years? Did we miss something? And during his 3rd year he lost to Kansas. What do you think "giving someone a chance" is? 5 years? 6?

Correct all of us if we are wrong but didn't Texas give Strong 3 years? Did we miss something? And during his 3rd year he lost to Kansas. What do you think "giving someone a chance" is? 5 years? 6?

Texas gave CS 3 years, but there are people on this board that didn't. There are guys on this board calling for CS's head after the 1st game. Those same guys can't argue that TH gets 3 years when the situation TH inherited is infinitely better than the one CS did.

I'm not going to get in another argument with you about CS. I already agree with everyone that he should have gotten fired.

But I will go after the resident goner troll for being a hypocrite and anyone on here that asked for CS's head immediately and wants everyone to give TH time to implement his program.

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
Look, I agree with most of the opinions about yesterday's game.

But something has to be said about the officiating. In non con games the zebras are from the visiting team and in the case of yesterday's game that meant the little ten. I mean think about it. Three offensive pass interference penalt0ies in one game? Seriously? We probably didn't have three opi calls last season. Now all of a sudden Connor gets called for holding 3 times in one game. Seriously?Every flag those little ten zebras nullified a td or a first down. Maryland may have gotten as many flags as we did but only one was a 10÷ call.

Look in college fb non com games the zebras look out for their conference and they don't care that it's obvious that they are an x factor for their conference. As far as I'm concerned when TX, OSU,KSU,TCU,Baylor, go on the road the Big XII should officiate games with Big XII interests. I'm serious. Two can play this game. And since I'm talking about little ten zebras this is especially true when OK goes to tOSU next Saturday.

Think about it.

Last edited:
For goodness sake get a grip.
Get a grip? I am not calling for Herman's firing. I stated the TRUTH. we don't have the players to run the offense we are trying to run right now.....the defense DID miss tackles and DID blow assignments like crazy.

Where am I wrong?. You see the game? Did you think Texas ran a smooth offense? Did Texas have a defense that tackled well and did not miss assignments like crazy??

now the other guy saying Herman is not the answer needs to get a grip but don't put me in that group. I think Herman will get it done.

Get a grip? I am not calling for Herman's firing. I stated the TRUTH. we don't have the players to run the offense we are trying to run right now.....the defense DID miss tackles and DID blow assignments like crazy.

Where am I wrong?. You see the game? Did you think Texas ran a smooth offense? Did Texas have a defense that tackled well and did not miss assignments like crazy??

now the other guy saying Herman is not the answer needs to get a grip but don't put me in that group. I think Herman will get it done.

I was not referring to you swVA. I was referring to the same guy you were. And for the most part I share your assessment about yesterday's game.

Hookem

Btw what do you think about WV/VT?

I agree with everything in the post. I just want to know how much of it you put on the players vs the coaches.

Texas gave CS 3 years, but there are people on this board that didn't. There are guys on this board calling for CS's head after the 1st game. Those same guys can't argue that TH gets 3 years when the situation TH inherited is infinitely better than the one CS did.

I'm not going to get in another argument with you about CS. I already agree with everyone that he should have gotten fired.

But I will go after the resident goner troll for being a hypocrite and anyone on here that asked for CS's head immediately and wants everyone to give TH time to implement his program.
You rang? I'm still pissed over BOTH hires. But I gave both a chance until I saw the product week in and week out that CS put on the field.

The product put on the field yesterday was just as sloppy as the CS product but in different areas. Lest you forget, Charlie's teams would plat hard D in the first and then peter out in the 2nd half. We played ZERO defense yesterday. Our best player, 55, looked like absolute garbage on 50% of the snaps. Our TE 87 has no business being on the field during running plays. He doesn't even get in people's WAY.
I'm going to watch the game again this afternoon and look at the miscues, but I have a bad feeling it will look worse the 2nd time around.

You rang? I'm still pissed over BOTH hires. But I gave both a chance until I saw the product week in and week out that CS put on the field.

The product put on the field yesterday was just as sloppy as the CS product but in different areas. Lest you forget, Charlie's teams would plat hard D in the first and then peter out in the 2nd half. We played ZERO defense yesterday. Our best player, 55, looked like absolute garbage on 50% of the snaps. Our TE 87 has no business being on the field during running plays. He doesn't even get in people's WAY.
I'm going to watch the game again this afternoon and look at the miscues, but I have a bad feeling it will look worse the 2nd time around.

I agree. I'm not calling you out either. We usually disagree on the placement of blame. Connor Williams is an AA and has over 25 college starts. He didn't execute. That's on him, not TH. At some point, we have to start holding the players accountable for their performance. We also have to give the other team and coaches some credit.

It can't always be we lost, the coaches suck. There are more factors that go into it than just that.

I was not referring to you swVA. I was referring to the same guy you were. And for the most part I share your assessment about yesterday's game.

Hookem

Btw what do you think about WV/VT?
I would give WV the edge because they have a QB that fits their system really well and they have alway been able to score some. Having said that VT is well coached and their Defense is legit. It is a HUGE rivalry here and you know how rivalry games go. If VT can run the ball it will be a great game.

Sorry I misunderstood your post.

I agree with everything in the post. I just want to know how much of it you put on the players vs the coaches.
to be honest I am starting to think a lot of it is the players....they are doing the EXACT same things with different coaches......not saying the coaches are completely in the clear but these guys need to learn HOW to win and play fast and free....I didn't see crazy timeout calls or nothing like that but NOT kicking a FG inside their 5 yard line when we could not run the ball to save our lives was not a good decision.....going for it down 3 on 4th and 2 at midfield was borderline stupid I think, especially when Texas had some momentum with their backup qb coming in.

What do you think? More on players or coaches? equal?

clob out of curiosity who could Texas have gotten better than Herman? I mean we can name coaches all day but they have to be able to be hired in the first place. Money doesn't fix everything. If it did Texas would be #1 every year. I still think Herman is capable. we know he is young as far as a head coach..... if he doesn't straighten the ship then in a few years he will be replaced. I need more than 1 game to say he was a mistake.

clob out of curiosity who could Texas have gotten better than Herman? I mean we can name coaches all day but they have to be able to be hired in the first place. Money doesn't fix everything. If it did Texas would be #1 every year. I still think Herman is capable. we know he is young as far as a head coach..... if he doesn't straighten the ship then in a few years he will be replaced. I need more than 1 game to say he was a mistake.

This. The Harbaughs weren't interested, neither were Gruden, Tomlin, Carroll, Payton, Shaw, Meyer, or Saban. All of those guys were mostly a pipe dream. Herman was the hot name out there. Texas hired the coach who looked to be the best choice of those available and who were interested. A couple of other guys who I think will become hot coaching prospects are Fleck and Fuente if they continue to have success.

Now that I've had time to think about the game there is a critical intangible that needs to be considered. Most of our seniors have had four position coaches in four years. Think about that for a minute. And for our juniors it's three in three know what I mean? I'm going to have to face the fact that our players especially the upperclassmen are going to need a few games to get in sync.

Reactions: westx
We were better last year. We have to start rotating younger players in ASAP and find some guys who want to play. The guys from last year that start now are not getting the job done. It is time to find new blood.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
Maybe it's me but our team just looks small all the way around and especially where it counts..the OL and DL...

Too many "uhs", "umms", and awkward silences for my taste. Is this the football guru the media hyped all last year? Maybe he was just trying to contain his frustration. Like Coach Strong, the press conferences are easier to stomach after a win, but after losing to a beatable opponent at home, it's unwatchable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT