ADVERTISEMENT

Need Help: Going to New Braunfels and Seguin...

CoachEmUp64

Jan 15, 2015
Where's the best places to eat in New Braunfels and Seguin?

I'll be there Friday-Sunday.

I like Gristmill in Gruene/new Braunfels. Also Myrons or McAdoos. Those are just a few of my favorites and I live here

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Coachemup, if you drag your friends (or enemies) to the gristmill you should be shot on sight. Tourist trap of the worst order. It's in Gruene, I live in Gruene. I know the family that owns that place. They order their food from Sysco and just heat it up. Might as well swing by long John silvers. At least they fry their own sh!t. Look, this all depends on what you're in the mood for.

BBQ? Only one choice. Cooper's. If you go there, tell Mark I sent you. He's the GM Steaks? Belldozer is correct, Myron's is on par with any Chicago chop house or papa's brothers out there. If you go there, ask for Hooker. Tell him clob from the whale sent you. Macadoo's has really good seafood. Fresh daily. Ask for Scott K or Eric couch. Tell them the same thing. You like burgers? I mean awesomely greasy slider style burgers that require blood thinner pills afterwards? Go to Mosey's in Gruene right across the street from gruene hall and gristmill. I bet you 10 bucks you can't finish them. Unreal good!
Breakfast tacos? Los Gallos on the loop. Homemade everything with tortillas the size of pancakes on steroids. You want a little more upscale yet relaxed? Gruene Door. Excellent Kobe beef burger as well as the lamb. Italian? 188. It's right next door to Blue Moose pizza (owned by the same guy who also owns the one in aspen) which by the way is as solid a pizza as you will get anywhere outside of Newark or Chicago. for breakfast other than tacos you can try union st station or fork and spoon

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Coachemup, if you drag your friends (or enemies) to the gristmill you should be shot on sight. Tourist trap of the worst order. It's in Gruene, I live in Gruene. I know the family that owns that place. They order their food from Sysco and just heat it up. Might as well swing by long John silvers. At least they fry their own sh!t. Look, this all depends on what you're in the mood for.

BBQ? Only one choice. Cooper's. If you go there, tell Mark I sent you. He's the GM Steaks? Belldozer is correct, Myron's is on par with any Chicago chop house or papa's brothers out there. If you go there, ask for Hooker. Tell him clob from the whale sent you. Macadoo's has really good seafood. Fresh daily. Ask for Scott K or Eric couch. Tell them the same thing. You like burgers? I mean awesomely greasy slider style burgers that require blood thinner pills afterwards? Go to Mosey's in Gruene right across the street from gruene hall and gristmill. I bet you 10 bucks you can't finish them. Unreal good!
Breakfast tacos? Los Gallos on the loop. Homemade everything with tortillas the size of pancakes on steroids. You want a little more upscale yet relaxed? Gruene Door. Excellent Kobe beef burger as well as the lamb. Italian? 188. It's right next door to Blue Moose pizza (owned by the same guy who also owns the one in aspen) which by the way is as solid a pizza as you will get anywhere outside of Newark or Chicago. for breakfast other than tacos you can try union st station or fork and spoon
Awesome, love getting the local's suggestions on where to eat. Clob, you go out of the country and I go to NB. If you were in town I'd buy you a beer. I'm sure your having a great time though!

I'm about to go to a club called A38 ship. It's an old Ukrainian barge that was abandoned after the wall came down and they've converted it to this massive 4 story night club and concert venue. Right dow the street from my hotel.

Another place to try would be Huisache Grill downtown. A little lighter than those other places.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I coached in Seguin, Not a damn thing in Seguin. IF you like catfish and onion rings I would check out Clear Springs. If you want BBQ and don't mind a little drive City Market in Luling is pretty darn good although I haven't eaten there in about 15 years. A little farther drive and you could go to one of 4 places in Lockhart. I hink I am one of the few that like Chisholm Trail better than Blacks, Smittys or Kreuz Market.

I coached in Seguin, Not a damn thing in Seguin. IF you like catfish and onion rings I would check out Clear Springs. If you want BBQ and don't mind a little drive City Market in Luling is pretty darn good although I haven't eaten there in about 15 years. A little farther drive and you could go to one of 4 places in Lockhart. I hink I am one of the few that like Chisholm Trail better than Blacks, Smittys or Kreuz Market.
I have always thought that the onion rings at Clear Springs are fantastic. I have had better catfish easily but those damn onion rings are the real deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT