ADVERTISEMENT

MBB

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
Beat Butler tonight in its first real test. The REAL first test comes tomorrow against #1 Duke. Find out what kind of team we have. Should be fun!

Reactions: westx
Nice win against Butler which is a solid team. Out shooting was not great and the offense looked slow in half court but the team is gaining confidence while playing 3 freshman, 1 sophomore, and no seniors. This team has a deep rotation and the defense was stifling. We are shutting down the 3 ball really well. Duke is ripe for the taking.

This team should have put up more points. Big O had a poor night with a lot of roll outs. Bamba needs to be more careful with the ball on offense. I expect a lot of great things from this team this year especially if Big O is playing like he suppose to play (inside/outside threat). Great win tonight

Bamba is the real deal. Looking forward to watching him and the rest of this talented team take on the Big12

Bamba is a talented kid. He just needs to work on being careful with the ball. Today's game and the other one, he's dribbling the ball too high and too slow. He will get better, no doubt but he has to work on it. I like his shot game too. Him and Big O will be threats

Reactions: eda5420
Ugly game in the first half. 2nd straight game they have gotten off to a slow start. Gotta fix that coming up against duke. Good to see the guys knock down some 3’s. Do that on a consistent basis and things will open up a bit for Bamba. Dylan has to shoot the ball better to, and he will.

Another very good defensive effort. I expected Texas to win by double digits that’s what they eventually did. Good early season test against Duke tomorrow. They struggled against Portland state for a good portion of the game.

If Bamba gets a double double, 15 points and 15 rebounds, Texas wins. If he gets under 8 for both, Texas will lose.

I don't see enough consistency to take down Duke - yet. By the end of the year UT is going to be a very tough out.

I don't see enough consistency to take down Duke - yet. By the end of the year UT is going to be a very tough out.

The consistency is the defense. That's the foundation to build on. These guys will settle into some offensive schemes that work and open up the floor. Davis and Young hitting consistent 3's will help a lot. Duke is suspect. They looked very beatable yesterday. They key will be for the defense to trigger Grayson Alan so that he throws a tantrum and gets ejected. Dilly Dilly!

Reactions: diadevic
I won't argue with this. But, that is what makes this game intriguing. You have the perennial winner vs the up and coming talented team. It is a defining type game for Texas to see what they are made of. This is more of a mental game. Our players are as talented as Duke's. Let's not forget the coaching edge to Duke. Shaka still has much to prove if he is to enter Coach K's stratosphere.

Well, we already have as many wins away from the Erwin Center as we had all of last year.

Would be nice to get the program's first wins against Duke and against an AP No. 1 team today, but that's probably asking too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT