ADVERTISEMENT

Mercifully, it's over.

CAHorn47

Nov 22, 2013
22-31. Couldn't hold a 4-0 lead. More miscues in the field. Left Culbreth in too long when he was getting hammered in the 5th. Storybook ending to the worst season of Texas baseball in my lifetime...and that's nearly 70 years. Where are you in the 7 stages of grief? I'm in Stage 3 (Anger) and I"ll stay there until we have a new Head Coach.

Not over yet. It's double-elimination before the championship game. Another game with Baylor is up next.

Now this miserable season is finally over -- and with it hopefully Augie's career at Texas.

That nice little run in the conference tourney at least helped Augie avoid delivering our worst season win percentage since 1956 and second-worst since 1896. Now 2016 is just our second-worst and fifth-worst over those spans.

Reactions: bozans and swVAHorn
Now this miserable season is finally over -- and with it hopefully Augie's career at Texas.

That nice little run in the conference tourney at least helped Augie avoid delivering our worst season win percentage since 1956 and second-worst since 1896. Now 2016 is just our second-worst and fifth-worst over those spans.
I hope that he is replaced but I ain't holding my breath. The Virginia coach would be a grand slam. I have heard the Florida coach has been mentioned. It is time for a change...

Augie sits a 1975 wins...tantalizingly closer to his Holy Grail (2000 wins). Rightly or wrongly, I believe Perrin and Fenves will honor the final year of the contract and let Augie chase the milestone, based on this week's gritty performance and the fact that we don't lose many players next year. Duke and Culbreth are the only seniors who play. And of the 5 juniors (Barrera, Malmin, Sawyer, Clemens the Elder, and Gurwitz), Tres may be the only one drafted high enough to depart. So gird your loins for Augie, the Farewell Tour, brought to you by LHN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT