ADVERTISEMENT

Most overpaid/underpaid College Football coaches

Frankly Bell, BLH's insight generally IS always riveting.

I am also of the opinion that the BEST coaching performances are not always tied to the won loss record. Strong was tasked with changing an entire culture and restoring pride in the program.He had to make hard choices that paid negative dividends in the beginning i.e. kicking players out that could have helped, but that needed to go. Student athletes are now actually required to be students.....what a concept.

Does one think even for a second that Coach Strong is not aware that losing coaches get fired, and that losing coaches at a school like Texas ESPECIALLY get fired.Yet he had the courage to go for a total rebuild. Whether or not he can reap the benefits of his actions, the football PROGRAM will be by far the better for it.
Thanks for confirmation Oldhorn. BLH and I have had our run ins but it's been a good while back . I have no issues whatsoever with BLH

I"m of the opinion that Mack did his best coaching job at Texas the year he got fired.

Being able to salvage 8 wins from that team was amazing. But even with that great effort, the damage was already done. The program needed a new direction and Strong was the right hire for that.

This however doesn't mean he was the right hire as a football coach. That still remains to be seen. What Strong has done outside of football has been much needed and appreciated. I will be forever grateful that he cleaned house the way he did, but he is paid 5 million to win football games. I have gone on record, if this team goes 1-5, I will be convinced at that point that Charlie Strong is not the right coach to lead Texas back.

Not really a proven loser but oh well. You are a bitter individual. Why do you continually bring him up if he is a proven loser? Paradoxical behavior. BTW, what year did you graduate from Texas?

One thing I do agree with is Scholz is prone to unhealthy fixations.

I wish we could still talk politics on here. It really brought out the fun......:cool:

Not really a proven loser but oh well.
Really? I guess never winning a title of any sort qualifies as a winner in aggyland. Of course it does. It would have to. :D

You are a bitter individual.
From an aggy who loves coming to a Longhorn board to talk trash. You guys is smart.

BTW, what year did you graduate from Texas?
Another moronic aggy favorite. I don't wish to divulge any of my personal information to an obsessed, bitter, envious aggy but thanks.

You sure like to obsess over me. Duly noted.
If I went to a bar and there was always a guy in there drunk and harassing the guests I'd probably always have something to say about him.

So are you on the Bernie bandwagon?

Sorry MM, strike that last comment.

Yeah, this is a Longhorn bar. Your unhealthy obsession about me is noted again though, aggy.

Believe whatever you want. But what, none of our fans actually went to school here even though we've had more students and alumni than you forever? Yeah, par for the course from you dirtclods. :D

All you do is call people names. Very little substance. If you are so proud of your "degrees", just wonder why you didn't answer the first time.

I've been on this board (with different handles) since Ricky won the Heisman. Scholz has also been on this board for about the same time frame. I'm pretty sure he is a Ex.

Reactions: Scholz
I've been slapping Scholzie down for a long time on this board, I can vouch for him as a long time member and as a dude who honors his bets. He is very angry though but maybe after this weekend we can have happy scholzie back

All you do is call people names. Very little substance. If you are so proud of your "degrees", just wonder why you didn't answer the first time.
I'm not required to demonstrate my "pride" in my degrees. Especially to a trash talking aggy on a Longhorn board. I just find it comical that you jethros think all UT fans are your so called "t shirt" variety. It's moronic considering how many more Longhorn grads there are in the state than aggy grads. It's just a dumbass talking point that you people perpetuate. Also, I don't like to divulge personal info to obsessed, bitter, envious aggys like you on the internet.

Yes, very angry. I don't guess I blame him though...also very defensive it would appear. You are not "required" to do anything except apparently respond to a message board 24/7.

I'm Out.

Best thing you've said all day, obsessed aggy. Feel free to not come back to the Longhorn board and cry like a little girl about what Longhorns say. It's not obligatory of you.

Btw, enjoy your proven loser of a coach until you fire him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT