NFL Product on The Field

caShFLO

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2016
Austin
Is so bad.

I know there have been quite a few threads already about this but...jeez. What makes it even more puzzling is all of the rule changes over the last 20 years that favor the offense and they are STILL this bad. Some of the factors:

- The new kick off rule removed 5-6 potential explosive plays per game
- Offensive trends/copycat league, not a lot of different "identities"
- QB play is atrocious...Bo Nix threw 15 passes in the 1H today and had MINUS 7 Yards...wtf? Is that a record?
-This is anecdotal but I feel like players are less likely to play dinged up given the length of the season, so we have an "MLB like" regular season now and tons of guys out every week
- Shorter pre-season so early games there is not much polish
- Play calling/design seems like it's all RPO with 1 look down the field and then checking down?

Prediction: Trends ebb and flow. Because the spread has been so popular for so long now and defenses have adjusted by having a lot of "hybrid" guys that are 230 lbs and cover in space, we are going to see some Harbaugh esque teams really rise to prominence by going really big and making the hybrid guys play run defense all game (I dont think they'll like that). I-form, 12 personel, and the fullback will come back in style!

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.