ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (It might be now or never for a few)

No. 10 - Top 10: Best Movies in the 2000s ...

After re-watching Manchester by the Sea this week, I found myself thinking about the top of the best movies this century all week.

Confession: There were probably another 10 movies I wanted to sneak into the top 10, but these were the 10 I settled on. Apologies to Bing Bong.

Honorable Mention: Inside Out, Children of Men, Call Me By Your Name, Bridesmaids, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Moonlight, The Wolf of Wall Street, Lincoln, Mad Max: Fury Road, Oldboy, The Social Network, Boyhood, Everything Everywhere All at Once, 12 Years a Slave, Phantom Thread, The 40-Year Old Virgin, Tar, Mulholland Drive, Zodiac and Brokeback Mountain

10. Manchester By The Sea

Re-watched it this week. It's soul-crushing at its lowest moments, but it's perhaps the most human movie of the century thus far. If nothing else, it might be the best-acted movie of the century.

9. Get Out

From a pop culture standpoint, I'm not sure if any movie has had a bigger impact.

8. Inglorious Basterds

Maybe the most re-watched movie on this list for my money. I can start watching it at any point in the movie and I'm in.

7. The Dark Knight

The best comic book movie of all time?

6. Oppenheimer

Two Christopher Nolan movies go back to back here outside the top 5.

5. Parasite

It gets better and better with every revisit.

4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The second-best Tarantino movie of all-time. It's Leo and Brad at their absolute best.

3. Gladiator

It's Ridley Scott, Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix at their very best.

2. There Will Be Blood

Depending on the day, this can easily slot into the No. 1 spot. It's Daniel Day-Lewis' masterpiece.

1. No Country For Old Men

All hail the Coen Brothers. The best hitman movie of all time?
I’d add Inside Man and Whiplash at least to Honorable Mentions.

Ketch I thought your movie list was solid just so hard to pick a top 10 I mean you have your thoughts I have mine others have theirs but I like that you put it out there & just say here it is.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
Very strong top 10 list. And I couldn't agree more with your number 1 and 2 choices, exactly where I'd put them. Would also add The Wrestler as an honorable mention.

Like I said. No sense arguing about this in April. We shall see.

as for Sanders, he is a 4.7 40 guy with questionable hands and a below average blocker.
Did we watch two different players last year? "Questionable hands"..? Did JT not catch just about everything thrown his way including multiple contested grabs over the middle?

The one that comes to mind is the one-handed catch against BYU where Murphy threw off his back foot into double coverage.

Did we watch two different players last year? "Questionable hands"..? Did JT not catch just about everything thrown his way including multiple contested grabs over the middle?

The one that comes to mind is the one-handed catch against BYU where Murphy threw off his back foot into double coverage.
The pre-draft workouts have spooked people into thinking he is suddenly very replaceable.

40 Year Old Virgin? It was solid, but I'd put Hot Tub Time Machine, The Hangover, The Other Guys, Horrible Bosses, Step Brothers, and Hall Pass above it for comedies.

40 Year Old Virgin? It was solid, but I'd put Hot Tub Time Machine, The Hangover, The Other Guys, Horrible Bosses, Step Brothers, and Hall Pass above it for comedies.
Hot Tub Time Machine isn't within one million miles of 40YOV

• Haha
Reactions: SR60
I was worried she'd see it. :)

2cccbb21af1ad9a9554c0b2ed1fc4bf0.gif

• Haha

i admit i watched Barbie when it hit HBO which i subscribe to just to see if it was as bad as i thought it would be. it was worse. won't watch it again, ever.

was very disappointed with Oppenheimer which given the person and subject i had great interest in seeing that movie. it's quite possibly the most boring movie ever made. and i wasted $20 bucks on this??

Hot Tub Time Machine isn't within one million miles of 40YOV

40YOV isn't my cup of tea as far as movies go but Hot Tub Time Machine is simply too stupid of a concept to even be funny imo. never watched it never will.

ketch if you haven't done a top 10 westerns yet that'd be interesting. last night they had a "Spaghetti Western" fest on HBO, all three of Clint's movies back to back to back.

the legend of the Anti-Hero begins here ..

"Why? .. i knew someone like you once, there was no one there to help"

sounds personal to me.

as epic as the ending of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" is, this ending is better. Col. Mortimer only became a bounty hunter to find Indio and avenge his sister and brother-in-law. Clint makes sure it's a fair fight ..

this clip starts just after Col. Mortimer calls out Indio but it's what Clint does that makes it great.

he gives Col. Mortimer his fair chance at revenge.

Last edited:
Bob Bowman might just insert right at number one for best coach on campus replacing Reese.

The pre-draft workouts have spooked people into thinking he is suddenly very replaceable.
I don't know about everyone else, but for me, it is the less than 4 receptions per game, 2 TDs all season, and mediocre blocking effort that is easily replaceable.

For me, the combine results merely confirmed that Sanders isn't the athletic freak that his rivals recruiting ranking portrayed him to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT