ADVERTISEMENT

Now Serving No. 66!

diadevic

May 4, 2006
My annual post.

My old man will be sitting in the Cotton Bowl for the Texas/OU game for the 66th straight year on Saturday. His all time record: UT 32, OU 30, 3 Ties. We went to Big XII championship game last December because he was afraid someone might put an asterisk on his streak if he didn't go.

His buddy that he went with from the beginning passed after no. 62, so I go with him now. This will be my 16th, and I still get goose bumps. As for my old man - he didn't go to UT, but there will be no one yelling louder than him. He will make sure that we are eating Corny Dogs by 9:00 a.m.

My favorite memory from last year - after the game, my Dad is leaning over the upper deck rail yelling down to the lower level Sooner fans "Pooooor Okies", and a plus sized "lady" wearing her Sooner tent shirt looked him right in the eye and gave him the double bird - pretty much sums up my old man and the Sooners.

I say it every October - this is the greatest day of the year, and the greatest event our State has to offer. If you see an old man shuffling along that looks like he needs a knee replacement, which he does - wish him a Happy 66th. Hook'em Horns!

My annual post.

My old man will be sitting in the Cotton Bowl for the Texas/OU game for the 66th straight year on Saturday. His all time record: UT 32, OU 30, 3 Ties. We went to Big XII championship game last December because he was afraid someone might put an asterisk on his streak if he didn't go.

His buddy that he went with from the beginning passed after no. 62, so I go with him now. This will be my 16th, and I still get goose bumps. As for my old man - he didn't go to UT, but there will be no one yelling louder than him. He will make sure that we are eating Corny Dogs by 9:00 a.m.

My favorite memory from last year - after the game, my Dad is leaning over the upper deck rail yelling down to the lower level Sooner fans "Pooooor Okies", and a plus sized "lady" wearing her Sooner tent shirt looked him right in the eye and gave him the double bird - pretty much sums up my old man and the Sooners.

I say it every October - this is the greatest day of the year, and the greatest event our State has to offer. If you see an old man shuffling along that looks like he needs a knee replacement, which he does - wish him a Happy 66th. Hook'em Horns!

I regret that I can only give 1 like.

Amazing and cool, us old people like to do stuff like that, we are still human, a lot of kids forget their parents when older and take their home, money and stuff they worked hard for all their life, It a breath of spring air to see someone taking their Dad somewhere instead of not having the time or sticking him in a nursing home, when you get old, you want family around you, nothing else matters, cause you might not see them again the next day, Hats off to Ya D!

Amazing and cool, us old people like to do stuff like that, we are still human, a lot of kids forget their parents when older and take their home, money and stuff they worked hard for all their life, It a breath of spring air to see someone taking their Dad somewhere instead of not having the time or sticking him in a nursing home, when you get old, you want family around you, nothing else matters, cause you might not see them again the next day, Hats off to Ya D!
Are you projecting at your kids?

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Are you projecting at your kids?

I done did my will and shit and all that crap and nobody can F it up or change it...I won't go to a Nursing home, cause the food ain't worth a shit, no good looking women, I got my will rigged if they don't take care of mr and my wife then they don't get shit and it all goes to Charity

50839966-1188205438015154-6324211731291701248-n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
My annual post.

Greatness! Congratulations to him. What incredible memories for you both. Keep on Hookin Em!

ADVERTISEMENT