ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (It's all on the line vs. KSU)

I would have to switch your #1 and #2 Dwight Yoakum songs. Two Doors Down is a quintessential C&W ballad, but A Thousand Miles From Nowhere has a haunting ring to it. If I had written the lyrics, I would had penned "and there's nowhere I'd rather be" for a great play on words. "Bruises on my memories" is a great line.
I totally understand that position.

Did y'all not see the three holds on Byron Murphy that would have resulted in sacks? I know he doesn't have great stats but from these eyes he is disruptive. I think some folks are selling the defense short. There are a very solid group. Not spectacular, but very good. They really missed Watts imo.

Did y'all not see the three holds on Byron Murphy that would have resulted in sacks? I know he doesn't have great stats but from these eyes he is disruptive.

He hasn't been overly disruptive in the last month.

You’re reading things that aren’t there. Let me simplify this, my complaint is probably the same as 90% of Longhorn fans, 1) the play calling in the red zone completely sucks, 2) Sarkisian gets so enamored with certain players that he is not giving extremely talented players more opportunities, 3) Sark’s ego is starting to show in the fact that he NEEDS to hire a proven play caller to handle that job, but will not because he cannot see the errors he commits on a weekly basis, 4) this does not provide the fans the exhilaration we should have with a 7-1 team because it is hanging on by a thread 5) he has yet to prove he is of championship caliber as a Head Coach. I could go on and on, but if you are reading OB, you already know the downfalls. Hopefully, he can overcome his shortcomings, because he is one helluva recruite, it just needs to materialize in championships
I agree with just about everything you just said in this post, but that’s not close to what was said in the original post.

He hasn't been overly disruptive in the last month.
He has at least two sacks last game on which he was blatantly held, one being on their biggest play of the game. I think y’all are being a bit harsh but some say the stats don’t lie and the Big 12 doesn’t call holding.

He has at least two sacks last game on which he was blatantly held, one being on their biggest play of the game. I think y’all are being a bit harsh but some say the stats don’t lie and the Big 12 doesn’t call holding.

It's presumptive to assume that he has sacks if he isn't held/blocked.

Hard to argue against your Dwight Yoakum list. Excellent job
James Corden Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reactions: Dwilliamminear
It's presumptive to assume that he has sacks if he isn't held/blocked.
True, but I’m going with presumption. I know for sure he doesn’t get the deep ball off, but you are correct. I just prefer to be optimistic.

True, but I’m going with presumption. I know for sure he doesn’t get the deep ball off, but you are correct. I just prefer to be optimistic.
I'm just listing what has actually happened from a production standpoint.

Reactions: RobbieLew
K-State is a solid, good team. But their best win is against UCF, and they lost to the two good teams they've played.

Yes they crushed a bad TCU team starting an overwhelmed freshman QB, and a Houston team that emptied the tank against us. Color me impressed, but not scared.

Can they win in DKR on Saturday? For sure. But make no mistake this is a game Texas should win. Even with Murphy.
While I agree with you I think Murphy is the wild card. I just dont trust him not to turn the ball over. He's way too careless with the ball.

While I agree with you I think Murphy is the wild card. I just dont trust him not to turn the ball over. He's way too careless with the ball.
Murphy is the ultimate wildcard. Hopefully Sark is game planning to protect Maalik from himself.

He's definitely a wildcard.
Swag
Wildness
Confidence
Stupidity
Too green to know any better

A little bit of all of the above?

In the longer run, you need that. You want to harness that, not kill it.

Scary cause never know as the smoking “cannon” rolls around on the deck!

E
Swag
Wildness
Confidence
Stupidity
Too green to know any better

A little bit of all of the above?

In the longer run, you need that. You want to harness that, not kill it.

Scary cause never know as the smoking “cannon” rolls around on the deck!
Exactly. He's a colt that just needs some training.

Wow on the Mathew Perry piece. I have obviously been under a rock. The disease is tragic, even if it didn't impact his death. I hate to see that happen, to anybody, period.

Of course it impacted his death. The word is it was a heart attack that is almost certainly directly related to being a decades long addict. That stuff is hard on your internal organs.

Reactions: bamahorn1
Of course it impacted his death. The word is it was a heart attack that is almost certainly directly related to being a decades long addict. That stuff is hard on your internal organs.
If there's an afterlife, here's hoping he finds more peace there than he did here.

Will Howard hasn't thrown for more than 170 yard the past 4 games. This plays into the heart of Texas Defensive Strength which is stopping the run. The matchup favors Texas. I am worried about what Kansas State did to Donovan Smith holding him to a season low 88 yards and 66 Rating. Worries what they might do to Maalik.

If I was a betting man I would bet the under. Ketch you thought the BYU game was boring. This might be a repeat of TCU Texas from last year defensive battle. We need Sark to dial up some better play calls this year.

Will Howard hasn't thrown for more than 170 yard the past 4 games. This plays into the heart of Texas Defensive Strength which is stopping the run. The matchup favors Texas. I am worried about what Kansas State did to Donovan Smith holding him to a season low 88 yards and 66 Rating. Worries what they might do to Maalik.

If I was a betting man I would bet the under. Ketch you thought the BYU game was boring. This might be a repeat of TCU Texas from last year defensive battle. We need Sark to dial up some better play calls this year.
KSU's defense against Maalik is the storyline of the game.

If there's an afterlife, here's hoping he finds more peace there than he did here.

True that. Loved his message about what to remember him for.

Also, @Ketchum how does “fast as you” not make the list even as alternate?

I would put that as top 3 or 5, easy. It was the song that made him popular to the people who weren’t die hard country fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT