ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Fans: Who's your #2?

hitmanwa

Making a list, checking it twice.
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2005
For me, it's the Padres. Still love the Brown and Gold. It's the only fitted cap I'll wear on occasion. I have all 30 teams for collection's sake but wear an Astros cap 90% of the time and the Padres' caps every once in a while.

I was always a fan of 1st Basemen. Glenn Davis, Will Clark, Don Mattingly and then RF Tony Gwynn. For whatever reason I've always had an affinity for Left Handed Hitters. The only exception being the Astros' Big Bopper.

Gwynn's career K% of 4.2% is just ridiculous. He finished his career with a 338/.388/.459 slash line, 8 Batting Titles, 15 AS Games, 7 Silver Sluggers and 5 Gold Gloves. With 3,141 hits I was always amazed, as a young kid, that a man of his stature was so good at the game.

My next favorite Padre was of course Ken Caminiti. Just in his time in SD he slashed 295/.384/.540 w 121 Homers. In '96 I spent a lot of time in SD for work and the gals in SD like their baseball. When you're a 6'0 180# Texan with dark hair and a goatee in SD things were pretty easy thanks to Mr. Caminiti.

Just wondering who your #2 is, if you have one. With SD being the natural rival of la and being on the west coast it usually gives me another game to watch.

My father, 75YO Vietnam Veteran, is a 2nd gen Astros/Colts fan and he naturally hates the yanks and the dodgers. I take him to the VA and he complains about the yanks, complains about the dodgers, talks about the Astros, complains about the yankees, complains about the dodgers, rinse and repeat. Every conversation we have revolves around those 3 things. Astros, yanks and dodgers. I wouldn't have it any other way. He, and I, are Milo Hamilton fans if that tells you anything. Looking forward to the SD COL game tonight. Thanks for humoring me.

On a side note, my 14YO comes to me earlier and says "Dad, my franchise is busted!" I asked him what he meant and asked him to show me and he shows me this...I'm like "Well, that's better than real life so cope with it!".
MRXPRPd.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News