ADVERTISEMENT

Mayfield/OU fans

I have to admit, Mayfield looks very good. Yes, it is only one game, but I called for him to be a bust and I was wrong. The kid looks like a legit NFL QB. I'm impressed.

Seasons not over yet MM! You could be right! or not..

Hook'em

lets slow down a little. hes only played 1 half of nfl football. jury is still way out on mayfield

I have to admit, Mayfield looks very good. Yes, it is only one game, but I called for him to be a bust and I was wrong. The kid looks like a legit NFL QB. I'm impressed.

I wouldn't go that far bud. Yes he looked good his first game but let's wait this out a little before we say he's a legit NFL QB. I never thought he'd be a bust but I also don't think he's going to be as good as he was in college.

I was just giving a shout out to our resident OU fans since I called for Mayfield to be a bust. He looks much better than I thought that he would, but yes, it is still early.

Once opposing DCs get tape on him, it will get harder for him to be successful, but I wouldn't bet against him of course.

It's a nice story, and I'm proud to say the he's from OU (not like Mixon) even though he did act like a jerk sometimes, and did some stupid things during his college career. I honestly believe he's a pretty decent kid, and that it was more of a maturity issue than a character issue.

Last edited:
I'll tell you this Landry and Hyde are legit! He definitely has two good players on offense we'll see what he does the rest of the year and I agree with CW that it will start getting really tough once the defense has tape on him. He does have an arm though!

I was just giving a shout out to our resident OU fans since I called for Mayfield to be a bust. He looks much better than I thought that he would, but yes, it is still early.
MM.................... takes a big man. I can't stand the little turd, can't stand him..... but all the way back in March one could see that cleveland needed to roll the dice and grab him first and use that gigantic chip on his shoulder to their advantage. Yes, it's only one game..... but that's one more game than this franchise won all last year.

Reactions: weevilcatch
He's a baller no doubt. Big win last night. Aikman was sold.

That said, he's a douche. And weeps like a girl. He was good enough to win it all in college. Glad Riley wasted his talent vs Georgia last year.

Reactions: diadevic
Thing is, Cleveland screwed up in this year's draft. They should have taken Saquon Barkley with the first pick and then Mayfield with the fourth pick. He would have still been there and they could have gotten Barkley, who is an absolute stud RB. For some reason, Cleveland must have been convinced that Mayfield was the best QB in the draft.

Props to you MM for your post. I try not to be a homer and call it like I see it and I've thought that Mayfield has a pretty good shot to be successful. Sure he's been douchey at times but the guy is dang accurate and seems to know when to deliver the ball.

His debut numbers were ironically close to Sam Darnold's numbers:
Sam Darnold debut: 16-21-198-2-1
Baker Mayfield debut: 17-23-201-0-0

MM.................... takes a big man. I can't stand the little turd, can't stand him..... but all the way back in March one could see that cleveland needed to roll the dice and grab him first and use that gigantic chip on his shoulder to their advantage. Yes, it's only one game..... but that's one more game than this franchise won all last year.
"It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man".....Fletch

Reactions: freeper
I'd say at this point he's a legit NFL qb. How far he goes and just how legit is all up to him. But nobody can say the stage is too big for him

Thing is, Cleveland screwed up in this year's draft. They should have taken Saquon Barkley with the first pick and then Mayfield with the fourth pick. He would have still been there and they could have gotten Barkley, who is an absolute stud RB. For some reason, Cleveland must have been convinced that Mayfield was the best QB in the draft.

Yeah he is the best rb in the draft. Maybe they thought that having Hyde would supplement a 2nd round rb instead. . If it were me I might have gone with Chubb to make that Dline scary then Mayfield.

Another Spooner QB bust, like Pocahontas Bradford, Loser Landry Jones, and overhyped thug Murray. Jailin Hurts will be trash in the NFL like every other Opioid U quarterback. When he's broke and selling coke like Charles Thompson maybe he can call Limp Wrist Lincoln to post bail.

Another Spooner QB bust, like Pocahontas Bradford, Loser Landry Jones, and overhyped thug Murray. Jailin Hurts will be trash in the NFL like every other Opioid U quarterback. When he's broke and selling coke like Charles Thompson maybe he can call Limp Wrist Lincoln to post bail.
Man I get "hating" a kid because he plays for OU, but Hurts has been nothing compared to the trash talk and look at me attitude of the previous two QB's at OU. Hurts actually seems like a pretty good guy. I don't get the hate for him.

Reactions: freeper
Man I get "hating" a kid because he plays for OU, but Hurts has been nothing compared to the trash talk and look at me attitude of the previous two QB's at OU. Hurts actually seems like a pretty good guy. I don't get the hate for him.

I agree with this. Hurts is the anti-Mayfield and Murray when it comes to punkish attitude and behavior. At least Hurts has class.

Baker is a giant dude-bro douche bag. People say they "love" it when he does his thing. But how can they? Because he won some games in college? The more he throws pics, the more the Browns lose his little act will get less cute. I can't stand him. Just look at his interview about Bosa. The guy is a clown...an insecure clown.

Kyler Murray I like. He is a cocky little turd, but the dude is damn good. I said from the start that I think he is going to be just fine in the NFL. He is fast, has a good arm, and is smart and accurate. He just happens to be 5-9. I don't think he'll win a super bowl, but he is going to put up some numbers.

Jalen Hurts is everything you want in a team leader, QB, person. He showed he was a team first guy at Alabama. Didn't complain when he lost his job...did what needed to be done. He is an extremely hard worker and terrific leader. I don't think he'll be very good in the NFL because I don't think he has the arm strength. But I guess we'll see.

Kyler Murray I like. He is a cocky little turd, but the dude is damn good. I said from the start that I think he is going to be just fine in the NFL. He is fast, has a good arm, and is smart and accurate. He just happens to be 5-9. I don't think he'll win a super bowl, but he is going to put up some numbers.

Gonna wait until next year. I’m always cautious with QBs first year. I’ll say that I haven’t heard much noise about Kyler that I’m hearing about Mayfield.

Gonna wait until next year. I’m always cautious with QBs first year. I’ll say that I haven’t heard much noise about Kyler that I’m hearing about Mayfield.

Mayfield looks like a bust. 3 int's yesterday with a QBR of 54.9. 2 int's last week with a QBR of 13.4.

Baker Mayfield's 11 interceptions through 6 games are the most by a Browns QB through 6 games since Paul McDonald had 12 back in 1984.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT