ADVERTISEMENT

might be interesting to consider

littleton tiger

Dec 31, 2012
Springdale Arkansas
Baton Rouge Morning Advocate published an article suggesting that LSU apply for admission to the Big12. I am warming to the idea as I think it would benefit LSU greatly. Let me propose this plan
1. LSU, Ole Miss , Arkansas, Mississippi State and Notre Dame join the Big12
2.Kansas joins the MAC
3. Divisions as follows. SEC schools + Texas TT and TCU in one division rest of teams in other

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
Pipe dream.

As someone who grew up in the state of Texas. I have always wanted surrounding states to have teams in our conf along with TX teams. Like LSU and Arkansas.

I am also not a fan of 10 team conferences or 14 team conferences. For me the math works at 12 teams. I wish every region would have their 12 teams in conferences.

Sign me up. In this thread can we discuss our other day dreams as well, or are we just limited to this one?

Reactions: diadevic
LSU fans would melt if they left the secsecsec. Not v to mention the fact that EVERY aggy would crow that they scared you out of the secsecsec.

yeah....and these billboards would crop up all over louisiana

Ch1S2SZVAAEo7s6.jpg

come to think of it....they may already be all over louisiana.

Reactions: Bottomsuppizza
I would love to see the Big 12 add LSU and Arkansas or the likes. Talk of adding mid-majors and directional schools is ridiculous.

Assuming that short of a miracle, no current P5 school is open to move into the Big12 and the distaste expressed by Longhorns about G5 schools invitees is pronounced, what recourse is there? The only options left is to maintain the status quo, which seems like an unsavory prospect by most on this board or giving independence a try.

There are several threads about how much Longhorns find fault with the Big12 and its members so I assume that keeping the status quo is not a desired option either. Could Texas make independence work. Notre Dame has done well by it and BYU is surviving, but only just. How would Texas fair in that arena?

I ask this because what other options are there?

Last edited:
Texas is like a old whore, bring'em all on and we will beat them, like to see Arky and Rice cause I like " The Mob" at halftime..LOL! , kick out Kansas and then maybe LSU to take its place. Maybe bring them chicken-shit Cornhuskers back, it was fun beating their asses...

Hook'em

Assuming that short of a miracle, no current P5 school is open to move into the Big12 and the distaste expressed by Longhorns about G5 schools invitees is pronounced, what recourse is there? The only options left is to maintain the status quo, which seems like an unsavory prospect by most on this board or giving independence a try.

There are several threads about how much Longhorns find fault with the Big12 and its members so I assume that keeping the status quo is not a desired option either. Could Texas make independence work. Notre Dame has done well by it and BYU is surviving, but only just. How would Texas fair in that arena?

I ask this because what other options are there?

I say the Big 12 should stand pat unless it can land a couple of major schools as I mentioned previously. No point to add a university just for the sake of adding them if they can't bring something significant to the table.

LSU and the pigs have long been unhappy with how the SEC is run.

PAC has some really unhappy schools that hate how Larry Scott is handling the conference.

There could be a big shake up involving parties from all three conferences.

I think all three conferences media deals end in 2024 and 2025.

A conference consisting of Texas, OU, LSU Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss Colorado TT TCU KSU Okie St. and Utah would be very interesting indeed. Alternative schools anyone?

Last edited:
LSU and the pigs have long been unhappy with how the SEC is run.

PAC has some really unhappy schools that hate how Larry Scott is handling the conference.

There could be a big shake up involving parties from all three conferences.

I think all three conferences media deals end in 2024 and 2025.
Norm Hitzges 1310 The Ticket in Dallas mentioned PAC-12 unhappiness and said Big XII should approach Arizona and Arizona St. Probably pie in the sky, but much better than Memphis, UConn, etal.

While Arizona and ASU would be nice additions to the current Big 12 I think my proposed conference above is more advantageous to all members. Sure Texas would lead but from a SEC perspective tgat would be better than Bama, whose leadership is based on cheating and and whining. An added bonus in my plan is that the Big 12 bets cut loose dead weight UK, Iowa State and Baylor.

