ADVERTISEMENT

MM is Deer Park Burning Down?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...deer-park-facility-day-after-exxon-plant-fire

52youx.jpg

A lot of people are asking for an update on the tank farm fire, so here it goes:

As of about 11:10pm Sunday

• It’s not looking good.

•12 tanks are on fire.

•There’s radio talk about concern that the structure of the tanks could collapse from the heat. That would be a catastrophe.

•There are 56 pieces of equipment from every surrounding agency and some from far away. More are coming.

Please please please pray for all involved.

I live about five miles from ITC. Hopefully they won't order a mandatory evacuation.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Holy sh!t. So it's a bad as reported. Hang in there MM.

Someone care to explain what is going on here? Not familiar with ITC Deer Park
Deer Park is a subdivision of Houston located about 20 miles to the southeast of it. Deer Park has a population of around 40,000 and is a blue collar community with its infrastructure built around the petrochemical oil and gas refinement industry.
A fire has broken out at one of the terminals that store oil and petroleum byproducts. There is a massive tank battery with gigantic storage tanks filled with very flammable substances.
One of those tanks caught on fire and the fire has spread to several more of these building sized tanks.

Deer Park is a subdivision of Houston located about 20 miles to the southeast of it. Deer Park has a population of around 40,000 and is a blue collar community with its infrastructure built around the petrochemical oil and gas refinement industry.
A fire has broken out at one of the terminals that store oil and petroleum byproducts. There is a massive tank battery with gigantic storage tanks filled with very flammable substances.
One of those tanks caught on fire and the fire has spread to several more of these building sized tanks.
What is the "treatment" for this type of fire? Prayers to those who live in that area as well as the 1st responders

They're saying that it may burn for a few days until it burns itself out. There is no way to stop the feed supporting the fire. They are using foam to try to suppress the fire and are putting water on other tanks to keep them as cool as possible to try to keep them from igniting. Right now the wind is out of the east, which is helping to push the smoke eastward from Deer Park. If the wind were to shift out of the north, that would not be good.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
They're saying that it may burn for a few days until it burns itself out. There is no way to stop the feed supporting the fire. They are using foam to try to suppress the fire and are putting water on other tanks to keep them as cool as possible to try to keep them from igniting. Right now the wind is out of the east, which is helping to push the smoke eastward from Deer Park. If the wind were to shift out of the north, that would not be good.
Pretty impressive those tanks can withstand the heat. One would think the heat would have already compromised the integrity of those tanks

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Pretty impressive those tanks can withstand the heat. One would think the heat would have already compromised the integrity of those tanks

If the tanks was made in Oklahoma then they would a melted 10 mins after fire started.... They are good Texas engineered tanks

That city needs to get together and throw the biggest party possible for those fire fighters. Getting something like this under control must have been monumental task.

That is the truth! The guys on the plant emergency response teams are trained for fires like this. They worked many long hours, many of them up 24 hours, and with little rest. They did the best that they could, given the circumstances of the feed from very flammable materials.

Hats off to those who battled the fire at ITC and won!!

That is the truth! The guys on the plant emergency response teams are trained for fire like this. They worked many long hours, many of them up 24 hours, and will little rest. They did the best that they could, given the circumstances of the feed from very flammable materials.

Hats off to those who battled the fire at ITC and won!!

Corpus Refinery RTC sent 14 men to help...

http://rtfc.org/

Reactions: LonghornMM
MM, check the news if you haven’t heard. They are telling Deer Park to shelter in place due to increasing Benzene levels in the air.

I left Wednesday morning for a meeting in Dallas today. I toured The Star on Wednesday afternoon. That place is AMAZING and is a whole 'nother conversation! The timing of my trip was good due to what all has happened at ITC and the shelter in place this morning. My kids left town to go stay at our lake house in Livingston for a few days. I'll be back home on Friday.

I left Wednesday morning for a meeting in Dallas today. I toured The Star on Wednesday afternoon. That place is AMAZING and is a whole 'nother conversation! The timing of my trip was good due to what all has happened at ITC and the shelter in place this morning. My kids left town to go stay at our lake house in Livingston for a few days. I'll be back home on Friday.

Good ya coming back! We have been attacked by "Yankee brisket" cooks"...LOL

Reactions: LonghornMM
Glad you're safe. Tell us more about this lake house.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT