ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Hoops: Do you care?

We're solidly in the tournament, just have to get hot at the right moment. This season is not lost by any measure.
I was trying to put into words my feelings about this season and the only thing I can think of is “Ground Hog Day” . We have watched this same thing over and over and over. Hoping and or believing for different results but only to be let down one more time.

Reactions: westx and freeper
Next season will be worse. Brown, Jones, Jones, Simms, Coleman, Febres, Ramey all gone. With the NBA G League now taking in the elite HS talent, the college programs that heavily rely on the one and done approach are going to be suffer the most. Look at Duke and Kentucky this season. They're fairly pedestrian this season. Now these teams will be forced to have to actually build a program and develop/coach talent. Shaka will be exposed next season even further. We'll be lucky to be a .500 team next season.

Reactions: diadevic
Lookie there! A 81-67 win. Shot 51% from the field and 45% from 3 point land.
Then I noticed that Iowa state was a 2 win team.

Reactions: westx
Shaka clinches his second winning conference record in six seasons, thanks to the canceled Baylor game.

Would have been good for a two-year extension under the dumbass that hired him.

Blown 12 point lead. now down 1 with 7 to go at OU. No points in over 5 minutes. Any confidence that Shaka can come up with something to salvage this game?

we did win. other than a free throw missed in crunch time that felt like groundhog day, and a possession where matt coleman dribbledribbledribbled and shot a midrange at the shot clock buzzer (which, thankfully, he made, covering up the horrible-ness of the possession), it was a good win against a good team in a rivalry game. could question allowing a quick layup late, but that stuff happens to everybody. and the announcers questioned getting th ball to brown at the end, being a freshman that shoots about 70%, but the young man didn't look rattled, and sometimes a coach knows which player on his team won't melt in that situation. that's more important than ft% in those spots. so good job, men!

I’ll be interested to see how the committee evaluates Texas. If they take care of TCU tomorrow, and win at least a game in the big 12 tournament I think they have a really strong case for a 2 seed. If the committee considers that the OU loss was without 3 starters and a key bench player plus the HC(still only lost by 2) and the Baylor blowout came after not being able to practice in 3 weeks. Texas really has put together a solid resume in tough circumstances.

Glad we could pay the bastards back for the one we dropped when we were without Sims, Ramey, and Cunningham. Always worth firing up the DVR to see a win over OU.
How clutch is Matt Coleman? Doesn’t score all night but when the game was on the line he drills it. Greg Brown too. Not the greatest FT shooter in the world goes to the line and cans 2 to ice the game.

I’ll be interested to see how the committee evaluates Texas. If they take care of TCU tomorrow, and win at least a game in the big 12 tournament I think they have a really strong case for a 2 seed. If the committee considers that the OU loss was without 3 starters and a key bench player plus the HC(still only lost by 2) and the Baylor blowout came after not being able to practice in 3 weeks. Texas really has put together a solid resume in tough circumstances.
Texas doesn’t deserve a 2-seed if they only win one game in the tourney. They would be appropriately ranked between 4-6. I could see them getting a 2 seed if they win out

Texas doesn’t deserve a 2-seed if they only win one game in the tourney. They would be appropriately ranked between 4-6. I could see them getting a 2 seed if they win out
They probably would be between 4-6 if not for the 3 week pause. They were absolutely rolling before that. Took them a few weeks to get back there. They are close now. Not quite there yet

They probably would be between 4-6 if not for the 3 week pause. They were absolutely rolling before that. Took them a few weeks to get back there. They are close now. Not quite there yet
The talent is there for a top 2 seed. The holdback is the coaching staff. The tournament may play into their hands - when teams are not familiar with each other and a coach has a short time period to game plan.

Going by Joe lunardi’s ESPN projection. Texas will probably be a 3 seed after today. FSU lost to a bad ND team, and Villanova losing their first game without Gillespie pretty badly

Texas 30 TCU25 at the 2:34 mark of the 1st half. I just saw the score on ticker. It is being on televised on B12ESPN. I had no idea there was a Big12ESPN.

Texas 30 TCU25 at the 2:34 mark of the 1st half. I just saw the score on ticker. It is being on televised on B12ESPN. I had no idea there was a Big12ESPN.
While the Big 10 gets doubleheader’s on ESPN every night plus their own network, we get PPV. Even with LHN. How does Blowsby have a job???

Reactions: westx and horn wild
While the Big 10 gets doubleheader’s on ESPN every night plus their own network, we get PPV. Even with LHN. How does Blowsby have a job???
It will be interesting to see if the big 12 survives after the end of the TV deal in a couple years. Feels like one of the pac 12 or the big 12 is nearing an end

It’s a win. 76-64. On to the conference tournament.

We swept Kansas and still tied with them in conference, if we could have the ou game back with our coach out and the 19 point come back by west Virginia. Baylor still would of won the conference but we would of came in second.

ADVERTISEMENT