The SEC looks great now, but when Ole Miss gets hammered by the NCAA and Saban leaves Bama for the NFL or retires it won't look that great.

ryan, Bama has more titles pre-Saban than they have since he arrived and they will win plenty after he is gone. Ole Miss, while good, hasn't won a SEC title since 1963. So if/when they go on probation it will have little if any impact on the conference as a whole. On the other g=hand the Big12 is, at present, stuck with the following
1 KU-absolute joke of a football program although somewhat saved by basketball
2 ISU- total never-has-been
3 KSU- nothing before Bill Snyder and back to nothing after he leaves
4 Baylor- existing rape culture will set the program back for a very long time, although like Ole Miss it won't hurt the conference too much.

since we talking about additions by subtractions with the Big 12. How About Adding THE AZ schools, Arky and LSU. Or how about a twist, add Kentucky for basketball and say Arky, LSU and the AZ schools and cut ties to ISU. ISU brings nothing at all except wrestling and i don't give a crap about that. Kansas and Kentucky would be a great basketball rivalry and a easy win for every other conference team in football. That would be 14 teams. If we wanted 16, look at maybe New Mexico to a have a rivalry with TT and bridge the gap to the AZ schools and just keep ISU.

ryan, Bama has more titles pre-Saban than they have since he arrived and they will win plenty after he is gone. Ole Miss, while good, hasn't won a SEC title since 1963. So if/when they go on probation it will have little if any impact on the conference as a whole. On the other g=hand the Big12 is, at present, stuck with the following
4 Baylor- existing rape culture will set the program back for a very long time, although like Ole Miss it won't hurt the conference too much.
I think he simply meant bama in a dominant sense. LSU is just a little unlucky. I mean unlucky in that LSU has been really good for a lot of years but, they just happen to be in an era where Saban is a coach in the same conference at the same time. If not for that, LSU could have had at least 1 maybe 2 titles. No matter what anybody thinks about ole Les, he has still done a good job. Coaches like Saban don't come around often and he is in his prime coinciding with ole Les.

I see only two ways LSU and Arkansas would join a conference with Texas in it.

1. There is a total breakup of the Big 12 some of the Big 12 Schools like Texas Oklahoma OSU TCU and Tech banning together with Notre Dame to form a new conference. Then I could see the prospect of Notre Dame and Texas being a big enough draw to pull LSU and Arkansas out of the SEC.

2. The SEC begins to rip itself apart with cheating like the SWC did back in the 80's.

While Arizona and ASU would be nice additions to the current Big 12 I think my proposed conference above is more advantageous to all members. Sure Texas would lead but from a SEC perspective tgat would be better than Bama, whose leadership is based on cheating and and whining. An added bonus in my plan is that the Big 12 bets cut loose dead weight UK, Iowa State and Baylor.

Not sure you drop the conference's top basketball program. Thanks to the $9 mil KU gets from third their rights from basketball they are second to UT for revenue in the Big 12.

This is not a sign that the Big 12 should expand. It's already being mentioned by some on social media that the Big Ten's new deal is just proof that the Big 12 needs to expand to increase it's television revenue. While that may seem to be the case on the surface, the truth is things just aren't that simple.

The Big Ten isn't getting this much money because it added Rutgers and Maryland. It's not getting this money because it added Nebraska. The Big Ten is getting these giant checks because it's the Big Ten. It's a conference full of schools with large enrollments, and schools that have giant alumni bases spread all across the country. That means eyeballs on television screens for Big Ten games -- more so than any other conference that is not the SEC.

So even if the Big 12 added two more teams, or hell, even four, it's just never going to be as attractive to major television networks as the Big Ten. There just aren't as many people interested in Big 12 football as there are in the Big Ten. No school that's available to the Big 12 can change that.

This is for the new Big 10 tv contracts

While what you say is technically true. There was one national title post bear/pre Saban and a lot of mediocrity. It's hard to replace a leagond as many programs have found out. When Sabsn leaves Bama they will likely take at least one step back. Maybe more.

Baton Rouge Morning Advocate published an article suggesting that LSU apply for admission to the Big12. I am warming to the idea as I think it would benefit LSU greatly. Let me propose this plan
1. LSU, Ole Miss , Arkansas, Mississippi State and Notre Dame join the Big12
2.Kansas joins the MAC
3. Divisions as follows. SEC schools + Texas TT and TCU in one division rest of teams in other
Post the link!
(thanks)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT