ADVERTISEMENT

Notes on today's big day of visitors for the football program (Garrett Wilson sets official visits)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
5ac016d14388c-Lewis%20Cine.jpg

Rivals100 safety Lewis Cine was back at practice this morning after also hitting Thursday evening’s practice. He tells me he really, really enjoyed what he saw of the UT campus and his time with the UT coaches and players.

Cine doesn’t have a list of leaders yet but said he was “really blown away by Texas” and there’s a strong chance he comes back for an official visit.

I also spoke with someone who spent some time with of the other visitors, including Garrett Wilson and Elijah Higgins. I’m not expecting any immediate fireworks, but it does sound like things went very well and Texas helped itself once again. Things look really good for both local products, although Wilson did visit Ohio State and Notre Dame this week so I want to talk to him about those visits to get a better gauge of what he’s thinking.

As a reminder, as we mentioned a couple weeks ago, Branson Bragg was in town for the Texas Relays and was going by to see the Texas coaches at some point. No word yet on how that went, although I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t go very well.

Elite 2020 WR Demond Demas tweeted out that he’s “loving” his visit. Long way to go there, but the more times Texas can get him on campus the better.

I’ve got messages out to the other guys who were on campus, including DeMarvin Leal and Nana Osafo-Mensah, and will update as I hear back from some of them. With a couple other guys hanging around for Texas Relays and tomorrow being Easter, I don’t want to bug the guys too much but I’ll pass along anything I hear.

Also, top offensive line target Javonne Shepherd released a top 8 of Texas, Texas A&M, Bama, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma and Southern Cal. The North Forest standout is expected at the UT spring game in a few weeks and Texas is really surging here.

One last note … asked one recruit who caught his eye at today’s scrimmage. He said the defense overall had the upper hand from his perspective but listed Toneil Carter, Caden Sterns and Anthony Cook as guys who played well.

7:15 pm update -
Exchanged some texts with Garrett Wilson.

The Lake Travis WR told me the intensity from the scrimmage stood out. He spent most of his time hanging out with Elijah Higgins, Chux Nwabuko and Jaylen Ellis.

He did tell me this week’s Ohio State visit made a strong impression. OSU and Texas are the two schools standing out. He’ll take an official visit to OSU on April 13 and Texas on April 20.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News